ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero Mafia 5 - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: ScoreHero Mafia 5 - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN! Reply with quote

Quicklinks:
Sign-ups begin
Day 1 Start
Day 1 End
Day 2 End
Day 3 End
Day 4 End
Day 5 End
Day 6 End
Day 7 End
Day 8 End
Day 9 End
Day 10 End / Game Over

Left Alive:
1. sorasgoof, Adohu, Miller
2. ortiz1193, augthebomb, Mafia Roleblocker
3. ready2rock, Tree Stump

I see Dead People:
1. MitchMan, 9001, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 1
2. TheLonging, TOWN Neighbor, Stabbed Night 1
3. evilpacman18, TOWN Neighbor, lynched Day 2
4. NavyCherub, TOWN Cop, Shot Night 2
5. bballcenter7, DemonHybrid, hitthewrongfret, MAFIA Godfather, lynched Day 3
6. CCARaven4, Vanilla Townie, Stabbed Night 3
7. EmoArbiter, TOWN Neighbor, lynched Day 4
8. ace5993, TOWN Roleblocker, Shot Night 4
9. sean2490, TOWN Watcher, lynched Day 5
10. ShadoWolf, Vanilla Townie, Stabbed Night 5
11. Olinea, Serial Killer, Shot Night 5
12. ManfredvonKarma, Mafia Goon, lynched Day 6
13. Thirdkoopa, Vengeful Townie, Shot Night 6
14. Shaguar, FingerQuick, Mafia Rolecop, lynched Day 7
15. METALfootball, Vanilla Townie, Shot Night 7
16. Parama, Vanilla Townie, Shot Night 8
17. Raikri999, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day 9
18. diddin, bodyguard, Shot Night 10

Replacements:
Dark Red = Mafia
Olive = Unknown

That morning the town woke up,
each with coffee in their cup.

Half elected to not lynch,
The day ended in a pinch.

Fugitive couldn't find a guest flavorist,
So you get this lazy piece of shit.

It is now Night 8. If you have actions you may submit them and you may talk in QTs. The deadline is December 18th, 6:30 PM EST (3:30 PM PST).

What is Mafia?

Mafia is a game, in its most basic form, in which there are townies, aligned with the town, and scum, aligned with the mafia. The goal of the town is to lynch the scum until there is no scum left. The goal of the mafia is to kill enough townies to make sure that mafia outnumber townies. There are more powerful roles with the town (ex. Doctor) and the Mafia (ex. Roleblocker), called Power Roles, which can be explained in the links below. There are also third party roles, where they have a win condition outside of "make sure all of the [townies/scum] are dead." (ex. Survivor, who only has to live until one of the major parties reaches their win condition). All of these are also detailed in the links below:

Outline
Flash Introduction to Mafia
Flash Explanation of Roles
A very basic list of roles

The Rules
1. Each day the players may try to lynch somebody. A lynch requires a total number of votes that is more than half the people alive (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 9 votes are needed for a lynch). A normal lynch is irrevocable. Unvoting or changing your vote after someone has already reached a majority number of votes will have no effect. Day phases will last two weeks. At the deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched (regardless of whether or not they have a majority of the votes). If there is a tie at the deadline, the first unvote, vote, or change in vote which gives one person more votes than anyone else will cause the lynch. It is possible for a user not originally in the tie to be lynched if he receives several votes consecutively.

2. You may vote for a no lynch on any day. A no lynch requires that exactly half of the living players vote for it (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 8 votes are needed to no lynch). If an odd number of players are alive, a no lynch requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 5 players are alive, 3 votes are needed to no lynch).

3. Please bold your votes and unvotes as such Vote: Fugitive. We would appreciate it if you include the name of any person you unvote, but it is not required. We DO NOT require that unvotes are used, BUT THEY ARE PREFERABLE to the alternative.

4. There is No (thanks augthebomb) talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day. You may only talk to other people outside the thread at night if it is part of your role. This rule applies even if you are dead (though you will be allowed to communicate with other people who are dead, more information on this will be given if/when you die). All parties involved in illegal communication will be force-replaced.

5. Do not, under any circumstances, edit your posts. Do not use color or size tags to create barely readable secret messages. Anyone caught doing either one of these will receive a strike. You will be force-replaced or modkilled from the game in the event of reaching a third strike.

6. Do not directly quote PMs from the mod. Do not falsely quote PM's from the mod. You are allowed to paraphrase or fake a paraphrase of a mod PM. You are allowed to quote or paraphrase anything a mod says in the thread.

7. Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "BAW!" post, but no game related content. Something like "It's obvious who should be lynched" or "You got me, but for the wrong reasons" is game related content, even if you don't include people's names. You may not self-reveal your role, either (e.g. “Damn it you guys, I was the doctor!”). If a post such as these is made, you will be asked to edit it, and you will potentially receive punishment relating to future ScoreHero Mafia games depending upon who severe your infraction was.

8. There WILL be talking in Twilight phases. The twilight period is defined as the time between the final vote needed for a lynch (i.e. the hammer) and one of the moderators posting the flavor and officially declaring it night. The lynchee, however, may not talk during this phase.

9. Try to be relatively civil to each other. We know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother. Anyone who delves into the realm of flaming will receive a strike (obligatory reminder that three strikes and you’re out). Depending on the severity of the remark, you may also be reported to ScoreHero’s moderators for review.

10. Just because we’re moderating this game doesn’t mean that we’re infallible. If you feel that a mistake was made, send a PM to the mod who made the mistake explaining what is wrong. You may also address it in the thread like so: OpenYourEyes: Vote Totals are wrong.

11. We will try to have a vote count up every 3 pages. If you feel that we have gone too long without putting up a vote count, please either ask for a vote count in thread or PM an available mod to let him know. To ask for a vote count, please use this format: OpenYourEyes: Vote Totals, please.

12. Please let your fellow players and your mods know if you are going to be unable to post for a period of more than 48 hours. Please try to make at least one post per real-lifeday. Multiple posts in one day are even better.

13. We reserve the right to do an activity check if we feel the game is moving too slowly. If a person has gone 24 hours without posting in the thread, they are eligible for a user-requested prod, requested like so: Fugitive: Prod UserX. Any user who goes over 48 hours without posting will be automatically prodded. Users who go 48 hours without responding to a prod will be replaced.

14. If you feel that this game is no longer fun, and is no longer something that you wish to be involved with, you may PM one of the mods asking to be replaced. All requests for replacement will be taken seriously, so do not jokingly send us a replacement request. If you are replaced, you are not allowed back into the game you have been dropped from, nor are you allowed to post in the game thread (until endgame).

15. Each game day will have last a maximum of 14 real days (2 weeks). You may vote to extend the deadline by three days like so: Vote: Deadline Extension. In order to pass a deadline extension, half of the living players must agree to it (e.g. if 16 people are alive, 8 votes are needed to extend the deadline). If an odd number of players are alive, a deadline extension requires the same number of votes as a lynch would (e.g. If 5 players are alive, 3 votes are needed to extend the deadline).

16. We reserve all other powers not explicitly stated here for use should the situation call for it.

17. Indigo is my modding color. Don't use it.
Blue is OpenYourEyes’ modding color. Don’t use it.

18. Don't use colors for the sake of using them. It's annoying. You will receive a strike in the event of this rule being broken.

Last edited by Fugitive on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:24 am; edited 86 times in total
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Fugi, when you say 12:00am on the 16th, do you mean the 12:00am going into the 16th or the 12:00am going out of the 16th?

[Edit] Nevermind, there isn't going to be a whole day's difference across one country.

12:00am can only refer to a single day. No time overlaps into two separate days.

October 15th is a Friday. The deadline starts at 9:00pm there on the United States western coast. 12:00am October 16th is 3 hours later than 9:00pm.

I'll post the GMT 0 deadline in the OP so people can figure it out from their time zones.
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, know what? How about you guys just PM Fugitive if you want to participate. The three pages of pointless posting I just had to delete is exactly why we don't like allowing these kinds of threads here. Anyone looking for relevant information would have been hard-pressed to find it.

Use this thread for the game itself, PM Fugitive to sign up, and seriously, there's no reason for you to post here just to say that you *might* participate or *can't* participate.

If you want another season of this game, I advise you to follow these recommendations.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole reason why we post in here to sign up is to make it easier to avoid bias from mods (this does happen on occasion) and it gives people a record of what happens and all this. Using PM's would be confusing, and pre-game participation is also needed; after all, many of us are regulars here for mafia, and some of us are people we depend on to be in the game a lot, and if not enough people sign up it'll be either botched or whatever, which is why posting in here gives Fugitive easy to access information, as well as OpenYourEyes, who in addition to that, doesn't go on IRC or whatever, and this would be a good way to communicate with everyone in general, as well as asking questions about the game and news about the game to everyone as opposed to PM's. Yes the puns got out of hand, I admit, but this isn't a reason to simply ban the whole pre-game discussion.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ScoreHero Mafia 5 (Sign-ups October 15th/16th) Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:

4. There is to talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day.

What it should say wrote:

4. There is no talking to other players about game content outside of the thread during the day.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey woozer, mind going and deleting the drunk thread too? If you say pointless posting is against the law, you should probably have done that a while ago. Thanks

Last edited by Parama on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TheLonging - I don't mind if the signups happen in here if people can (somewhat) stay on topic and not post pointlessly just to say they are thinking about it or might/might not. Or post just to post puns/jokes/etc. There was NO REASON for all those posts to be here and most (if not all) of the people who were doing it know better.

@Parama - I would be HAPPY to delete the drunk thread, but I can see the purpose of having it, and since other moderators are happy with its existence, I leave it alone.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
@TheLonging - I don't mind if the signups happen in here if people can (somewhat) stay on topic and not post pointlessly just to say they are thinking about it or might/might not.
I wouldn't call those posts pointless, as they did in fact help me gauge the level of interest for this game, meaning I didn't have to fret about staying up waiting for the sign-ups. Because of that, unless there is massive interest for this game between now and October 15th, I can come into the thread fairly relaxed and post on the 16th, safe in the knowledge I shouldn't have to be a replacement again.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
diddin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Hey woozer, mind going and deleting the drunk thread too? If you say pointless posting is against the law, you should probably have done that a while ago. Thanks

The Drunk Thread actually has a good purpose. Imagine how much drunken spiel would leak into other threads if it didn't exist.

And yeah I'm excited. Hoping for town, being scum in a SHM game is too much work for me on a site with no ISO feature.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion. You could have the sign-up/pre-game thread be seperate from the actual game thread, and delete the thread once the game starts. I've always been frustrated on how the actual game doesn't start until page 10.

Also @Fugitive: please don't change the signup date 24 hours before they start. We lost a couple of players because of this last time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
I have a suggestion. You could have the sign-up/pre-game thread be seperate from the actual game thread, and delete the thread once the game starts. I've always been frustrated on how the actual game doesn't start until page 10.

That requires bothering the SH mods though, and I promise I'll leave a quicklink in the OP to the game start.

ready2rock wrote:
Also @Fugitive: please don't change the signup date 24 hours before they start. We lost a couple of players because of this last time

I won't, promise. The date was originally going to be October 8th, but it was changed based on prior commitments I had. The 15/16th was taken into careful consideration so that changing the original date won't happen again.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've opened a thread in MafiaHero, a different forum, for all pre-game discussion since the mods feel that doesn't belong here. You guys can post and spam puns all you want there until the game starts.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/ScoreHeroMafia/index.php?showtopic=130
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump.
Nice to see that mods pretty much managed to kill all the excitement for this game by killing the pregame.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Bump.
Nice to see that mods pretty much managed to kill all the excitement for this game by killing the pregame.

we were too hard to handle

>_>

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Bump.

They had a point. We were just posting a ton with really crappy puns.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152  Next
Page 1 of 152

Jump to: