Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wreck-It Ralph
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I KNEW I recognized the movie title from somewhere (back probably a half year or so when I was doing my 'watch every disney movie challenge', I checked the movie wiki page often), but I couldn't place it.

I checked this thread yesterday, and clicked the link and just thought it was "another John C. Riley movie" and closed the tab (I have a very short attention span or terrible reading/hearing skills apparently). Then today my friend was watching the trailer and I was like OH RIGHT IT'S A DISNEY MOVIE, and I quickly became more interested (See most of my recent avatars)

As Hailz said, the real video game characters will probably have a similar role to Barbie and Ken in Toy Story 2/3: Used for references and jokes that many people would get, while not playing any pivotal role (well, sort of in 3).

But yeah, this trailer does give a very Monsters Inc.ish feel to it, which is good as it's one of my favorite pixar movies. Here's hoping for the best!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, they had me at video games and Talking Heads in the trailer.

Then, actual characters. This looks like it's going to be amazing.

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it could have potential mainly due to the fact that it isn't following a video game storyline (which is the problem most video game movies have, trying to translate from one medium to the other and keep the story coherent/understandable to someone on the outside).

With that being said, I would adore if someone did an actual adaptation of the Witcher series, not the horrific thing that came out in Poland 10 years ago, that's one of the few Video games (though it was originally a book series) I could see being turned into a movie.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
newmandn311  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting Eggman to say Pingas as soon as you see him.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new trailer.

Looking good so far, though there's not a lot of new things to this trailer other than seeing Sonic up close and a couple jokes.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got high hopes for this one! When I first heard the concept, I thought that they could really easily screw this up bad, but the more I see, the more it looks like it's going to be a really good one.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching this opening day. There's even a cameo of the (root) beer server from (root beer) Tapper. I'm quite excited
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is anyone else going to see this today/this weekend?

I just bought our tickets for the near-sold-out Alamo showing. The Drafthouse has great policies for young kids in movies and for talking and texting (none whatsoever, and no kids under 6 allowed with anybody under 18 needing a parent to watch any movie). Lack of children in the theater for a movie like this means lots of adults and geeky college kids. Looking forward to the themed food and B-roll before the movie!

The movie has 84% on Rotten Tomatoes currently, so that's a great sign. I've needed my animated Disney movie fix ever since Brave was a disappointment (for me). Hopefully this ends up being a good one!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited to see this movie that I'm going to brave going into a kids movie solo as a 28-year-old guy. I could wear a long trenchcoat and sunglasses for maximum creep factor, but... no. It looks awesome.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adorable movie, lots of big laughs and jokes for the adults and older gamers, but still great for kids all around. Highly recommend it!

Definitely one of the top non-Pixar animated films out there next to Tangled and Despicable Me. I sort of hope this could be a comeback for arcades or a revival of the 8 or 16-bit style of games. Or at least encourage some interest in the classics from kids. The best part about watching the movie was listening to the parents explain to their kids during the B-roll what Pong and Pac-Man and Atari were. I love that the next generation gets to discover these things in a new way.

To be honest as much as I liked the original Toy Story when it came out, this movie resonated a lot more with me since I grew up with games more than I did with toys. So hats off to Disney for a delightful film.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Klaww  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a pretty great movie. I'd recommend it to really anyway. I mean, it still is Disney so there's a touch of heartfelt stuff in it, but the rest of it is more abundant and so worth it. I was surprised that there was even a Metal Gear reference in there.
Also Skrillex is in it. Just for like a few seconds, he's the DJ at Felix's party. He also made the song during Hero's Duty. was pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrillex in it, and compared to Tangled. Sweet jesus I should avoid this movie like the plague! =P

In all seriousness though, how over the top cutesy is it? As it's definitely garnered my attention, but I'm rather dubious of Disney films currently after the tremendous disappointment that was Tangled, which just had too many "oh look how adorable we are" gags that were mostly came off as annoying to me personally, and I'd just rather know in advance is if this is in the same vein as I have a tremendously long list of movies to see now haha.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Skrillex in it, and compared to Tangled. Sweet jesus I should avoid this movie like the plague! =P

In all seriousness though, how over the top cutesy is it? As it's definitely garnered my attention, but I'm rather dubious of Disney films currently after the tremendous disappointment that was Tangled, which just had too many "oh look how adorable we are" gags that were mostly came off as annoying to me personally, and I'd just rather know in advance is if this is in the same vein as I have a tremendously long list of movies to see now haha.

Over the top cutesy? Well, obviously the end, cause its a kids movie. And a pretty big scene near the climax. But not too much. Only like 2 or 3 scenes worth, maybe 15 minutes tops.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you define cutesy. If you mean romantic/touching parts, the only romance is just a big joke, and the cute stuff is just plot related (you know, the whole "Be yourself" plot line, a cute little girl character, etc). The first half of the movie is almost completely game gags, and the second half is all plot in a very girly setting. So be warned if candyland jokes threaten your masculinity

I liked Tangled because it wasn't what I expected. But this movie is completely different from Tangled. I meant it more as a "Disney doesn't need Pixar to do a good 3D animated film" general statement.

The movie is much more like Despicable Me meets Toy Story.

Haha, and the Skrillex thing made me laugh when I noticed it. But it's literally half a second long and the song during the Hero's Duty scene fits quite well

1KJ08mq.jpg
Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Haha, and the Skrillex thing made me laugh when I noticed it. But it's literally half a second long and the song during the Hero's Duty scene fits quite well

Yeah, the song really fits. Even my girlfriend who despises dubstep agreed. Its like arcade music with a couple'o'wubs.
In any case, I would highly recommend it. Even if you have a problem with the cutesy stuff, It is worth it for all the game gags and humor. Like..to say how much I loved it, ive only bought like 3 or 4 movies full price for myself, and im going to day one buy this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: