ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PathHero v2.1!! (Online Pathmaking) *GH:WoR Charts Live!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
codemann8 wrote:
So far, you are. Give me details, what OS/Browser are you using? It sounds like you're using a browser that doesn't support PNG-24 (transparent images).

Windows XP, IE6.

Try it now, let me know if anything changed.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get them to fully load anymore (kind of gets stuck with 1 or 2 items remaining), but the partially loaded blue shading is still solid.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
pman5595  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
Okay, first of all, I can tell you're working really hard on this, so thanks. A couple of questions:

(noob question): once I get to the chart I want, I refresh like you said, then click the "blue" button. How do I actually put it on the path? it doesn't do anything if I just click.

Also, when is mac support being added to the make charts section? I'm tired of stealing my brother's laptop.

Don't click the blue button, that shows what color is the current one...when u click make sure the mouse doesnt move during the click.

I will fix this problem, instead of having to click in the exact spot, it'll just recognize when you first click down.

I'm working on three things at once, so its been seeming like I haven't done anything new...its just none of those three things are done and ready. I'm getting closer to converting the create page, but may be a little bit yet. I'm running into a couple road blocks in doing so, taking awhile to find a detour.

I'm still waiting on RB charts too, for those would want to know.

Okay thanks, I got it to work now. I successfully made a rooftops bass x path on my brother's laptop.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
codemann8  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
I can't get them to fully load anymore (kind of gets stuck with 1 or 2 items remaining), but the partially loaded blue shading is still solid.

This is going to be extremely difficult for me to fix as I don't have IE6 or know anyone else who has it. Try it again to see if anything changed. If not, I'll undo my changes so the page will load fully.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should work for macs now...let me know if there are problems...I don't have the Undo and redo buttons working, so don't screw up.

NO MORE STUPID REFRESH ISSUES!! AND NO MORE MESSED UP PORTIONS OF THE IMAGES ON THE BOTTOM!!

Enjoy!

pman5595  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
Should work for macs now...let me know if there are problems...I don't have the Undo and redo buttons working, so don't screw up.

NO MORE STUPID REFRESH ISSUES!! AND NO MORE MESSED UP PORTIONS OF THE IMAGES ON THE BOTTOM!!

Enjoy!

OMFG YES! Finally! thankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU!!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PhatTrumpet  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:

This is going to be extremely difficult for me to fix as I don't have IE6 or know anyone else who has it. Try it again to see if anything changed. If not, I'll undo my changes so the page will load fully.

Still not loading, but don't worry about me. If I really need to use PathHero I guess I'll just upgrade to IE7.
Bass:      9,226,503 [58 GS, 57 FC]  13,319,824 [83 GS, 83 FC]  22,546,327 [141GS, 140FC]
Drums:    11,105,579 [57 GS, 37 FC]  15,512,780 [76 GS, 36 FC]  26,618,359 [133GS, 73 FC]
Vocals:   11,525,519 [58 GS, 58 FC]  17,302,340 [84 GS, 84 FC]  28,827,859 [142GS, 142FC]
All-Inst: 42,269,027 [231GS, 206FC]  61,262,972 [326GS, 271FC] 103,531,999 [557GS, 477FC]
Rock Band Accomplishments Thread | Guitar Hero Accomplishments Thread
Madmann  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a collaboration between PathHero and SlowHero would be a very complete package for this sort of note / calculation / score optimizations.

I do like this though. Makes me want to get better at pathing just so I can contribute.

Accomplishments: (RB) (GH)
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhatTrumpet wrote:
codemann8 wrote:
PhatTrumpet wrote:

Still not loading, but don't worry about me. If I really need to use PathHero I guess I'll just upgrade to IE7.

It's not just worrying about you but all IE6 and lower users too. This is important for me to make this work across all platforms. I tried searching for how to fix transparency in IE6 and not much useful info came up, but I will look into this further down the road.

weee911  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just entered a path for what i've done guitar hard, should be the first place path. I like the interface but I was using firefox on windows XP and my undo wasn't working.

The interface is pretty user friendly, maybe a calculator would be a nice addition so we can calculate our estimated score with the path right in front of you.

Maybe there can be some sort of drop down menu with # of activation and let's say you select 3 activations it would put up 3 more drop down boxes that you can enter the # of measures spanned by that activation, then it would provide that many boxes for each activation. Add that to the base score and you would have the estimated score. This would be nice because sometimes I tend to enter a measure twice or some other such small error which throws everything off.

Are the things we do to make paths saved as an overlay, or is a new image file generated including the path that we drew?

I ask because the charts are subject to change, and having to redraw a path when a new chart comes out might not be terribly fun, especially when the extended sustain stuff is ironed out. I assume the general layout of the charts won't change so that an overlay would still line up correctly?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weee911 wrote:
Well, I just entered a path for what i've done guitar hard, should be the first place path. I like the interface but I was using firefox on windows XP and my undo wasn't working.

The interface is pretty user friendly, maybe a calculator would be a nice addition so we can calculate our estimated score with the path right in front of you.

Maybe there can be some sort of drop down menu with # of activation and let's say you select 3 activations it would put up 3 more drop down boxes that you can enter the # of measures spanned by that activation, then it would provide that many boxes for each activation. Add that to the base score and you would have the estimated score. This would be nice because sometimes I tend to enter a measure twice or some other such small error which throws everything off.

Are the things we do to make paths saved as an overlay, or is a new image file generated including the path that we drew?

I ask because the charts are subject to change, and having to redraw a path when a new chart comes out might not be terribly fun, especially when the extended sustain stuff is ironed out. I assume the general layout of the charts won't change so that an overlay would still line up correctly?

Everything mentioned here can be answered if you just read this forum.

DSGamer3002  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works perfectly on my mac. Thanks a TON for making this dude!

PS: Those of you who can FC BYOB, go try out my path.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undo/redo working now...in the distant future, I will also allow users to edit/delete their paths after submitting. Now onto RB support, then ratings

HlPPY  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice if you could add RB2 and GH3
codemann8  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HlPPY wrote:
it would be nice if you could add RB2 and GH3

GH3 has optimal paths on slowhero...I realize that some songs are not FC'able to most peoples standards and a 5-star guide/path would be nice, but realistically scorehero has a good system in the forums, they have a separate forum for each song/diff...very efficient to the user...having this on my site wouldn't be very practical and would be a ton of work but little to gain from it...(I would think most people would use slowhero)...GHA maybe, but not a very high demand...I'm looking to get the big stuff done first, lik adding RB and the DS games...and rating system/user system.

as for RB...I'm working on RB as I'm writing this message...I've got RB images converting now, might take a couple hours to process...after that it'll probably be about 2 days until I get them into the database, that will be what takes the most time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 4 of 69

Jump to: