ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Anti-Rant Thread, AKA the Feel-Good Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only learned this recently but apparently cleaning your ears is like the one thing you're not supposed to do with Q-Tips. I always thought thats what they were made for but nope, it actually pushes wax in further and is bad for you. But it feels too good to not do it.

As for my own anti-rant, this Friday I get to go see Broadway musical of the Lion King. I saw it before back in high school but this time I get to take my husband (it's his all-time favorite musical soundtrack, but he has never actually been). Can't wait to see how blown away he is by it, because it's awesome.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
Job interview went fairly well. Things may happen :O

Congratulations on things!
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I only learned this recently but apparently cleaning your ears is like the one thing you're not supposed to do with Q-Tips. I always thought thats what they were made for but nope, it actually pushes wax in further and is bad for you. But it feels too good to not do it.

Pro-tip: Do it anyway, and if your hearing starts to get poor, pour some hydrogen peroxide in your ears. That should melt the wax away.
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Pro-tip: Do it anyway, and if your hearing starts to get poor, pour some hydrogen peroxide in your ears. That should melt the wax away.

Q-tips are only bad if you are sticking it into the ear canal, which I don't. I use a Q-tip to clean right at the entry way. I assumed I would have build up in the canal since I had never cleaned or flushed my ears before. I used hydrogen peroxide and I just didn't haven't anything in there. lol
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydrogen peroxide is probably not the best thing to be putting into your ears... try getting them professionally cleaned or pour olive oil in them (inb4inv4der cries)

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Hydrogen peroxide is probably not the best thing to be putting into your ears... try getting them professionally cleaned or pour olive oil in them (inb4inv4der cries)

Actually, it's recommended to use for your ears. It doesn't damaged anything as long as you clean it out with distilled/warm water. It breaks ear wax down super quickly and helps release it. It's actually used in hospitals for this reason. If you have a busted or damaged eardrum, then I wouldn't recommend it because it the pain that follows is excruciating (I know because this happened once when I thought I just had swimmers ear, turned out it was a busted ear drum).

If you are worried because you have sensitive ears, I would definitely see a doctor first before sticking or pouring anything into the ear canal.
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are looking up right now. I've been offered a traveling salary position with my company. I have to be on the road for 6 weeks at a time, but that's ok. I'm pretty much the perfect candidate for that since I don't have anything tying me down back here at home (no wife, gf, kids, etc). I do have a dog, but my mom doesn't mind sticking him in the backyard with her bassets.

This isn't my ideal job, but I'm going to take it since I get paid to travel and my job will be paying for EVERYTHING while I'm gone. Nothing like all the money you make go straight to your pocket. Maybe now I can finally catch up on my bills LOL

So, yeah, anyways, I'm pretty happy about this right now!
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one with no rants lately??? lol

Anyways, I've had a lump in my right breast since December 10th. I assumed it was just a swollen gland and would just go away. I use to get them when I was younger, and the doctor said they dissolve themselves, and they did. But I haven't had one in probably 10-15 years, so I just assumed that's what it was. Well, starting out last week, it was still there and was VERY sensitive and sore. To the point of waking me up at night if I rolled over on my chest. On top of that, I started worrying that it was something bad and couldn't sleep well at night. Finally decided to go get it checked out this past Sunday. Turns out, it's an infected cyst! HUGE sigh of relief. They gave me some antibiotics to help break it down faster. It's working too. Not nearly as sore and already some of the swelling has gone down.

So I'm pretty psyched it wasn't something worse. I shouldn't have waited so long, but when you don't have insurance (I opted out, but not on purpose ) then going to the doctors can be very expensive. Just really happy it's a cyst that can be fixed with a handful of pills
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting myself on the "OK, I'm rested and refreshed - time to find myself gainful employment again!" bandwagon. And so far, it's been pretty good times. My old high school friend's company's VP of Engineering wants to chit-chat with me about my last decade of work history! Amazon.com thinks I might be a reasonable fit for one of their departments, in either a development or lead-tester sort of role! And there are a smattering of local tiny companies who are quietly pinging about maybe needing a dude like me - less concrete income, but more potential should the firm actually blossom into a tech behemoth someday.

It's also sort of dawned on me that dude, as inglorious as the role might be, I was made to be a tech manager of some stripe. Techie enough to talk shop with developers; eloquent enough to liaison, seek inter-departmental consensus, engage in horse-trading, and otherwise knock boots with teams elsewhere! I know that's the sort of thing that so many engineers hate, but I appear to actively enjoy engaging in those sorts of things. I don't know why the thought never occurred to me before - I did minor in "Engineering Management" in college - but man, there's got to be some company out there who can turn me loose and just let me light their world on fire with my abilities.

No actual offers on the table just yet, but there are a lot of irons in fires out there for me. Let's all think good thoughts that I can return to the world of the gainfully employed in a role that makes me happy to clock in every morning, yes?

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is good
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankieB!

Your post combined with your avatar is a winning combination. Life is good indeed

Also: Congrats youhas! I only wish I had that many job prospects right now.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the job hunt youhas!

So I filed my taxes today. I've been dreading having to do it for the past couple of months simply because I pay in every year. Cash is short right now (thanks to Christmas) so paying out was NOT in my best interest. Turns out, that not only do I not have to pay in to the IRS this year, but I get the biggest refund I've ever received! So I'm pretty freakin' stoked right now! Plus today is the Super Bowl, so double whammy! w00t!
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: