Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fire It Up Reverse Squeeze Hit, Solos Missed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doughboy  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: Fire It Up Reverse Squeeze Hit, Solos Missed Reply with quote

If you're reading this, you know Scorehero is still around in 2020! You might find it surprising, odd, comforting, confounding. "People still play Guitar Hero?" Some people, sometimes. I guess you won't play any game forever, or any games forever, especially not forever like when you were younger, but you'll play them every now and then, more and more infrequently, until you don't play them, forever. "People play the old games over Clone Hero?" You might be better off reading this post at 250% speed. "People still enter scores?" Well, a few people do. You might see some familiar names, some old and even some newer. Bushidox still helps carry the site with his leaderboards, there's even a guy playing and then playing again left-handed to pump up the total user number a little, and for that we should thank him. It's nice to know the site is still alive in some way. Of course, you remember Scorehero.

You remember the more active times, the simpler, and likely better times when you'd never heard a Dragonforce song, the feeling when the games were new and the hype was at its peak, the thought that on-disc FCs could be new, news to you. You remember the debates about which was the real way to FC a list of songs, FCing the songs or FCing the songs but for a couple of them the engine fucks with you more. Your posts you made as an adolescent that you'll be happy to know are still around (I won't look if you don't), that guy who pretended to be his own girlfriend and got banned. Maybe I'm misremembering. I know I remember Moisthero... Maybe, the only time you've checked Scorehero is to check up on the website, to see if it still exists. Maybe you've just clicked an old friend's accomplishment thread, or maybe bumped your own, once or twice in a blue moon. It's even possible, when you came back, you glanced at the scores on the home page, seeing who or what you might recognize. And maybe, by some chance, you've happened upon my scores, and found something... strange. Something lacking. You thought "This isn't right. Something's off, it's missing, I don't believe the incongruency, and why should I believe any of this?" You're not alone, I couldn't believe it either to be honest. But now, I have to be honest.

If you're still reading this, you know I'm still around in 2020. And yeah, I find it confounding. I still play these games from time to time, sometimes with a long time in between. You probably didn't click this thread looking for some awful amateur writing on the good old days of a video game forum. You're probably wondering why this post exists, and why it's in the Accomplishments section. You're probably wondering about my GH1 scores.

And yes, I know what you're thinking. You see some of the scores, and maybe most of them make sense, but do they all sit right with you? No. You know what I should have done, what others have done but I was never able to do. You know it's time for me to come clean, to admit something I did a little while ago that I'm finally willing to post about. Well, you were right. Your suspicions led you to the only conclusion, and knowing that you know what you know, I knew what I had to do. I had to do the right thing, to finally get this off my chest. I had to make this post to tell you, yes, I finally FCed Texas Flood on Hard.

https://imgur.com/a/zk2wcA4
https://imgur.com/a/XXeyCjT

Last edited by Doughboy on Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 am; edited 3 times in total
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that was pretty hilarious and just a tad bit trolly. I definitely enjoyed the stroll down SH/GH memory lane, lol. That being said I appreciate your picture proofs, despite not being submitted with your scores. You've definitely proven to be one of the best E/M squeezers out there, which is certainly an underappreciated art. Looking forward to some heated competition between you and tanner
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
tannernieland11  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: What Year Is It? Reply with quote

Doughboy wrote:
If you're reading this, you know Scorehero is still around in 2020! You might find it surprising, odd, comforting, confounding. "People still play Guitar Hero?" Some people, sometimes. I guess you won't play any game forever, or any games forever, especially not forever like when you were younger, but you'll play them every now and then, more and more infrequently, until you don't play them, forever. "People play the old games over Clone Hero?" You might be better off reading this post at 250% speed. "People still enter scores?" Well, a few people do. You might see some familiar names, some old and even some newer. Bushidox still helps carry the site with his leaderboards, there's even a guy playing and then playing again left-handed to pump up the total user number a little, and for that we should thank him. It's nice to know the site is still alive in some way. Of course, you remember Scorehero.

You remember the more active times, the simpler, and likely better times when you'd never heard a Dragonforce song, the feeling when the games were new and the hype was at its peak, the thought that on-disc FCs could be new, news to you. You remember the debates about which was the real way to FC a list of songs, FCing the songs or FCing the songs but for a couple of them the engine fucks with you more. Your posts you made as an adolescent that you'll be happy to know are still around (I won't look if you don't), that guy who pretended to be his own girlfriend and got banned. Maybe I'm misremembering. I know I remember Moisthero... Maybe, the only time you've checked Scorehero is to check up on the website, to see if it still exists. Maybe you've just clicked an old friend's accomplishment thread, or maybe bumped your own, once or twice in a blue moon. It's even possible, when you came back, you glanced at the scores on the home page, seeing who or what you might recognize. And maybe, by some chance, you've happened upon my scores, and found something... strange. Something lacking. You thought "This isn't right. Something's off, it's missing, I don't believe the incongruency, and why should I believe any of this?" You're not alone, I couldn't believe it either to be honest. But now, I have to be honest.

If you're still reading this, you know I'm still around in 2020. And yeah, I find it confounding. I still play these games from time to time, sometimes with a long time in between. You probably didn't click this thread looking for some awful amateur writing on the good old days of a video game forum. You're probably wondering why this post exists, and why it's in the Accomplishments section. You're probably wondering about my GH1 scores.

And yes, I know what you're thinking. You see some of the scores, and maybe most of them make sense, but do they all sit right with you? No. You know what I should have done, what others have done but I was never able to do. You know it's time for me to come clean, to admit something I did a little while ago that I'm finally willing to post about. Well, you were right. Your suspicions led you to the only conclusion, and knowing that you know what you know, I knew what I had to do. I had to do the right thing, to finally get this off my chest. I had to make this post to tell you, yes, I finally FCed Texas Flood on Hard.

https://imgur.com/a/zk2wcA4
https://imgur.com/a/XXeyCjT

Thank you for posting proof. This actually made my comeback and start squeezing GH1. Last time I squeezed GH1 was back in 2014. A lot of improvement since then.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: tanman21234543
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, it has been basically a decade since I squeezed GH1H so I really appreciate the strength of your scores. why did you decide to squeeze GH1H at this point?

Anyways, pretty funny post as well, and you'd be surprised but there is a small yet very active group here. We are still playing for score, getting new FC's, posting on each others threads, etc. You should stick around.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there's even a guy playing and then playing again left-handed to pump up the total user number a little, and for that we should thank him.

Haven't even read the entire thing, got to this point, and started laughing out loud.

Thanks, doughboy.

EDIT: Now that I've read the whole thing, glad to see you're still around, and nice job on the proofs. From the looks of things, I see Tanner and Llama gearing up to try their hands at squeezing GH1H again (or just Llama? I'm not sure if Tanner's saying he'll do it again or if he already did).

If nothing else, thanks for stopping by. And, in a way, validating those of us still here in keeping this site alive.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the callout! Now that you have satisfied people with picture proof, the squeezing wars can begin in earnest!
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahah that was one funny post ! I had no doubt your scores were real, just questionable without proof especially when talking about old games that were already squeezed to death. wel, apparently not.

this is gonna be interesting now !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for posting the proof.

Especially with GH1, since it is the most coveted game to have top scores in, we have to be skeptical of scores, especially in this day and age. I will admit that I was skeptical, but that's because the burden of proof lies in the hands of those who submit scores, not the community or staff. Also everyone and their mother has a smartphone these days so not having at least picture proof is inexcusable IMO.

I do think there should be a rule change that enforces picture proof for at least 1st place scores. If you are going for a 1st place score you need to accept responsibility for proving scores beforehand. We aren't in the old days where recording/capturing gameplay and scores is prohibitively expensive.

Again, thanks for posting to clear the air.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k3v227 wrote:
Hey thanks for posting the proof.

Especially with GH1, since it is the most coveted game to have top scores in, we have to be skeptical of scores, especially in this day and age. I will admit that I was skeptical, but that's because the burden of proof lies in the hands of those who submit scores, not the community or staff. Also everyone and their mother has a smartphone these days so not having at least picture proof is inexcusable IMO.

I do think there should be a rule change that enforces picture proof for at least 1st place scores. If you are going for a 1st place score you need to accept responsibility for proving scores beforehand. We aren't in the old days where recording/capturing gameplay and scores is prohibitively expensive.

Again, thanks for posting to clear the air.

I would assume this would apply across all games and instruments regardless of how often any such combination is played (Easy Drums, etc.)?

(also, hello, OG user.)

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only apply it to the main series on guitar/bass. not dlc, not vocal, not drum. there's too few scores and players going for 1st on these combo. if something looks off, the report system is in place for good reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
I would only apply it to the main series on guitar/bass. not dlc, not vocal, not drum. there's too few scores and players going for 1st on these combo. if something looks off, the report system is in place for good reasons.

So just make it an option for the other ones should there be some manner of revival in interest beyond just me filling out the score submissions. I suppose that's fine, too, at least for awhile.

Granted, I would never try to fudge my scores like that (and I hope everyone trusts and honors me enough to believe that), as I've burned myself already in that regard at the very start of my time here (for the best it happened so early, too), but still.

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really impressed to see a rivalry of sorts still going on the oldest game in the series. Crazy that there's still all of these points to get.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo sick Even Rats score. Just goes to show how dog shit my score really was lol. If you're gonna go for expert 1st places I'd love to watch on Twitch if you have the ability to do so. I honestly don't care at all about any scores besides expert so I'd love to watch and even share my insights with expert. I have no intention of ever squeezing this game again so if you want to give a go for some 1st places I'd love to help out and watch along. Awesome score again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments, and happy holidays/New Years. I understand just about everyone has a way to get pictures now, so I don't mind getting them as well, even if the OP was a little bit of a salty shaggy dog thing. Hope you guys like the glare from the photo booth app reflecting on the TV.

So I've been playing GH1 more, and mixing up the difficulties (I'm running low on squeezes I can still add on Easy/Medium), and I managed to sneak into first on Even Rats Hard difficulty. I had first on Medium already, so I thought I should maybe try the other difficulties. At the time of this post, I'm first on all of them. The scores are all very beatable, so maybe you can pop the old GH1 in and give it a shot.

A little extra proof for an Expert 1st: Even Nats
Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well goddamn. I held that 1st for nearly 9 fucking years, and there it goes. To be fair, it's not like I utterly destroyed the score to the point that it was unattainable, I'm just kinda sad I lost it after all this time. *shrug* inevitable, though.

Gratz and the all-difficulty sweep, though, Doughboy! I honestly wouldn't mind trying again, except I don't have a CRTV to play on at my apartment, and the closest one is at my grandparents (which I"m not all that quick to hop over there just to play GH1 or any PS2-only game).

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: