ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
WarlordTm: FURY OF THE STORM FC! GH:WoR FGFC+FG1st, 402/403 FCs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont forget to record it, otherwise it'll end in the "to re-fc on video" section

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, now you know you can get four -1 runs in a single grinding session. Good luck on this ultra dumb song and with ST, FSFC gets closer with every run

Skype wrote:
[4:09:44 PM] Jared Brock: War Ensemble is easy as hell [on drums]
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Two drum updates and some bass stuff:

Space Truckin' Expert Drums "Guitar Solo" 100%

Space%20Truckin%20Guitar%20Solo%20100.jp

My hands felt pretty fast this week, so I took another shot at the roll in ST. It probably took me an hour and countless -1's until I hit the roll. I didn't even know I'd hit it until I saw the stats; my streak broke halfway through the roll, probably because my blue pad overhit. I won't count it as a tech. FC for that reason, but at least I now know that I can FC this song when I replace my kit yet again. FSFC is on!

Scatterbrain Expert Drums -1

Scatterbrain%20-1.jpg

I always wanted to get a GH5 on-disk FGFC, but I could never really motivate myself to learn to deal with the broken bass madness. slashno's progress on this song inspired me to finally try this song today and I managed to get a -1 after a couple of hours of playing the song. That run was plagued by overhits, though (about 7 or 8 in total), so I probably won't go for the FC until I get a new kit, which means I'll be spending some more time working on my Bass FC count, which is currently at 169. My goal is to get as close to the FSFC as possible, so that'll keep me busy for a while
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
slashn0  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait for you to get bass FSFC in addition to drums FSFC, lol

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
xXGhostTypeXx  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're getting this done, freaking epic
bushidox  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on making my Expert Bass board! How goes the progress on the drums front? Space Truckin' is one hell of a drum FC, if you can get it, I don't see that there is any song you cannot get on plastic drums. Curious to see an update from you. Keep up the great work on bass.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC pls <.>
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
arvain  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Isn't it your birthday today ? Or was it yesterday... nah I'm gonna go with today. Happy birthday ^^

Oh and... stop trying to play on gh5 Xdrums, you're hurting yourself, especially with your... drumkit for lack of a better name x) Stay busy with bass instead.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

It's been over 2 months since my last update, mostly because nothing really out of the ordinary happened for me, but today marks my third FGFC of the year and this warrants an update I think. Yes, Space Truckin' finally went down! ...who am I kidding; you've read the subject title

Getting the GH:VH FGFC was the logical first milestone since I started working on my Bass FC count 3 months ago, while making some mad progress on the other games too. FCs #40 through #347 happened within one month of each other in fact - that's gotta be some sort of record. I took it a bit slower as I was nearing the 360 mark - obviously in FC rate, but also in time spent on Bass - and I've been at 42/44 on VH for two months, leaving Painkiller and Hot for Teacher for another day, since I couldn't get a handle on them at the time. Whatever happened in the meantime I cannot tell, but I must have upped my game or I just had a really good day today (or maybe my skills came back from the future, har har relevant joke). Painkiller took me 2 tries after a warm-up run of the song and Hot for Teacher went down after just 2 outro misses. Although this made my run towards the FGFC end considerably less climactic, it's a nice testament to my improvement on Bass during the past few months

As such, my progress towards the FSFC looks like this:

GH%20Expert%20Bass%20Full%20Series%20FC%

All in all, I've been having a lot of fun with the old guitar controller, which hasn't really happened since switching to Drums as my main instrument.

Speaking of which. Fuck. my. drum. kit... Fury of the Storm 100%, for the second time. I'm getting really tired of this shit. Every other choke I've had, kit mishap or self-inflicted, pales in comparison. Seriously, my kit overhit two notes from the end on Demon(s) X+ once and I've never been able to get consistent with the quad kicks in that song again... and I still consider this choke ten times worse. I was 100% sure I had it, getting ready for a shout of joy and a long sigh of relief before receiving the ultimate kick in the nutsack. Spoilers if you haven't seen it yet: it's bad.

I decided to rent an E-kit again hoping to finally get an honest chance at FCing stuff, but I'm still having issues with notes dropping. After eliminating some possible causes, the only options I can now think of are bad USB ports on my PS3 or an old MIDI cable. I'd prefer the latter, as it's much easier to replace, but I'll have to figure out some more reliable ways to figure out what the root of the problem is here. Hopefully my next update will be more joyful on the Drums side.

slashn0 wrote:
can't wait for you to get bass FSFC in addition to drums FSFC, lol

xXGhostTypeXx wrote:
You're getting this done, freaking epic

Drums will happen hopefully this year, if I can get my E-kit to work properly. Bass might never happen, but I'm not ruling it out as of yet

bushidox wrote:
How goes the progress on the drums front? Space Truckin' is one hell of a drum FC, if you can get it, I don't see that there is any song you cannot get on plastic drums. Curious to see an update from you. Keep up the great work on bass.

Space Truckin' really has been the on-disk song that I doubted most would ever be within my reach. Even now that I know it's not impossible anymore, I still have no idea when, if ever, I'll be able to hit the roll consistently enough to go for the FC. Every other song in the series was just a matter of trying enough times, but for ST there really is no point in doing so until I improve my drum strokes. On the bright side: I went way out of my comfort zone before, learning to play the blasts in FotS with two feet, which felt like having to learn to play drums all over again. I'm positive that I can learn to play 17+ NPS rolls too

arvain wrote:
Hey there Isn't it your birthday today ? Or was it yesterday... nah I'm gonna go with today. Happy birthday ^^

Oh and... stop trying to play on gh5 Xdrums, you're hurting yourself, especially with your... drumkit for lack of a better name x) Stay busy with bass instead.

You were correct, it was the 5th. Awesome that you still remembered it, and a belated thanks

I did leave my "plastic-and-rubber-contraption" (for lack of a better name) for Bass, so I hope that makes up for the drum fails of late.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Kappameister  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:

Yes, Space Truckin' finally went down!

I thought you meant on Drums :|
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kappameister wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:
Yes, Space Truckin' finally went down!
I thought you meant on Drums :|

That's what I implied haha, hence:
WarlordTm wrote:
...who am I kidding; you've read the subject title

Didn't think anyone would still fall for the bait afterwards lol. I don't remember Space Truckin' taking me more than a few tries on Bass too.
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there! Remember me? I can't lie, I have been secretly viewing these forums more recently (well, not secretly, but I haven't been logged in) what with the announcements of GH Live and Rock Band 4 (even if I don't have a One or PS4), and this name was definitely one I remembered.

But those chokes... Wow, to have 100% overhits on not only TTFAF, but FotS now? Dragonforce songs must hate you a lot. I did see that overhit video, and holy smokes that sucked. Would you say either of these songs have topped War Ensemble in terms of overall frustration factor?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

It's been a while again. Fury of the Storm has continued to take the piss out of me, so this still isn't the update I was hoping for. I did finally get my E-kit to work properly and choked the last cross-over fill soon after, but I haven't had any luck since. This song has really tired me mentally, so I decided to take it a bit easier and work towards the Full Series 1st place.

First off, I had to re-FC about 60 songs in Band Hero and ended up with the re-FGFC, just for the heck of it. I can see no more than 10 scores easily improved (mostly because of sustains), so I'm pretty confident that this Full Game 1st will stay there for a while, if not ever

After re-FCing some leftover songs (that were much less infuriating now that I don't have to miss half of the accents anymore), I was down to 7 songs from the Full Series 1st. The two songs I had left in WT had been a thorn in my eye for years, as I had been postponing to re-FC them. Pull Me Under and Hot for Teacher still gave me some trouble; PMU mostly because of one section where my kit somehow overhit all the time and HfT because of a bunch of outro chokes. Neither took me overly long and I got 1st place by a clear margin on both, regaining my Full Game 1st in the process

As of now, my Full Series progress look as such:

GH%20Full%20Series%20FC%20Count%205.png

The 5 songs I have left are:

Fury of the Storm (will get 1st when I FC)
Space Truckin' (will get 1st when I FC)

Brianstorm (I have to figure out how to hit the pads so they don't overhit all the time)
The Trooper (annoying song + freestyles)
Creeping Death (my kit overhit/activated SP at the very end during the freestyles three times in a row today. Otherwise an easy re-FC)

The latter three are simply a case of taking my time for them, so I will probably do that next week. I have no idea when I'm prepared to go for hour-long grind sessions of FotS again or to work on my strokes for ST, but I'm confident I will eventually get that Full Series 1st

On another note, I've been closing in on the Bass FSFC since my last update, but I haven't played in over month because of developing some sort of RSI in my hand. I couldn't isolate what caused it (between GH bass, drums and also playing badminton frequently), but after picking up GH:L last week it became clear that was the problem. I won't be playing anymore Bass or GH:L until I've fully recovered from this, so it will be only drum updates from me for a while.

FCs since my last update:

41. Seek & Destroy
42. Creeping Death
43. Battery
44. Disposable Heroes

80. The Spirit of Radio
81. Done with Everything, Die for Nothing
82. Lust for Life
83. Sympathy for the Devil

46. Free Bird

Making my progress as follows:

GH%20Expert%20Bass%20Full%20Series%20FC%

I can see 2, maybe 3 songs FCable without too much trouble, but the rest will be a long grind. I'm currently aiming for FSFC -10 and I think I can realistically aim to get FSFC -5 eventually.

That's about it for now. Enjoy your holidays

chaosfreak07 wrote:
Hey there! Remember me? I can't lie, I have been secretly viewing these forums more recently (well, not secretly, but I haven't been logged in) what with the announcements of GH Live and Rock Band 4 (even if I don't have a One or PS4), and this name was definitely one I remembered.

Of course I do! Nice to see some old faces still around

Quote:
But those chokes... Wow, to have 100% overhits on not only TTFAF, but FotS now? Dragonforce songs must hate you a lot. I did see that overhit video, and holy smokes that sucked. Would you say either of these songs have topped War Ensemble in terms of overall frustration factor?

Both DF songs frustrated me much more than War Ensemble ever did. My faulty drums definitely contributed to that, but even with working drums I'd much prefer re-FCing WE over TTFAF or FotS. WE requires being good at FCing a handful of very hard fills, while the DF songs require being consistent at FCing a ton of slightly easier fills. I find songs with just a few really hard sections much more pleasant to grind than songs of 7 minutes long where you can miss almost anywhere, really. Aside from that, I find some of the fills in TTFAF and FotS at least as awkward as any fill in WE.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a beast. I wish you luck on those 5 songs and good amount of patience of FOTS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh you're still alive! Always loved seeing the things you could pull off, Warlord. I never tire of seeing people who actually care about GH drumming. Whatever you're going for next, I wish you best of luck.

Guitar Hero drums: 45/403, Rock Band drums: 345/464
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Drummerboy 614 PSN Name: Drummerboy614
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: