ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
This chord change is giving me trouble (GY-RB-YO)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: This chord change is giving me trouble (GY-RB-YO) Reply with quote

Does anyone have tips for getting consistent at chord switches? I am having trouble with those. This is why I can't FC Mr.Fix-It or 5* CotC and Master Exploder in Rock Band 2, and I think I should have those by now. I've tried 13-13-24 and 13-24-24 and I'm not consistent either way.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
briland  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried 13-13-13 or 24-24-24. I use 13-13-13 myself and have no trouble with those chords.
OcosnTyrantis  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My method:

Have you fingers in this position
1 - G
2 - Y
3 - B
4 - O

And slide 1 up from G to R.

Try that.
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chord change where you have none of the same fingers can be awkward. or , so you want to try to keep at least one finger the same for each transition. Personally, I'd do this:

But it may be better to do 13 13 13. The tough part is going to be getting back to second position after the , but that's easier than trying to do 13 24 constantly, in my opinion.
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some cases, you might have to go from third to first position. I can't switch two positions at once.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
eddaket  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueTornado wrote:
In some cases, you might have to go from third to first position. I can't switch two positions at once.

Ah yeah. I just looked at the Mr. Fix It chart and it goes something like

1 1 2 2 1
3 3 4 4 2

Would be my suggestion. The initial may give you trouble since you go from 13 to 24 though. This next suggestion is literally off the top of my head. I've never done this and I'm not near a guitar to try it, so it could be incredibly awkward and I just don't know it.

1 1 2 2 1
2 2 4 4 2

That way you are always using one finger from the previous chord. The 12 to 24 with the middle finger slide may be incredibly awkward though, so this could just be a waste of time explaining on my part lol.
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you with 12 people are weird

1 1 2
3 3 4

works for me. If it's fast enough, or repeats over and over (i.e. Before I Forget bridge), then I switch to 13 for everything and just slide up and down. For the part in question, I would play it

1 1 1 2 1
3 3 3 4 3

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
JosephL  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

briland wrote:
I use 13-13-13 myself and have no trouble with those chords.

Same, except for BIF's bridge. Then I'll do this:

1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1
3 3 3 3 3 3 4 3

I've not tried to FC BIF in earnest, because of so many other little slip-ups in the song, but if I did, I'd probably try to hit the quick chords with all 13 and some timing window abuse.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
whamer100  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing this:
1:G
2:R
3:Y
4:O
And Do this pattern:
13, 13^2(shift down by 1 or ), 34, then 13
or: 13 13^2 34 13
Hope this helped!

Sources: I played a song related to this in GH3; Wii
Pattern:
it was hard
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm weird I know
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ArmourTheLlama  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:

I'm weird I know

what are that huh

Also try practicing the chord sequence with an unplugged guitar so you can watch your fingers and make sure you're hitting the right buttons and gradually speed up as you get more comfortable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: