ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is Scorehero doing this summer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: What is Scorehero doing this summer? Reply with quote

I know some of you guys might have started your summer breaks a little earlier than me, but I ended school just yesterday, and was wondering what everyone's doing over their few months of freedom?

I'm signed up for a baseball team coached by one of my friend's dad from my high school team. That should keep me pretty busy, since we're signed up for 2 leagues, and in one span of two or three weeks, we have as many, if not more, games than some MLB teams. Then in mid-July, I'm going to Franklin and Marshall college to take a class on Game Theory and Probability. When I first signed up for it, I thought it'd be about sports, and stuff like that, but later realized it wasn't. Then I got a bit more involved in the game Mafia, and realized that this class would be somewhat relevant to that, so I'm looking forward to it. When I get back from that program, I'm going to Yellowstone National Park with my mom, maybe my brother, and some other relatives.

The worst part about this summer is my AP World History summer assignments: I have to read a book and I have a test on a bunch of map related stuff on the first day of school and a test on the book we're supposed to read shortly after that

So what are you guys doing this summer?
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea for a thread. I'm actually doing a few things this summer for which I would like to record my progress--maybe (if this thread stays afloat) I can use it for that purpose.

Are you just going out west to see Yellowstone? The entire Pacific Coast--especially the northwest--is worth seeing if you've got the time. I got to see Washington in springtime back in April, and would like to get to Oregon next.

My summer isn't going to consist of a whole lot of free time--in order to make my final semester of college (next spring) as easy as I can, I've been stacking up on classes, including a history one over the three-week interim and an eight-week bio course that I'm currently taking. On top of that, I'm working part-time to pay the bills. I find that the more free time I have, the more sitting around I do, and I want to avoid that at all costs, so work and school keep me busy if nothing else (even though with this course I will have taken 23 credits since January--I'm getting burned out).

I decided a few months ago that I wanted to join the military after I graduate next spring, so at some point I have to start dedicating myself to getting in shape. This includes exercise, yes, but it also includes removing some unhealthy habits--when the summer started, I was smoking a pack a day, drinking anywhere from 20 to 40 ounces of soda each day, and eating fast food at least once a day too. I ride my bike almost everywhere so it's not like I'm completely out of shape, but yeah, obviously I could be doing better. I am happy to report though that I made a bet with my roommate as a means to get me to quit smoking, and as of this writing I have not had a cigarette in almost five days. The soda and fast food will be next. As soon as I get all of that stuff out of my system, I'll put together a daily exercise routine and get in shape.

Other than that, nothing really planned for the summer, except perhaps a trip down to Texas to visit some friends. Oh, and golf. Lots and lots of golf.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know exactly where I'm going in Yellowstone, but I'll post when I find out. I'll keep your suggestion in mind, though

As for your quitting soda goal, I think you should try weening yourself off, or maybe switching to something like Snapple or Arnold Palmers (really good and have a good amount of Vitamin C), and then ween yourself off those, since they're just as good, if not better, than soda and are slightly better for you. For your quitting of fast food, watch the movie Supersize Me to disgust yourself out of eating fast food.
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, I eat pretty healthy otherwise--I've always got some fruits and veggies sitting around, I refill the Brita at least once a day, I try to cook for myself at least once a week, and my roommate has given up trying to drink any OJ I buy because I just carry the carton around with me. I've never heard of Arnold Palmers, I'll look into that. Thanks for the tips, although if I can give up smoking as easily as I have so far, I shouldn't have too much trouble with the others.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no break time for me. im not in school since 8 years lol working full time, but the best part is im expecting a, 2nd, baby really really soon, no more than 2 weeks and i'll be daddy again. so my summer will probably goes all to her; Maya. as well as my son. so yeah, huge busy summer coming up. plus GH in between that, oh man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
I've never heard of Arnold Palmers, I'll look into that.

Arnold Palmer is a flavor of Arizona Iced Tea, and it's delicious.

As for what I'm doing over the summer... Good question. I'm having my 16th birthday party on the 10th of July.

That's really the only plan I have.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further clarify what an Arnold Palmer is, it's a mix of iced tea and lemonade, and it's delicious.

I also might be going to the Florida Keys sometime after I return from Yellowstone, depending on the oil spill situation, but I might not want to go because of my stupid summer assignment
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work, go to a ton of concerts, party. July alone is going to be an incredible time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
[ I'm having my 16th birthday party on the 10th of July.

I'm having my 16th birthday party on the 11th of July. Lol, weird.

But anyway, I haven't done much this summer besides play GH and watch The Office. However, this week I volunteered at Vacation Bible School at my church and got to help out there, and I'm starting to teach myself guitar for the 5th time or so - except this time my older brother is teaching me, sort of, so I should make some progress this time. I've also recently started running to get back in shape for Cross Country once school starts back up. AND I'm going to Orlando the week of my birthday with a friend mainly to visit Universal Studios for the new Harry Potter stuff there. The friend I'm bringing is probably the biggest Harry Potter fan I've ever known, so he is super excited that I invited him along - moreso than anyone else in my family going there, lol. I am maaaaybe going to Atlanta after that for some DCI (Drum Corps International, basically really awesome professional marching bands).

So yeah, that's what I plain on doing this summer.

FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to find a damn job.
Sweat my ass off (I hate humidity so goddamn much...).
Ride my bike more.
Decide if I want to continue with school right now or move back to VA.
Get my supposed Post Nasal Drip issue fixed.
Sweat my ass off (seriously...I think I have a sweat gland issue lol).

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
dogtownzboy1  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was suppose to get a job. I was too late for the deadline. So now Ill just be sitting around my house playing guitar and hanging with friends. By the way, i'm 15 so its kinda hard to find a cool job haha.

Ill also be skating alot. Finally getting better haha. Nailed a 3 set today....kinda

http://www.last.fm/user/shad0wz69
Follow Me @dogtownzboy1

Haven't been on ScoreHero in 3 years. 4chan ruined my life.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm in the musical at my community theatre, so that will take up a little bit of my time.

Besides that, I'm gonna swim in my pool, golf, spend time with my friends and family, and play mafia (of course). My school year was heptic this year, so I'm planning on relaxing quite a bit.

Also, I'm gonna see if I can get Adam and Micah to put out a new podcast. Any suggestions 9001?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be brutally honest: weightlifting and getting wasted. School's just been getting me down.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:

Also, I'm gonna see if I can get Adam and Micah to put out a new podcast. Any suggestions 9001?
The Statement Guys. Sound good?
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBMrider86 wrote:
Try to find a damn job.

This. If I can land me a job, then I'll worry about what else I want to do this summer (buy and play a large number of games for Wii and PS3).

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: