ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour worth it?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamerkim28  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: World Tour worth it? Reply with quote

I'm thinking about picking up World Tour.

I'm wondering if i should because I already have Rock Band 2, Rock Band 1 tracks, over $100 worth of DLC, and instruments (rock band 2 band kit, les paul and explorer)

I've look at the track list. There are a few songs that I know I will like. Unfortunately I know there are a small chunk of songs that are for both games.

Is it worth a purchase?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simply put yes. The free downloads are great plus you get hendrix. and the music studio songs can be fun
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: World Tour worth it? Reply with quote

I'd say if you plan on getting into GHTunes, whether that be via making or just downloading songs, then yes. That gives WT a ridiculous amount of replay value.

If not, then seeing as how you already have so much DLC and stuff for RB2, say pass on WT. Personally, I think RB2 was significantly better that WT.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music studio makes it worth it even though the setlist sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming from a guy that originally thought that GH:WT was shit.

The setlist is actually very good. Lots of hidden gems. Most of the songs are very fun to play. THE MUSIC STUDIO IS THE GREATEST IDEA SINCE SLICED BREAD. The studio is beyond fun to use, and is always a great party idea (assuming you have very small parties like I do).
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving this thread. I'm very glad to see the "hate" for GHWT is kinda dying down.

But like everyone else has said, yeah. You already have drums and a mic, so that makes it even more worth it for obvious reasons.
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He bought World Tour 'cos he thought that a change would do him good.
Play some new songs, get some high scores."

Hollywood Nights: The Hidden Gem that EVERYONE has to play.

It's good if you're a points whore on Guitar.
It's good one of the most unique and challenging bass lines in the game.
Sometimes it can be quite a mouthful on vocals, but not enough to be stupidly challenging.
I haven't got to drums yet, but I bet it'll be awesome.

Plus, it's great to listen to. Honestly, I loved WT from the start, but having gone through the game again, the only song I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed, even on Guitar/Bass was Trapped Under Ice.

But it's a great game. You missed out on the 5 Free DLC Promotion and the free Springsteen songs, but the rest of the free stuff is great fun.

I haven't even attempted the music studio yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a solid game, and you already have the instruments so you can just pick up the standalone game. Some drum songs are kinda screwed on RB kits (Assassin and Crazy Train, specifically - they use a RTTH/Everlong style hihat pattern, but it's on yellow instead of red. yep.) but cymbal expansions can make up for that, and it's pretty minimal.

And echoing that GHTunes is awesome. Lots of people have put up good stuff at this point, so it's becoming worthwhile.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for challenging guitar parts then no, it's not worth it. If you are good at guitar you will find this game boring.

But if you are an average player then maybe guitar will keep you interested. I don't know what you're looking for but if you're looking for great guitar parts, look elsewhere. I got bored with it really quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's enjoyable. It's nothing spectacular, but decent.

Location: The town from the movie in The Haunting in Connecticut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its probably my least favorite GH/RB game besides GHA, but i picked it up used at Gamecrazy for $30, so ya it was worth that price, but idk about the full $60
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
If you're looking for challenging guitar parts then no, it's not worth it. If you are good at guitar you will find this game boring.

But if you are an average player then maybe guitar will keep you interested. I don't know what you're looking for but if you're looking for great guitar parts, look elsewhere. I got bored with it really quickly.

Then I must suck . Because I found this game to be pretty fun. I'm just now re-doing all my scores so the scores I enter don't suck too bad.

But it IS a shame there aren't many hard songs on the game. Only songs I had trouble passing were Sweet Home Alabama (Live), Hot For Teacher, Never Too Late, and Satch Boogie. All of which, I have passed, and I think I could 4-star or 5-star most of them.

Now I should probably go back and try to pass TTFAF already... and Jordan....

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that if you are already so invested in Rock Band 2, that you definitely should not buy GHWT for the full price. I enjoy playing GHWT, but I keep subconsciously comparing it to Rock Band (which it doesn't stack up well against IMO), and ruining the experience. If you can get it cheaper, than dealing with the weaker half of the setlist and the terrible vocals will be much easier.

I know I absolutely loved GH: Aerosmith, but I didn't pay for it at all, I just borrowed it from someone. I probably wouldn't have liked it nearly as much if I had to pay $60 for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, World Tour is one of the best games available to date (nothing beats free stuff ofc.)! It has some epic tracks, some fun riffs, Bass is a riot, if you can ignore the difficulty Vox is pure win, and I haven't played Drums yet but some of the charts look epic (Vicarious for example). DLC's nothing major, but who cares about that when you have the Music Studio and GhTunes? Easily the best damn thing Neversoft has ever done since... ever!

gamerkim28  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augh, the thing I love and hate about ScoreHero is the diverse opinions about games and controller (When I asked about which controller I should get, the discussion just made me more confused)

I guess I won't get it for now. Unless I end up with more money. (There are lots of other non-rhythm games I still want to get).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: