Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
That Guy With The Glasses
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subrick  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: That Guy With The Glasses Reply with quote

I saw an AVGN thread a while back, and now, I've decided to make a topic dedicated to Doug Walker, otherwise known as That Guy With The Glasses. If you haven't seen his site, here it is:

http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/

The main things Doug are known for are 5 Second Movies, Bum Reviews, Ask That Guy With The Glasses, and the Nostalgia Critic. There's also a large repertoire of comedians and reviewers on the site, including SpooneyOne, The Dudette (best known as the Nostalgia Chick), Linkara, and Handsome Tom, formerly of Screwattack. The videos here are hilarious.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Subrick
http://subrick.blip.tv
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subrick/107321395984265?ref=ts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the guy that got his Youtube disabled?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:

Yes. He got it pulled for "copyright infringement", so he made a new site.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: None yet PSN Name: None yet
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subrick wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:

Yes. He got it pulled for "copyright infringement", so he made a new site.

Yeah... he is fucking awesome, and his account getting disabled was bullshit. There are these things called fair use laws and this thing called right to parody that youtube seems to overlook in a lot of these cases. ~.~

I'll be sure to check out the sight because I loved all the 5 second movies, namely the Lord of the Rings ones.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE TGWTG.
I was one of the first NC fans, so I saw *almost* every episode when it was first out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed up REALLY late watching the 5 second movies. Loved the Batman (all movies) one, but ummm... <.< can't say the same for Batman and Robin... actually I'm VERY sorry that I watched that one. Oh lawd, I'm gonna throw up now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lion King in 5 Seconds is absolutely, positively his best 5-second movie by FAR.

I cracked up for two straight minutes, crying like crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
retop56  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother showed me nostalgia critic a while ago and I thought it was dumb, but then he showed me his review of Kazaam (Is that how you spell it?) and it was FUNNY AS HELL! I couldn't stop laughing throughout the review.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite videos are Nostalgia Critic and Bum Reviews. Doug is a genius in terms of making people laugh, and it would be a damn shame if for some reason he left the internet.

linkoftime123  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love That Guy With The Glasses there are so many different parts I can name that I laugh at hystericly at.
OF COURSE

The Ask That Guy With The Glasses Skits are great and the Bum Reviews are Brilliant

I like a lot of the other people the site has as well, I loe(<-watch to get it) Benzaie. Even though I disagree with him sometimes, Spoony is good. ThatDudeInTheSuede is my favorate, besides Doug's stuff, and I can't wait for him to come back to the site.
TheZ116  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy fuck, no posts in over a year.

I love TGWTG.com, and pretty much every reviewer on the site.

Especially Spoony.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sandiegodrummer PSN Name: thez116
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nostalgia Critic can be corny at times, but that's why I love his humor

Also, 5-second movies and Bum Reviews are great, but I haven't really watched anyone else on the site. Out on what am I missing? (yeah that's right grammar win) >.>

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 Qarx

Yeah I got into Nostalgia Critic a few months ago, and I've been watching his vids just about every week since then. I don't really watch anything else on the site though... I was actually subscribed to his youtube for those 5 second videos- haven't seen them in forever now, though.

Anyone know why the last review was taken down? Maybe he explains in this weeks vid, I haven't watched it. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
inb4 Qarx

You rang?

alexhaz64 wrote:

Yeah I got into Nostalgia Critic a few months ago, and I've been watching his vids just about every week since then. I don't really watch anything else on the site though... I was actually subscribed to his youtube for those 5 second videos- haven't seen them in forever now, though.

Anyone know why the last review was taken down? Maybe he explains in this weeks vid, I haven't watched it. :p

The Room was removed by a copyright claim made by John from Theroommovie.com or something. The latest video parodies the situation =P.

I'd recommend watching Linkara, Spoony, Angry Joe, Cinema Snob, and Bad Movie Beatdowns (Film Brain) just to name a few. Also, check out Paw's Let's Plays. They are hilarious .

"Gram, watch out! It's a POISONOUS snake!"

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New nostalgia factors for me: watching Linkara's take on the history of the Power Rangers. Check em out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: