ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Open Bass Strums (GH:M) Broken?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Open Bass Strums (GH:M) Broken? Reply with quote

I did search to see if this kinda topic had been covered but didn't find anything.

Anyway, I want to know if the open (purple) strums for bass on GH:M and possibly other games are broken, particularly when used as a hammer-on, I've noticed that whenever I try to play open strum as a hammer-on, it nearly always drops the note, resulting in me having to strum every one of them so I don't muck up and FC.

Anyone else noticed this? or is it just me over-reacting about it?
5* KoC on Hard [X]
FC Cult of Personality on Hard (GH3)[ ] & (SH)[ ] & (RB3)[X]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: JumperM0nkey PSN Name: Ianisonline
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you are doing (and what I used to do quite often starting out on bass) is that you are letting go of the open pull-offs too early, try keeping hold of the fret for a little longer before letting go

and to my knowledge the open strums are not broken in anyway

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you hammeron an open note?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

you let go of the previous note right when the open note goes by. For instance, if the chart has a yellow note followed by a hammeron open note, you play the yellow, then when the open note comes by, let go of the yellow. Am i making sense?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it like that, still doesn't work guess I just have bad luck when it comes to them, not really a fan of them either tbh, preferred the GH3 method of doing bass, even though this method is more 'realistic'.

And what I mean is say for example I had a blue note followed by an open strum that was glowing (as a HO/PO does) I'd strum the blue, then release it to hit the open note and around 7/10 times it will actually hit, the other 3 times it doesn't and I end up strumming it in the paranoia that it won't work.
5* KoC on Hard [X]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: JumperM0nkey PSN Name: Ianisonline
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metabetalligata wrote:
I've tried it like that, still doesn't work guess I just have bad luck when it comes to them, not really a fan of them either tbh, preferred the GH3 method of doing bass, even though this method is more 'realistic'.

And what I mean is say for example I had a blue note followed by an open strum that was glowing (as a HO/PO does) I'd strum the blue, then release it to hit the open note and around 7/10 times it will actually hit, the other 3 times it doesn't and I end up strumming it in the paranoia that it won't work.

Well, i guess i can just tell you practice makes perfect. I'm sure you'll be more consistent as time goes on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess so, I s'pose that's the price I pay for being mainly a drummer and only having limited hand/eye co-ordination :P

Meh, I'll get there eventually I guess
5* KoC on Hard [X]
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I encountered occasional issues with broken notes on bass charts in GH:Van Halen, and I think that was because purple tapping notes were mixed in and it messed things up. Otherwise, they work perfectly. You're probably letting go too early. If that's not the case, there's a chance your buttons are slightly sticky and they're still considered held down after you release, which would cause the problem.

metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's interesting, because I use the LP (have used it for ages) but then bought an Xplorer cos I liked the shape better, and it's actually the Xplorer that has a key that is bad (the blue) which takes a considerable amount of force to push it.

That being said my LP is starting to show it's age and is now randomly dropping notes only upside is the strumbar still works fine

Thanks anyway, I'll give what you guys have said a try and report back tomorrow (hopefully)
5* KoC on Hard [X]
efeat  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disturbedfreak wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

you let go of the previous note right when the open note goes by. For instance, if the chart has a yellow note followed by a hammeron open note, you play the yellow, then when the open note comes by, let go of the yellow. Am i making sense?

EOZ was referring to the fact that open notes, by nature, are pull-offs only. You physically cannot hammer-on an open note, because hammering-on a note means you're pressing a fret, which therefore cannot be an open note then.

In other words, you're using the wrong technical term

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On SH and within every GH community the term hammer-on and pull-off is interchangeable. Usually the term hammer-on is used for a glowing note. One note is often even referred to as being a "HOPO", an acronym which, when fully written out as hammer-on pull-off, comprises both terms.

Besides, who, besides people playing GH1X, actually "pulls" off notes when doing, for example, scales (meaning a lower fret is pressed in before releasing the higher fret)?

EDIT: inafterblatantlyuselessrant

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

efeat wrote:
disturbedfreak wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

EOZ was referring to the fact that open notes, by nature, are pull-offs only. You physically cannot hammer-on an open note, because hammering-on a note means you're pressing a fret, which therefore cannot be an open note then.

In other words, you're using the wrong technical term

lol my bad
metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, ya got me :P

I guess this was sort of a half rant, cos I do get quite annoyed with them..

Anyway, tried what you guys said to do (played No Leaf Clover/ X Bass) and it worked, the first couple of times then it went back to not working.

Guess I'll just have to get used to it, if someone would be kind enough to lock the thread?
5* KoC on Hard [X]
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desimate bass was FC'd. open note pull-offs work just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlyoMw6Cgco
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
metabetalligata  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so it seems to only be me who has trouble with them
5* KoC on Hard [X]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: