Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Woofus you got pretty much every hard song down...why can't you just FC? And good job on Beat it that is insanely hard with the lag.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny...today's bunch of FC's feature both my favorite song to listen to (Everlong) and my least favorite to both listen to and sing (Misery Business). Girl...awesome job on the latter, especially with lag. Also, fuck that song!

Despite having a tough time, I had a good time with "Escuela de Calor". I so wanted to have a tenor-ish range so I could make a full-voice vid of it. It's that temptating!

About the headset singing, yes, it's a bit laggy. If you just kinda slur, it wouldn't make a lot of difference on GHWT (Solids don't break combo) and RB2 (monstruous pitch/timing leniency in comparison to GH), but bring it on something picky like GHM, and you'll see the front end of the hitboxes being let unburned, and possibly a Solid on your face. As for GH5/BH, it's basically unplayable, and that's that.

Anyway, closer and closer to the FGFC! Put work on "Good God" and "Never Too Late", and it's virtually over!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
lilirock  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Woofus! Thanks for the Vox advices on your p.6 reply (yes I did read it a while late haha >_>) Well my short Vocal career was just a spur of the moment(?) thing, at least until I suddenly get loads more free time XD I'm still focusing on guitar on the rare occasions I have to play these days, but I thought I could maybe try to do Vox on GH:Metallica next time! I probably know more songs on GH:Metallica than on any other game, so that might make things a little easier, who knows ;) But it'll always be just for fun, as I don't plan on ever becoming competitive on Vocals... I actually like drums more than Vox

So congrats on the insane amount of new GHWT FCs you got since my last post!! Keep it up, and you'll get another FGFC in no time! Also I watched a couple of your last GH5 videos which are very nice as always

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, time to do some quick replies:

sulfurus: Yep, I'm one of the RNGO clan I saw you pop up in a few recent discussions in the tour group's private forum, and thought "is this the same guy at SH?" and now you got my answer.
As far as FCs go, I'd shoot for as many as I can (currently nearly at 200!!), but I won't be expected to nail everything - I just want to have as much fun as I possibly can.
I aught to visit your thread sometime - your signature shows a good preview as your awesomeness as a drummer

werelord: I will FC "Good God", just give it time =D In fact, that song's in next week's GH Hub Tour Group Tussle so I will be sure to nail the FC by then, trust me.

Tidus: I dunno, I actually like listening to "Misery Business" but that's because we don't get many acts like Paramore out here. That, and it's easily my brother's favorite song in World Tour
But anyway, I'd so give for ANYONE to nail "Escuela de Calor" in the original pitches. Shame you wanted a bigger range because you seem so ideal for the task.
Thanks for the insight on the headset too. I'm surprised there could be lag - might've been more of a hardware thing. But at least it's crazy fun for you, let's put it this way. XD

lilirock: If you do vox on GH: Metallica, be careful. Some people that I've heard around here have said that it's actually a challenge on vox, no matter how well you know the songs.
Anyway, drums more than vox That I can probably understand for most plastic instrument wielders out here, since as far as I'm concerned, the vocalists in the GH community are often overlooked for those that do the other parts exceptionally well (and that's a subject matter that does kind of get me down). But I still try anyway, but just like you with your vocals, I wouldn't attempt guitar, bass or drums at a competitive level either, lol.

Now that that's over, today's post.
Actually, there IS no GH:WT update today but there is something that I've been thinking of doing for a while now.

When taking the vox online, I've seen more people than ever with DLC freebies, and while some do the stupidest things and pick the instrumental selections ("Anything" and the GH:OT Modern Hits theme keep coming to mind), where I could do *nothing* if the guys suck, some people sometimes pick songs with an actual vocal chart in. I've had painful sightreads for "Sacrifice" and - believe it or not - "Dez Moines", so on that note, I'm going to contemplate doing some DLC FCs at the same time as the Band Hero imports.

Course, there's like 400+ of those things out there, so I won't be expected to do every single one that has a vocal chart. But as far as I'm concerned, it's a step up that I want to take due to A - my lack of interest in the band-centric titles, B - the annoyance of some of the random people that I see online for quickplay sessions, and C - the fact that DLC can be just as awesome as any on-disc playlist ;)

So yeah, if anyone has any requests on what to work on, fire away

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna bother with the quote and bold this time, i'll just break it down by word.

I like Misery Business also, if anything it's way better than "That's What You Get" in Rock Band 2. I just like how it sounds more than the latter (as I said, a good speed rush is what I get a crave out of). My brother feels the same way about it too, though he's not that into pop-rock. tidus, why do you hate that song so much? WHAT DID IT EVER DO TO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And as for GH Metallica, as if that banner in my sig couldn't give you some indication, I actually enjoyed it. If you've seen my setlist scroll vid on Youtube (which, considering that you are subscribed to me, I hope you have), it tells an interesting story about my experience with it. In case you haven't, i'll tell it now: back in March and April, I had seen the game's vox engine and thought it would be more enjoyable than WT's (which i've still barely touched). But when I bought GH Metallica, and first played vocals in it, let me tell you, it was brutal. I couldn't keep any sort of combo on anything except talkies. Then, on the final song, "The Thing That Should Not Be", I sightread 5*'d it, and said, "That felt SO GOOD to 5* something after all those crappy 3*'s!" I was into Guitar and Bass in that game though, so it was cool.

So I just got the idea of coming back to the game one night... and can't really tell what I got my motivation from. Maybe it's because i'm a big Metallica fan, but I really enjoy the game overall. And if I think of a DLC song for you, i'll mention it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I wasn't *that* much into Metallica's work when it came out so I pretty much saw it as a no-go.
Then again I'm pretty much hard to please with these band-eccentric titles - of all those that GH and RB have done, I'm obviously going to be more at home with the Beatles since my mom grew up with them, but my bigger issue there comes from any form of challenge (and lack thereof) that it presents.
So it's pretty much two devils there - a challenging game with music from a band that you either don't know much of or don't like, or something with a more familiar band but has a laughable difficulty level. I'm hard to please >.>

But yeah, I'm open to the DLC request whenever possible. In fact, I'd give for a fresh challenge because in spite of nailing the "Beat It" FC last week, I was heavily overshadowed by dr00bles, Joe and yourself working on the iron three of Band Hero, boss's FBFC exploits continuing further with "2 Minutes to Midnight" and Tidus in particular hitting 200 vox FCs in total; it just made me feel left out.
I don't care what dr00bles said - as far as I'm concerned, I see myself as the most underrated GH vocalist. (Yeah, my self-esteem really sucks )

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
kire  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great FC's you got there!

YOu should go for GH:M, it's really fun, as for the matter of the most underrated, I think me and werelord are pretty underrated too

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I keep saying, and I know how intense you guys keep saying the engine is, I have no intension to get GH: Metallica or GH: Van Halen just yet.
Firstly, neither game have exports into GH5 or BH, so that's the idea of disc swapping all over again.
Secondly, see my post above concerning music familiarity.
Thirdly, by the time I'm done with the BH imports the prices may have fallen considerably anyway, so there we go.

But thanks either way - I thought you and werelord pretty much got more feedback than me in several points though, but ah well

kire  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k thanks for the explanation

so can you do harder to breathe?

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
*stuff*

You're kidding, are you? You got GH5 under your belt, that's much more amazing than anything I ever did! I may have hit 200 FC's, and attempted to nab something from the Band Hero "Iron Three", but I stand correct about me being completely out of your league!

Well, DLC/BH import requests, huh? Let's see...yea, I've looking forward to this. "Don't Speak", ya?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
so can you do harder to breathe?

As in the Maroon 5 song? Who *doesn't* know it well? I'll see if I can queue it up once I'm done with the WT stuff.

And Tidus, I'm not taking requests on the BH stuff - you know they'd all be done eventually, though probably in a weird order just like GH:SH and GH5. =P Whether "Don't Speak" will be the first or last FC would all depend on how I feel when I approach the pack - you never know, lol.
Plus, you got so many people complementing you on your 200 FCs target, so dont consider yourself underrated. You may see me as out of your league, but trust me, I'm sure you got more attention there than when I swagged the GH5 FGFC. And that's quite something

tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry I understood that the stuff included the BH imports.

I'm not too much familiar with the GH DLC, so I listed it...well, mind about doing "Fat Bottomed Girls"?

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, I already have the Queen track pack
I DO remember testing the guitar chart for "Fat Bottomed Girls" months back and sucking so bad at it, so this will be kind of hilarious returning to it on a different instrument. I'll consider it

werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for the Queen pack and Ticks if you have it. Since I hear Ticks is a hard vox song (I've never played it though)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Country Rock track pack, huh?
Yeah, according to the Music Store it's an intensity of 8. That tells me that it *can* be a toughie, but I'm pretty sure it'll be nowhere near as hard as "What I Got" in the same tier, haha.
Doesn't matter how hard or simple it is, I'm game to try and that's that

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 9 of 49

Jump to: