ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH5 Expert Guitar League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYFLWD right off the bat. Ugh. lol I highly doubt I will grind for that FC but the others should be fun! I'm excited for this to start! Going to be very hectic for me over the next few weeks but I'm definitely going to squeeze time in for this! haha
Overwin  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... DYFLWD? SERIOUSLY? GOD.

I wish I was in the league. I have everyone of those songs Tech FC'd, except for DYFLWD... The only problem is the ending triplets. Oh well.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
omimann  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYFLWD?!?!?! I would say, let the path learning begin
The other songs are relatively easy and you don't have to squeeze hard unless you can FC DYFLWD

That said, good luck to everyone in week 1!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ganonmetroid stated my thoughts on DYFLWD pretty much perfectly.

I can has accomp thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xXgaara72Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had toplay YFLWD so many times for a rivalry that this is sweet relief to get it out of the way this early and knowing I can get a really high score and possibly and FC, but I haven't played 5 in a few weeks, so only time can tell. Good luck to all this week for all your leagues.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was one of my top picks, but I wanted to have both a GH and a RB league. Whatever, best of luck to everyone participating!

...I'm also laughing my ass off at DYFLWD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused. Have we already been placed in the A, AA, or AAA groups or are our performances in these prelims going to determine our placement?
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilpacman18 wrote:
I'm a bit confused. Have we already been placed in the A, AA, or AAA groups or are our performances in these prelims going to determine our placement?

Oh, you too?

Anyway, that would be nice to know, but all we can do right now is play the songs.

Guess it's time to learn the Judith path and get more consistent with the slider notes in Du Hast. Don't really expect to do horribly well at the other two. Anyway, good luck to all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This... is going to be... pretty hard...

Oh well, good luck to all of you!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 6089842497596363

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
evilpacman18 wrote:

Oh, you too?

Anyway, that would be nice to know, but all we can do right now is play the songs.

Guess it's time to learn the Judith path and get more consistent with the slider notes in Du Hast. Don't really expect to do horribly well at the other two. Anyway, good luck to all.

People who don't submit any scores for week 1 without a PM to the league head, they are removed from the league. Based on how many people are left, they will make separate divisions AKA AAA, AA and A for how many divisions they need. They use the scores from week 1 to place everyone in the proper division and life goes back to semi-normal.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
illiniguy  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to join. I just put my GH5 disc back in after a RB2 run, now I suck at the timing window. Hopefully I can get used to it again. :P
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't hint at my scores at all because that is against the rules, but man is Do You Feel Like We Do a chokefest. There are so many places in the song where I just miss for no reason at all. And the thought of trying to memorize the path is almost as daunting a task as attempting to not make any stupid mistakes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
And the thought of trying to memorize the path is almost as daunting a task as attempting to not make any stupid mistakes.

Don't memorize it. Just pause the game and look at the path. This song has SO many places you can safely pause. Plus, you can pause on long sustains and what not and jump back into the game without dropping them.

I've entered 3 of the 4 scores so far. All 3 of them being the first pass and two of them being FCs. DYFLWD FC probably won't happen for me so my one score I just now got for it will probably just be the one I keep. I'm way too busy this week to be grinding a 13 minute long song. lol The others I will end up finding time to redux (haven't done Six Days a Week yet though), but just in case I don't get around, I have place holders

I will say this though, my new DYFLWD score is 110k more than my previous. haha First time using a path on this song. This isn't giving my score away as I don't have my previous score recorded on SH or Xbox Live.

EDIT: Also, does anyone else think that parts of DYFLWD resemble the song Dear Mr Fantasy by Traffic?
evilpacman18  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get to the piano part of DYFLWD without messing up on the path or the notes I'll get it eventually I guess.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
dave0113 wrote:
And the thought of trying to memorize the path is almost as daunting a task as attempting to not make any stupid mistakes.

Don't memorize it. Just pause the game and look at the path. This song has SO many places you can safely pause. Plus, you can pause on long sustains and what not and jump back into the game without dropping them.

I've entered 3 of the 4 scores so far. All 3 of them being the first pass and two of them being FCs. DYFLWD FC probably won't happen for me so my one score I just now got for it will probably just be the one I keep. I'm way too busy this week to be grinding a 13 minute long song. lol The others I will end up finding time to redux (haven't done Six Days a Week yet though), but just in case I don't get around, I have place holders

I will say this though, my new DYFLWD score is 110k more than my previous. haha First time using a path on this song. This isn't giving my score away as I don't have my previous score recorded on SH or Xbox Live.

EDIT: Also, does anyone else think that parts of DYFLWD resemble the song Dear Mr Fantasy by Traffic?

The problem with pausing is that I'm recording my run on video, and pausing in the middle of a video would look terrible. It's actually a surprisingly easy path for me to memorize, I don't know how I got it so quickly without forgetting about certain activations. It's probably because of the long pauses that give me time to think and remember the next activation. I think the third activation is where there is the most room for improvement in terms of increasing score.

Does anyone have an idea how hard that last activation squeeze is? I'm afraid to try for it and risk missing 600-1200 points, but if it is reasonably doable I might give it a try.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: