ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WoR DLC - FC Breakdown Project - Finished
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds solid.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so we shall.

Current question:

Adjustment Q1: please rank the following songs in ascending order (easiest to hardest) of ability needed to FC them on Expert Guitar:
All I Want
Black Hole Sun
Hands All Over
Na Na Na
Resistance
We've Got a Situation Here

My placement:

Na Na Na (scales, but slideable)
Hands All Over (arrhythmic, but countable, strumming)
Black Hole Sun (weird strumming parts in later parts of solo, but I think that, for me at least, those parts are downstrummable)
We've Got a Situation Here (two annoying parts, the second one being the worse, and you can't zone out on the stuff between the two)
All I Want (two annoying strumming sections. They both look arrhythmic)
Resistance (DAT SPEED PICKING)
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na Na Na
Black Hole Sun
We've Got A Situation Here
Resistance
Hands All Over
All I Want

I'm just going to go with this...I honestly don't have that much trouble with strumming in WoR (never understood the "broken" claims) and I just can't see Resistance being harder than the two arrhythmic songs. The hardest part for me is placing Black Hole Sun...I could agree with it one of three different spots relative to my ordering, so I took the average of them.

Quote:
All I Want (two annoying strumming sections. They both look arrhythmic)

They are...it's awful. Best I could tell with a few minutes in practice mode they're somewhere between 16ths and 16th triplets, but not quite quintuplets...it's absolutely infuriating, especially considering how fucking long it lasts.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting update (such as it is):

02 Na Na Na
05 Black Hole Sun
07 We've Got A Situation Here
07 Hands All Over
10 Resistance
11 All I Want

Let's get some more votes in here, y'all!
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
briland  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na Na Na
Black Hole Sun
Hands All Over
All I Want
Resistance
BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I made a little custom of the Resistance strumming (from the strumming itself up to the first GRB chord after to get the transition in there) and now I can back up my hunch about this section...that being that it's really not that hard...I was able to hit it relatively easily both with all of it on the same note (to avoid hammer-ons and guarantee that the speed is fully correct) and with the fret changes charted accurately (automatic hammer-ons on every fret change...which could theoretically give some leeway if you're a bit slow but realistically just causes annoying hammer-on overstrums sometimes). Sure it's fast, but it's only 24 notes and the fretwork is as basic as it can get. The rest of the song is easy enough to be irrelevant (per watching the video of it). I'll admit that Resistance clearly has the highest skill "ceiling" of the group necessary to FC, but I think that most people would have a much harder time learning long and highly random/nonsensical strumming than they would strumming really fast for barely over a second. Maybe most of you disagree with me but that's how I feel about it. I strongly believe that it is easier than the arrhythmic songs and I really hope that at the very least, All I Want beats it.

Obviously what I did isn't quite a perfect recreation of it, but I think it's good enough for me to accurately assess the difficulty of Resistance. It seems to me that it's basically Assassin without the whole "rest of the song is super annoying" thing.

Oh yeah, if any fellow PS3ers (or Wiiers for that matter) want to replicate what I did, here's the relevant info to make it as simple as possible:

--18 NPS on the fast part*
--135 BPM
--fast notes are 32nds in four groups of 6
---slower notes immediately after fast notes are 16ths (4 greens)
----leads into a GRB chord; not really necessary to chart anything past that

*As per WhYYZ; the other info is derived from this figure and the validity of what I did relies upon it being correct. I'm also assuming that there's no significant tempo changes, which seems like a fair assumption since the whole hard part is only one measure long.

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na Na Na
Black Hole Sun
Hands All Over
All I Want
Resistance

There's one problem with recreating charts on GHtunes. The engine actually changes making it easier to strum/harder to strum ho-po's.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's one problem with recreating charts on GHtunes. The engine actually changes making it easier to strum/harder to strum ho-po's.

I always thought that the Neversoft customs felt kinda weird...now I guess I know why. And now that I think of it, that Resistance custom I made seemed to give me a strange amount of leeway on the "all-one-note" version (which I was able to hit pretty much every time, though I knew the actual thing would have to be at least a little bit harder than that). That's really weird that the engine literally changes for customs...regardless, I'm sticking with my list for two reasons:

1) I still believe that I would be able to FC Resistance much more easily than Hands All Over/All I Want (neither of which I have done or am likely to ever do) if I could play it

and

2) the placements are more than likely still going to end up in the order that everybody else seems to want anyway; I'm ok with that order but I can't completely agree with it, thus me not changing my vote.

JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting update:

04 Na Na Na
09 Black Hole Sun
13 We've Got A Situation Here
15 Hands All Over
21 All I Want
22 Resistance

Clock's on for this one. Get your votes in!
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting update:

04 Na Na Na
09 Black Hole Sun
13 We've Got A Situation Here
15 Hands All Over
21 All I Want
22 Resistance

Current questions:

Adjustment Q2: Watch This vs. Na Na Na: which of these is EASIER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Adjustment Q3: Resistance vs. Get Your Gunn: which of these is HARDER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Current votes:

Adjustment Q2
Watch This
1) JosephL

-----------
Adjustment Q3
Get Your Gunn
1) JosephL
#TeamOldPeople
BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2: Na Na Na

Watch This has that Jordan-lite section and one other really tricky solo part later; on the other hand every time I look at Na Na Na it looks easier. The strum when it goes from descending to ascending would be annoying (as would sliding the shit), but other than that it seems pretty easy.

3: Get Your Gunn

Definitely Get Your Gunn; its trilly solo is just way more complicated than Resistance's strumming. It's also slightly faster, but I don't think that matters too much (they're within 0.5 NPS of each other and besides its strumming vs. fretting; in other words apples and oranges).

JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current questions:

Adjustment Q2: Watch This vs. Na Na Na: which of these is EASIER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Adjustment Q3: Resistance vs. Get Your Gunn: which of these is HARDER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Current votes:

Adjustment Q2
Na Na Na
1) BobDole
2) JosephL (upon further review, I'm on drugs)

-----------
Adjustment Q3
Get Your Gunn
1) JosephL
2) BobDole

Let's keep those votes coming!
#TeamOldPeople
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na x3
GYG
JosephL  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q2
Na Na Na
1) BobDole
2) JosephL
3) The-B.O.D.

-----------
Adjustment Q3
Get Your Gunn
1) JosephL
2) BobDole
3) The-B.O.D.

Clock's on for both of these. Get your votes in now!
#TeamOldPeople
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjustment Q2
Na Na Na
WINNER

-----------
Adjustment Q3
Get Your Gunn
WINNER

Current question:

Adjustment Q4: Blooddrunk vs. Na Na Na: which of these is EASIER to FC on Expert Guitar?

Current vote:

Adjustment Q4
Na Na Na
1) JosephL (easier than Blooddrunk? Possibly, but certainly not easier than We're All Gonna Die)
#TeamOldPeople
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: