ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Quest Mode Multiplier Rivalry - Week 8 stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lunatic Fringe
Much easier than Seven Nation Army.

• There are two self-evident activations. Activate instantly on both.
  • In the long sustain part, there are two RY chords, the second chord being a sustain. This is where the first activation will end, so strum that second one early.
  • Upperbound is 32.457x.

I think my figuring might be off, though, since I just calculated 35.019x for Psychosocial's optimal. I'll keep looking and see if I got anything wrong.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople

Last edited by JosephL on Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The base score isn't exactly the score given by playing whole song at a 1x multiplier (check Yes We Can for instance. The few holds would not add up to xxx90) so unless you know the exact base scores, any predictions for the average multiplier will be off. I got exactly the same multiplier for Psychosocial and 33.xxx for 7NA, so this is my best guess.

BTW, getting that 3rd Y in 7NA is a 106.9 ms double squeeze, which I don't think is possible in this engine.

EDIT : Never read the part where you used Ruby Danger's cutoffs. Hm. Maybe they predict it using the above formula?

Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
The base score isn't exactly the score given by playing whole song at a 1x multiplier (check Yes We Can for instance. The few holds would not add up to xxx90) so unless you know the exact base scores, any predictions for the average multiplier will be off.

Yeah, this is right. But sometimes Joseph's formula works. For example, the Lunatic Fringe upperbound score is pretty accurate. My avg. multiplier is slightly below it, but this is because my second act was a bit sloppy. I think i would get exactly this multiplier if my 2nd act was better.

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I know what I got wrong on Psychosocial. I've been thinking, and I'm pretty sure that what I did was call the x2 section of my math as 450 base points, but it should have been 400. This means that the x36 section is 50 points higher (since I back into the x36 section), and therefore, the optimal score is 1,700 points higher than what I originally had, which would make up the .015x difference.

ThunderShade, I'm reasonably, but not totally sure that ever since GH3, the max squeezes are 111 1/9 ms (1/4 of a beat at 135 BPM), but since you've gotta squeeze already to get to the 2nd one, I would be pretty surprised if anyone were to get the third.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople

Last edited by JosephL on Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
Yeah, this is right. But sometimes Joseph's formula works. For example, the Lunatic Fringe upperbound score is pretty accurate. My avg. multiplier is slightly below it, but this is because my second act was a bit sloppy. I think i would get exactly this multiplier if my 2nd act was better.

All this really says is that the base score is approximately equal to the number of points gained under a constant 1x multiplier, which is true. After re-reading Joseph's formula, I see that he assumes that these two numbers are exactly the same.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
All this really says is that the base score is approximately equal to the number of points gained under a constant 1x multiplier, which is true. After re-reading Joseph's formula, I see that he assumes that these two numbers are exactly the same.

Aren't they? Does this not hold under certain conditions (extended sustains, for example)? If there's a reason why an FC under x1 may not necessarily be the base score, please let me know, because I have been assuming this.

Also, I looked at Yes We Can, and it looks like it just took a straight 12 ticks per half beat. Maybe it's the whole "count chord sustains double" thing? Or are you referring to the idea that the sum of all measures may not necessarily be the base score, because of the possibility of rounding? Hell, it's close enough. ;-)
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I must have seriously messed up the calculations for 7NA; I just redid it (thankfully, I didn't need to path it again), and I got 33.904x as upperbound. Does this jive with your findings, guys?

Also, recalculated Lunatic Fringe and confirmed 32.457x; I originally had 32.464x posted here, but I remembered that I didn't have ticks right at the end of the first activation. I'm just gonna chalk 7NA up to my own error. However, the fact that pathhero's charts for WoR don't count the points for sustains that started on previous measures doesn't help. Also, I'm new to pathing on all-powerful, so it'll take a while for me to get comfortable.

Question: would you rather I not post paths or upperbounds? Is it confusing you guys? It is a pretty effective tool sometimes; I wouldn't have known that I missed optimal on I'm Not Okay (I Promise) on my first try without calculating it. But I don't want to post erroneous information; I've got too much pride in my math abilities for that. ;-)
#TeamOldPeople

Last edited by JosephL on Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
Wow, I must have seriously messed up the calculations for 7NA; I just redid it (thankfully, I didn't need to path it again), and I got 33.904x as upperbound. Does this jive with your findings, guys?

Also, recalculating Lunatic Fringe now.

It's very close. I could probably beat it though, since I see a way to get a few more ticks under SP that you never mentioned. And since it's random for me if RubyDanger's paths load, I'm just going to put the base scores here for reference.

Lunatic Fringe : 38860
Psychosocial : 113684
Seven Nation Army : 42040

EDIT : The base scores aen't always close enough to the score under 1x IMO - If you calculate for I'm Not Okay (I Promise), you get an optimal of 34.886x

JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderShade wrote:
EDIT : The base scores aen't always close enough to the score under 1x IMO - If you calculate for I'm Not Okay (I Promise), you get an optimal of 34.886x

I don't know. I got 34.801x as optimal using the same methods I mentioned earlier. That's why I retried it in the first place: my first FC run was 34.765x.
#TeamOldPeople
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
ThunderShade wrote:

I don't know. I got 34.801x as optimal using the same methods I mentioned earlier. That's why I retried it in the first place: my first FC run was 34.765x.

I must've messed up my first time - I do indeed get 34.801x. I also recalculated Psychosocial and optimal is indeed 35.034x - I now have full faith that the base scores are what you think they are.

Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:

Question: would you rather I not post paths or upperbounds? Is it confusing you guys? It is a pretty effective tool sometimes; I wouldn't have known that I missed optimal on I'm Not Okay (I Promise) on my first try without calculating it. But I don't want to post erroneous information; I've got too much pride in my math abilities for that. ;-)

Nope. I like your paths and they are helping me a lot . At least with me, your paths for both songs worked well, so i think you should keep pathing them if you like to do it.

@Thread
Yesterday i had an idea of creating a webpage for this rivalry, where you can post all your scores automatically. It would be a bit different from what we are playing now (It would work like a Quest Mode leaderboard for all songs in GH:WoR (Not only 3 songs per week)), similar to the ScoreHero scoretracking pages. Did you like the idea? If i get enough positive feedback, i will make it.
PS: If i make this page, it will <probably> have a mini-forum too, where people can discuss about all-powerful pathing.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaffx95 wrote:
If i get enough positive feedback, i will make [the all-powerful scoreboard].

HELL YEAH. Let's do that!
#TeamOldPeople
ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
HELL YEAH. Let's do that!

I second this. =D BTW I'll post an improvement to the 7NA path soon (which gets rid of all the tick squeezes).

Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, i will start programming the page soon
It will take a while, because i'm not too good with design (and i want a beautiful webpage :P), but i won't give up till it's finished

ThunderShade  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven Nation Army (Better path)

The main difference is at the start. There are three ways (of varying difficulty) to do this step. You want to leave with a combo 1 smaller than you would if you were going to FC.
1 - Miss the 2nd note. The easiest way. Thanks to Casey your streak of 1 will survive. You won't get optimal, but you most likely won't anyways.
2 - Hit the 1st note early. Do a quick gallop in the middle of the first note's hold part (near the 2nd note) and then hit the 2nd note. You can get optimal multiplier with this (you can lose 9 ticks here and still get it) but if for whatever reason you care about the actual score, read on.
3 - Hit the 1st note early. Do two overstrums in the hold part near the end to kill your shields, then right after the end of the hold hit orange, strum (breaking your combo), and then quickly hit the 2nd note.
You'll know you've succeeded if the first note at 3x is the yellow note. The first act is more-or-less the same. I would recommend that you do not whammy the first phrase, and just focus on activating immediately, since you'll still overlap the next phrase anyways. Now during the first set of chords, hit the seventh RB early so you keep the activation going. Nothing else changes until the last SP in this activation (same as Joseph's path). This time, hit the 3rd red note as late as possible. Then, later on there is a Y hold you must hit a bit early (the one after the B note mentioned in Joseph's path). Now at the end you can get all three yellows and the orange under SP without much difficulty, instead of just two of the yellows.
The 2nd act is the same, but you must hit the 5th GR chord (including the one that is the last note of the SP phrase) very late. Now, hit the 3rd red hold after the long orange hold very very early, so it ends early. For optimal, you have to hit the next green also very early so all of its ticks are under SP, but not losing any of the R hold's ticks (this is why optimal is so hard). The last act is the same as Joseph's path. Take my advice from the first act as it still applies here.
Optimal is 33.976x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: