ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH3 Guitar/Bass Co-Op League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEVINSTATER  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering are there any same console teams????

FC TWiE [X]
FC ttl [X]

Maybe start playing again [ ]
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DEVINSTATER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEVINSTATER wrote:

Just clarifying: You mean any team not playing online and in the same house.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
DEVINSTATER  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
DEVINSTATER wrote:

Just clarifying: You mean any team not playing online and in the same house.

correct

FC TWiE [X]
FC ttl [X]

Maybe start playing again [ ]
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DEVINSTATER
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever get the chance I want to hit Pat Benetar with my best shot.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axenray and I are a local team (playing on the same XBOX 360), but we probably won't be FC'ing anything too difficult, so it probably won't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think waiting for me and Mike to FC ItBoaS in the same run is going to be the most frustrating experience of my life.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEVINSTATER wrote:

Yeah, my partner and I are housemates and we'll both be playing on my Wii. I'm interested as to how this will affect song selection though; we've discovered in the past that certain songs have different maximum scores over XBL (not sure about PSN) than they do on the same console due to SP glitches, resulting in situtations where players competing online either have no chance at the top scores or can put up unbeatable scores with very little effort. I'm hoping that the league manager knows what these songs are so that they can be avoided.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
DEVINSTATER wrote:

Yeah, my partner and I are housemates and we'll both be playing on my Wii. I'm interested as to how this will affect song selection though; we've discovered in the past that certain songs have different maximum scores over XBL (not sure about PSN) than they do on the same console due to SP glitches, resulting in situtations where players competing online either have no chance at the top scores or can put up unbeatable scores with very little effort. I'm hoping that the league manager knows what these songs are so that they can be avoided.

I don't think this has anything to do with what songs are picked, but about internet speeds/lag. Lag can cause you to not get immediate credit for an activation, or it can cause you to get credit when you are not activated, usually from the star power bonus for some reason not ending when it should. Although I've seen some patterns emerge in what causes it, at least in Rock Band, it's not able to be controlled that I am aware of. And both due to this lack of control and the chance of it hurting OR helping, there's not really anything to be done. Hopefully, any team aware of a scoring glitch that helped them get a score they didn't earn will be honest about it and not submit the score, but lacking a video, there's pretty much no way to prove if a score is glitched or not, so we'll just have to count on teams being honest.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the GH3 on the XBOX 360 at least, when playing online, if both players' sp phrases end at the same time, they will only get credit for one sp phrase, not both. I'm not sure if this is the case for PS3 and WII, but I have a feeling it is. Since this is a predictable glitch, I think there are certain songs where it is actually beneficial to play online rather than in person. An example I can think of where this might be true is for My Name Is Jonas. The lack of star power from the glitch will allow you to not overlap the next phrase, which should result in more points in the end. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, I haven't made any paths for the song.

Edit: Also, immediate activations online are possible, both players just have to pre-tilt. With activations where you want to activate immediately after the third star power phrase this is still possible, you just have to time when you press the select button so that you hit it slightly before the phrase ends, so by the time the game recognizes it is time to activate, you will have hit the end of the phrase and will still get the 1.5 measure bonus from that phrase (or more if whammy is involved). Getting the timing down can be tricky, but it is definitely not impossible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
For the GH3 on the XBOX 360 at least, when playing online, if both players' sp phrases end at the same time, they will only get credit for one sp phrase, not both. I'm not sure if this is the case for PS3 and WII, but I have a feeling it is. Since this is a predictable glitch, I think there are certain songs where it is actually beneficial to play online rather than in person. An example I can think of where this might be true is for My Name Is Jonas. The lack of star power from the glitch will allow you to not overlap the next phrase, which should result in more points in the end. I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not, I haven't made any paths for the song.

Edit: Also, immediate activations online are possible, both players just have to pre-tilt. With activations where you want to activate immediately after the third star power phrase this is still possible, you just have to time when you press the select button so that you hit it slightly before the phrase ends, so by the time the game recognizes it is time to activate, you will have hit the end of the phrase and will still get the 1.5 measure bonus from that phrase (or more if whammy is involved). Getting the timing down can be tricky, but it is definitely not impossible.

So it's still more dependent upon the path rather than the song if there is benefit or detriment to playing online versus in person. Unless someone knows of a specific song that will automatically net the team playing more points just for playing online (rather than there having to be a very particular path to cause any difference in scoring potential) -- and I don't think such a song exists -- there aren't going to be any songs that are off limits.

It sounds like the complications arising from trying to activate at the same time online easily make up for any advantages derived from the glitch you are describing. While pathing specifically to take advantage of glitches that occur online doesn't sound really ethical, I don't know of a good way to prevent it.

Thanks for the further explanation, Dave. I'll double check this ruling with the other commissioners, but I'm thinking all songs are going to be allowed.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Name Is Jonas should definitely be fair game; any same-console teams can simulate the online SP override with a technique I call a "split squeeze". Any offline teams interested can read about it in the third paragraph I wrote here. Technically it's possible to get 200 more points online because you don't have to split that first activation, but this is far from the biggest SP issue we'll have to deal with in this league
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:

Yeah, my partner and I are housemates and we'll both be playing on my Wii.

tee hee hee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be playing HMWYBS for a while after this week!!!
PREDICTIONS:
Hier Kommt Alex
Black Sunshine

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
Netnabi4  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
I won't be playing HMWYBS for a while after this week!!!
PREDICTIONS:
Hier Kommt Alex
Black Sunshine

Atleast one of the songs won't be an easy co-op fc, like I feel a top 10-15 song, just because im on vacation from thursday night till sunday night
acatisfinetoo  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my curse

so ... how long until the results are posted?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: