Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Breaking Bad- Midseason Finale Tonight!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Breaking Bad- Midseason Finale Tonight! Reply with quote

With the premiere of the final season of arguably the best show on TV tonight ( it's running an unheard of 98/100 on Metacritic right now ), it's high time that ScoreHero had a good and proper Breaking Bad thread. If you'd like to see what all of the fuss is about, watch this scene. It's a quick three-minute snapshot from an early season, but it quickly establishes the show's use of silence, shot selection, and general atmosphere to convey far more during any given scene than the written word does. If you like that, the first four seasons are streaming on Netflix, and the first is all of seven episodes.

So, with that being said, a couple of things to start things off:

1) Yes, the show is in its last-ish season (8 episodes this year, 8 episodes next), and it's thus a little late to be making a thread, but considering the way that the show seems to double its audience every year and make each season better than the last is simply insane.

2) SPOILER WARNINGS are a given. I'd suggest not reading beyond the above if you're not caught up yet.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pumped. I don't want it to end, but at the same time I feel like it should soon, because obviously dragging something on longer than it should be is always a bad idea. But hopefully the series will end with lots of closure and just an overall good feel. And if it shows Walt's death, I'm gonna be on the verge of tears.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even want to make predictions. Everything that the show has done the past two years* has been better than just about anything that I could come up with, so bring it on!

*I still don't like the deux ex machina of the plane crash in season two, but everything else has been gold.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im personally a bigger fan of the "I am the one who knocks" scene, but that could be construed as spoilers.

The premiere was fantastic as always and I can't wait to see what leads to the flash forward at the beginning of the episode. Im guessing everybody who matters has found out what Walt has done and he is now living on the lamb. Ive read from the Comic-Con panel that the end of these first 8 episodes will leave a huge cliffhanger, im guessing Hank finds out or Jessie finds out what Walt did to the kid. These two months are going to be over far too fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently going through season 4, coincidentally the episode I just watched had the "I am the one who knocks" scene in it. There are plenty of awesome quotes from this show that I just love. I honestly have no clue where season 4 is going, and from the response I've heard, the premier of season 5 blew it away completely, so I'm pumped for that.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was some pretty shameless product placement in the beginning of that episode. Denny's and Valero sure got their money's worth.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I normally like the way that the show uses product placement- Hank holding up the Vaio as Marie is putting the bedpan underneath him, Walt blowing up the Challenger (Charger? Can't remember), etc.- but Denny's and Valero had their names prominently featured in almost every shot at the beginning of the episode. It distracted from what was otherwise one of the best cold opens that the show has ever had.

Seriously, Walt with an M60? Shit's about to get real.

Also, re: Buttfaceninja- yeah, that was the first scene that came to mind (Skyler gives a five-second summary of the series midway), but I swapped it because, like you said, it was a little too spoiler-heavy. Amazing scene, though. I go with the one that I posted, that one, "Run", Walt reading an address, Mike shaking down the Asian dealers, Mike's "whole measure" speech, Hank's showdown in the SUV... you know what, I could keep going.

~Kyle~

fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Mike is a badass, but man is that decision to let Lydia live going to come back to haunt him.

~Kyle~

Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of refuse to read anything in this thread right now due to possible spoilers. I've been wanting to watch Season 4 for a while now and FINALLY found a good website to watch them in good quality:

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/breaking_bad/season_4.html

(they also have TONS of other tv shows plus they air the new episodes of Season 5)

Anyways, I'm on like episode 7 or 8 right now. My brother got me hooked on this. I wasn't too sure about it. I mean, a science teacher who gets cancer and cooks meth. What is there to watch about that? Boy, I've was in for a ride. I've been trying to convince my other friends to watch it too but they won't give it the time of day
phlaschemilque  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/emmys/la-et-st-emmy-nominations-2012-list-20120718,0,521498.htmlstory

Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Giancarlo Esposito, Anna Gunn, Vince Gilligan, and Mark Margolis are all up for emmys, as is Breaking Bad for top Drama series.

It's sad how many people are unaware of this show...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

That was ingenious. One of the things that I love about the show is that almost everything in the frame and every beat has some significance. For instance, I thought that it was a little far-fetched to believe that Mike could know that he was being set up and then sneak up behind Chow's killer so quickly, but there's a subtle moment in the interrogation with Hank in which the latter reveals that Mike's is "one of 12," and you see Mike pause for a second as he realizes that Lydia is trying to kill him too. The use of that toy (and especially the way the subsequent meeting was framed as you realized that you were looking through Chow's head) was just icing on the cake.

Someone also pointed out to me that Walt wasn't wearing his wedding ring in the flash-forward last week- does anybody think that Skyler is in witness protection? That Walt had to kill her? That taking it off is part of his identity swap?

~Kyle~

JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just about lost my shit at "Cajun Kick-Ass." I could watch that guy describe condiments all day long.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished Season 4. Wow. Fantastic ending. The last two episodes were so amazing. The emotion and dedication these actors put into their roles is absolutely phenomenal. It's no wonder they were nominated for awards and such.

Season 4 Spoiler wrote:
Have to say that at the end of the last episode, when Gus walked out of the explosion, I literally said "No freakin' way. You just can't kill the man." I was so mad. Until they showed the other side of his face. lol Even then, he fixed his tie and I thought he would walk out like that and go to the hospital or something. So glad to see he did not survive that.

Tomorrow I'll probably start on Season 5 and finally catch up to everyone else
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Walt would kill Skyler. Sure he's approaching insanity with each new episode, and he's becoming very power hungry and corrupt, but he still loves Skyler with all his heart. She's the reason he is what he is today (I'm sure he also wanted to support his whole family, but you know what I mean.) He might even have a different kind of "love" for her (SPOILER the whole rape in bed at the end of S5E2 [?]), but he still cares about her and would not want to blatantly harm her. I want to say that the SPOILER rape was for some reason justified in his head, maybe because she never said no, fought back, etc., so he thought she was into it? I don't know, they didn't delve far enough into it. But I honestly believe (at this point), Walt wouldn't kill Skyler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: