ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
5DLC - FC Breakdown Project - Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelin' Band
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q30
Travelin' Band
WINNER

Current question:

Adjustment Q31: Girls, Girls, Girls vs. Love Holds It Down: which of these songs is EASIER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Current vote:

Adjustment Q31
Love Holds It Down
1) JosephL (I don't know how this song got this high up)
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Holds It Down
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Holds It Down
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Holds It Down...

Though I don't agree with your statement JosephL; in fact I have privately thought for awhile that this might be the song that ends Girls, Girls, Girls's run. I'm surprised that this doesn't seem to be the case. Love Holds It Down does have a fairly hard solo and the riffs can be annoying (more so than Girls, Girls, Girls at least). However, the solo isn't quite as hard as the hardest part of Girls, Girls, Girls and the riffs aren't exactly brutal, so I'm still going with Love Holds It Down as easier...but I think it's very close at this point, and Love Holds It Down definitely deserves its spot above Travelin' Band, Sweet Leaf, etc. IMO (I know you're deleting each song that gets beat, but I have a saved copy of the breakdown on my computer on which I kept all of those easier songs on there...I just update Girls, Girls, Girls's rank on it every so often). It shouldn't take too many more rounds to end this thread.

My big question is how Girls, Girls, Girls ended up so low in the first place...before we did this it was below songs that are clearly way easier than it. I can only assume that people watched the first minute of the video and judged the whole song on that...there's just no way anybody could have seen that end solo and thought "yeah, I think Gimme Three Steps is harder than that." Either that or people were just really lazy in the grouping phase. Admittedly I hardly ever even participate in that phase (because it takes too long to evaluate that many songs at once for me--I would force myself to re-play every song that I wasn't very familiar with) so I can't complain too much about the results of it.

It makes me wonder though, if there are any other songs hiding out in the "didn't make it" pool that would, upon examination, clearly deserve to be in...I know it's not worth the effort to look into it, but I wonder. I seriously doubt that there are any harder than Girls, Girls, Girls, but I bet there are a few that could have/should have beaten the likes of Munich, Gimme Three Steps, and Rag Doll.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q31
Love Holds It Down
WINNER

Current question:

Adjustment Q32: Girls, Girls, Girls vs. Symphony of Destruction: which of these songs is EASIER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Current vote:

Adjustment Q32
Girls, Girls, Girls
1) JosephL (absolutely no question here for me)
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
nunovanhalen023  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls, Girls, Girls
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony of Destruction

I actually believe that Symphony of Destruction has the harder individual section here, but only by a little bit...this isn't exactly GH1 here. Symphony's solo is easier overall than I remember; with working HOPOs it's pretty much just coasters until the last phrase, which is the problematic part. This of course means that if you hit that last part, even just by random luck, you probably FC the song on that run.

I would be ok with either song here, but I think Girls, Girls, Girls is slightly harder because there's more places to miss.

greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with BobDole. I would have a more annoying time not missing one of the trills in GGG than hitting SOD's solo. SOD is easier.
karkid26  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls, Girls, Girls is easier in my opinion. Not by much, though :/
367/660 XGuitar FCs
YouTube account

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: karkid26
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q32
Girls, Girls, Girls
1) JosephL
2) nunovanhalen023
3) karkid26

Symphony of Destruction
1) BobDole
2) greenbaymackey

Keep these votes coming!
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clock's on. Is the adjustment period finally over?
#TeamOldPeople
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphony's easier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q32
Girls, Girls, Girls
1) JosephL
2) nunovanhalen023
3) karkid26

Symphony of Destruction
1) BobDole
2) greenbaymackey
3) disturbedfreak

DAMMIT.
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP.
#TeamOldPeople
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: