ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Slow Ride
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Easy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyfarias  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thank yo0u for this post really helped me
Dustan  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what I am missing, and what you(anyone in my position looking up at the leaders a meager 1-200 points ahead of us) is a fucking crazy ass cowboy boot kick in the balls enter the god damn matrix and squeeze the red pill that that connects nn on the last activation to the red right before the red hold, you know that son of a bitch, that one that laughs at you as it comes into the kill zone, laughing because it knows one of two things is about to happen

A. your ass is about to bitch out, thinking yeah so what if I made this run resulting in the same score... "maybe I got some extra ticks" no pal, you didn't and you'll be mad when the scroll comes any you got the same score again... wtf, you need some balls why not try option B?

B. Damn son! you're brave, your going to try it again, "I know I hit that nn as late as possible because this is my 342nd run at this song and more that 50% of them I have missed late" Guess what, not late enough. all these failures and because your missing the note, you're not even adding ticks resulting in a new personal best, perhaps you need to option A

This is hell, welcome my brethren. In hell, you will be sentenced to an eternity attempting a squeeze that can't be hit, but believing that you can so the manic circle of suffering can perpetuate it self beyond the realms of time and understanding.

I do believe this squeeze is possible, but I'm now leaving it to those who have already done it, who knows what dirty deeds were done dirt cheap to acquire supernatural ability to hit this, all I know is I'm keeping my soul.

On a more serious note(lol... note) is this the difference? If you've hit this, you have my respect, it's a nasty one.

[_] 5* All Career Songs on Med (KoC, Rb, CoD)
[_] Beat Hard Mode (70%)
[_] Easy Squeeze
BrBeAsTx  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: What is a squeeze? Reply with quote

I know it might be a stupid question but what is a squeeze and what are FC's?
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: What is a squeeze? Reply with quote

BrBeAsTx wrote:
I know it might be a stupid question but what is a squeeze and what are FC's?

Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, a squeeze is when you activate your star power after a note passes the fretboard, then you hit the note before it registers as a miss. This allows your star power to end later, and you can even hit a note early, just to squeeze it in before the end of your star power.

FC stands for "Full Combo," which is when you hit all notes without breaking your combo, either by missing a note altogether, or strumming where there isn't one (also known as an overstrum).
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
testaccount123  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I just nailed an 96,231 and i just got this2 days ago i looked over it very hard
im gonna make a REAL account and submit my score
xxrobbiechaosxx  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. he's got optimal path.

But I can't seem to break 97k...

Nice squeezing I guess... :P
lilLeLuenv2  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol with BDOWN's path i got EXACTLY 96000 points, higscore for me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, in the first activation, i've got 100 points more with the 2nd yellow.. the 2nd G need a super-extra-god-whammy?
habbyboy12y  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the optimal path

Slow Ride Optimal Easy path

Text:
2-First Y note
2-Next note
3-Next note
2-Next note

I dont know how to explain squeezes so look at the visual to know where to squeeze
MPChedda  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of wanted to keep this to myself... but I'll share it anyways.

You can get a lot of extra ticks with a modified 2nd activation. If you activate off of the yellow note instead of the green, and then squeeze to the yellow sustain, you can net a lot more ticks. I've actually had 38404 after the end of that yellow sustain before O_o.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just looking at the chart (I haven't tested it yet), and I have an idea: for the second activation, is it possible to activate on the red note and squeeze to the green sustain at the beginning of m51?
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
MPChedda  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
I'm just looking at the chart (I haven't tested it yet), and I have an idea: for the second activation, is it possible to activate on the red note and squeeze to the green sustain at the beginning of m51?

I dunno. If someone wants to give it a try they're more than welcome to, I'm happy with my score right now, but I may try that at some point later. That "may" not be possible, but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPChedda wrote:
I kind of wanted to keep this to myself... but I'll share it anyways.

You can get a lot of extra ticks with a modified 2nd activation. If you activate off of the yellow note instead of the green, and then squeeze to the yellow sustain, you can net a lot more ticks. I've actually had 38404 after the end of that yellow sustain before O_o.

Dammit Chedda, you took my first. Interesting change to the SP path, I gotta try that. Seems like the first squeeze is getting a lot easier as I keep playing the song..

Edit: retaken! 1st all systems! Interesting enough, I came out of the yellow sustain with 38400, so theres obviously some ticks left for me to get. The second tick squeeze was not optimal either, I missed 2 or 3 there too. The weird thing is, in a previous run, I missed the very last red squeeze that Dustan was ranting about. I had epic tick squeezes in that run though, and came out with 97,080.

Edit 2: Wow, I just got a lot more. 97,288. I still have a feeling that there's one or two ticks left, because I came out of the second activation with 38400 again (btw, I have gotten 38404... once... ). And, I also tried the 2nd actiavtion red squeeze to the green sustain, but I couldn't get it. I don't know if it's possible or not, so I'm going to keep trying I guess.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Build a better mouse trap. Reply with quote

I understand why the current Star Power description method is how it is. It's the best thing we've come up with to describe when to use Star Power. So, because previous versions of Guitar Hero have not had a note counter in the bottom left corner, our descriptions look like this:

Slow Ride (Easy)

2 - NN
2 - 5th G
3 - NN
2 - NN

But now that Guitar Hero 3 has a note counter, can someone please tell me why we don't just start saying what notes to use Star Power on. The same information above would now just look like this:

Use Star Power on the following notes:

Granted, using the note counter will only work if you perfect a song (because if you miss a note the counter is reset to zero). But, I don't think any of us are having any trouble perfecting songs... if we did, we probably wouldn't even be on this site. We've perfected the songs, now we're going for points.

I also don't understand why the note numbers from the Note Counter are not on the PNG Note Charts...

A fix for both these issues would be awesome, and if I'm not thinking of something here, please let me know. I welcome your comments.

Thanks, D1MEBAG DARRELL
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: D1MEBAG DARRELL
ecbaseball36  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

96,032 i guess isn't bad for my first time trying to squeeze, but one question what are the ticks you're talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Easy All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: