ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WoR skips mid song?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: WoR skips mid song? Reply with quote

So first off, I have been having this issue since I first got the game in September. My disk is not scratched, my lag is calibrated, my guitar is fully functional, and I already contacted Activision but they had never heard about anything like this.

So the issue at hand...

I start up the game and play QP+. The song starts on beat and runs smooth like its supposed to. Then it starts acting up. Every 10-20 seconds the note chart skips forward a little bit, nothing noticeable if it only does it once. After it does this a few times, the chart is about 30-40ms ahead of the audio which doesn't skip at all. Pausing is the only way to fix it, so every 30-40 seconds I need to pause to get it back on beat. This is annoying on guitar and bass, but it makes vocals difficult and drums impossible, primarily because drums require you to be right on beat and you can't pause without missing a note.

And that's the gist of the problem. I asked a few friends who have the game if they had any similar issues and none of them did. So I figured it was my disk and called Activision to get a solution or replacement. They had never heard of anything like this happening so the guy told me to try the game on a non-HD TV. It still had the same issue. So the problem is either my disk or my xbox, and I don't think its my xbox.

So does anyone have a similar issue? I can't find anything about it on the internet and Activision failed me so I'm hoping I can get confirmation that it is a disk problem before I ship it off for a two week vacation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had the problem but others had posted about it. Though from what I heard it didn't happen as often as it's happening to you.

Memesis also said something about this glitch being in early developing but thought it would have been fixed by the final release...which is apparently wasn't.

Since it's still under warranty you can force them to replace it. Maybe your disc is more prone to it than others. As I said I haven't experienced it yet so..yeah. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same type of problems, but I run into some when I try to play any setlist containing >20 songs. By the 15th song, it begins to lag every once in a while, making you miss any note that was there, but by the 35th song in my setlist (albeit I restarted quite a few times going for an FC), the game was literally unplayable. I couldn't go 20 seconds without it skipping (and that's not an exaggeration).

Then, the weirdest thing happened. I go back to the setlist selection, and the game freezes for a full 2 minutes. I go back to the menu and it's still laggy. The only solution was to restart the game, but that's definitely something that could use some improvement...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what to tell you except to get a new disk. When I first got the game, it froze every time I got to the setlist or started playing a song in quest mode. After trying to install it, and it constantly crashing at 42%, I took it back and swapped disks, and it's been smooth sailing since. So try installing it, if that doesn't fix it, then get a new disk.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard a lot about this issue, but don't know of a permanent fix (temporary being pausing).
It also appears to be on Xbox 360 primarily, as I have not really heard of PS3ers complain about it, and I have yet to run into it once on Wii with around 40 hours playtime.

Mike65707  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
I have heard a lot about this issue, but don't know of a permanent fix (temporary being pausing).
It also appears to be on Xbox 360 primarily, as I have not really heard of PS3ers complain about it, and I have yet to run into it once on Wii with around 40 hours playtime.

Cabanon said he had it a few times and he's on PS3. But yeah primarily a 360 thing it seems.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Wii user, this lagging issue only usually seems to happen when I'm in 4-player settings online when the other three players are NTSC players (and I'm on PAL). I should know that because I played with Werelord, Irving and his brother once on one of my streams, we did "Sudden Death" together as a traditional band, but because of the godawful lagging issue mentioned above, I failed twice in the intro and had to stop. This doesn't usually happen, I can 5* it on guitar on a good day!!

So I thought I'd bring that up ready for any other Wii users (and probably other console users?) to be on the lookout for something similar; you never know :s

In regards to the situation though, and seeing how it primarily seems to happen on the X360 version of the game more than anything, the only two things I can suggest would be to try it on a different TV, or to wait on a patch if they decide to release one. Otherwise, I hope you'll get it resolved soon :s

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that if you leave the game on for a long time then it starts lagging like crazy! I got home one night and played it and holy shit, I could barely see a single note it was so laggy. Then when I quit out I got this purple screen of death.

Resetting my xbox did the trick tho
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well something is very wrong with my disk. I went to calibrate lag earlier today and when I went to test the settings it started skipping there too. Originally it only skipped like this when it was 4-players or a really fast section in Quest but now even the calibration test skips. I guess my disk is going to take a trip to Activison.

Thanks for the replys. I just wanted to make sure that it was the disk and not just me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

Cabanon said he had it a few times and he's on PS3. But yeah primarily a 360 thing it seems.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105148&highlight=

there goes the thread. and 4 ps3 users are reporting this error. first time i hear it from a 360 users this time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time. I thought it might have been the disk so I sent it in for a replacement disk. Got that in the mail yesterday and I still have the same problem. That rules out the disk, the TV, and my settings.

I have a 360Slim though so I think that may be the problem. Its the 250gig so that shouldn't be the issue and the game is installed. I guess I'll try uninstalling it.

Anyone else using a slim and having this issue?

kire  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happens to me on wii, mostly when it connects/disconnects from wifi and also when it's disconected it does that

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
DESMO56  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:
Update time. I thought it might have been the disk so I sent it in for a replacement disk. Got that in the mail yesterday and I still have the same problem. That rules out the disk, the TV, and my settings.

I have a 360Slim though so I think that may be the problem. Its the 250gig so that shouldn't be the issue and the game is installed. I guess I'll try uninstalling it.

Anyone else using a slim and having this issue?

ME!!!! i had this issue when it was installed on the hard drive, uninstalling it seems to have fixed it...for me at least.
Let's stop trolling now

No
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DESMONDD56
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
happens to me on wii, mostly when it connects/disconnects from wifi and also when it's disconected it does that

Yeah I do get this too, but that seems to make sense and be avoidable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: