Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two minutes to midnight. How many minutes until a GH5 FGFC?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 minutes to midnight FC? You're crazy man...forget 70/83...FGFC NAO!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic going, Tidus! =D I see that's why you wanted the optimal path, so that you may not want to do it again.
But seriously, 2MTM is actually one of the easier intensity 9 songs, especially in comparison to "Superstition" (which i have a feeling could be a stumbling block and I understand why you may not want to FC everything).

Be sure to keep the progress going; I'm rooting for you

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, folks! Responding in order to make a quick update about my GH5/BH progress on the week.

Chaosfreak - Well, the "scoring" is pretty much the FC's, and the "teams" are these two games. So, in other words, which game I will get more new FC's on by the end of the week? About picking "2 Minutes to Midnight", it was mostly because I thought it would finally "click", and it kinda did.

Dr00bles - Hehe, you can count infinite minutes before the FGFC. As I said to Wooffus on #lavalamp, I may have gotten the big boys, but I totally suck at the *bigger* boys.

Werelord - I stand correct on 70 and *maybe* 75! No, thanks. Fame (lolribbity), Superstition (ugh), So Lonely (lolending), Sympathy for the Devil (lolending too), Brianstorm (didn't even get 5-star on it) and it so goes on...

Wooffus - I just don't want to accumulate more Verse 3 chokes to my failure historic, so thank you very much Seriously, that was really kind of you to point the path on dr00bles' vid. And yeah, songs like "Superstition" are the main reason why this FGFC is highly unlikely, at least for now. I'd be really happy with 70.

Disk-swapping to Band Hero, then went directly to "Fascination" for some...REVENGE!

After choking on the stupid warble again, I withdrew to training and hit that phrase like thrice in a row. First time getting to it on real run after training = FC. Dr00bles' thoughts of this song are still the same as mine. It can go burn in hell. I don't care.

"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" was easy, aside "Sing his sad, sad song". The bolded word was kinda hard to figure. Anyway, that makes 20 Band Hero FC's!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascination? Heh, more like Torture; mirite? Nice job, sir.

And that phrase you speak of in that song (Every Rose Has its Thorn) tells how I tend to feel about songs such as that. I like it, but sometimes, songs that are really soft and slow feel mellow to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, no re-bump needed!

Chaosfreak - Yeah, that warble sucked so much...about the Poison representation on BH, it's really the kind of song I like. I tend to enjoy ballad-type songs a lot.

Band Hero proves its favoritism on this little contest, because of the large list of options for me to keep getting FCs, yet they're not so easy to conquer. GH5 tries to strike with quality, but I still have to think how I can reach 70 FC's while facing the almost dying hope of a tackle at the monsters. Anyway, there they are, the new FC's of today. Highlight is the new GH5 FC, also a new tri-instrument FC.

"Gasoline" took so little time today...there wasn't a WTF point. Despite the speed, and the very-low-to-very-high notes, this song has a rather short range, and nothing that keeps it from being overtiered. Learn it, and it gets easy. "You Had Me" was a last-time choose, thought I was refreshed enough with it. The variations on the final choruses were trippin' me up. 86 short phrases and the feel that I can miss anywhere with a tiny slip. Still, a pretty fun song to play.

"In the Meantime" was really nasty, I even asked for a path after I learned the verses. No chokes after the verses, but I almost choked on the last phrase. Luckily the "you" filled the meter pretty fast. And two things, especially for Wooffus. 1st: I took less time than her just because she wasn't adapted to the GH5 engine (she was starting out GH5 in fact) when she got this after 6 hours of grinding. Things would be completely different 2nd: Bridge was 100% consistent for me. No way I could choke on it.

To finish, don't know if I'll have time to get something tomorrow. I must restore my social side, and the Carnival is the best chance for me.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most impressive, in the meantime is a tricky enough FC and you had me gave me a few headaches at the time. keep up the good work bro
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
lilirock  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the latest BH and GH5 FCs Tidus!! I don't know well the BH songs, but I can guess how difficult 2 Minutes 2 Midnight and In The Meantime must be :O Great job on those! Also congrats on the new triple instrument FC

Hope you'll have a great time at the Carnival

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before he FC'd it, tidus wrote:
I'm a n00b, m'kay?

No you're not. :P You're cool. ;)

In the meantime, Tidus can has carnival? Fun. But you had me jealous.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did catch you by surprise!! ^_^ I've been doing some co-op job thing with a local company as part of my senior project thing for psychology. After this year, I'll be heading to grad school, so more of my time will get eaten alive by hungry school books and papers.

I've also been hit by almost 3 feet of snow in the past 5 days! It's sooo pretty outside now, and I'm really enjoying this while I can. Once this weekend comes, I'll be outside building a snowman or something. Oooooooo, I can't wait!!

How's the world on your end? I'm going to keep watching your thread here, as much as possible. Keep putting out that wonderful voice!

GNO ~ Sarah

Goals:
[X] Beat Lou on Expert
[X] Pass TTFAF
[] Get more FC's than my boyfriend, 20-16
[X] 5 star all Expert career songs
[] Learn to squeeze?
[] Find a way to get the other GH games for PS2
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, epic runs all around!
I managed to catch the "Gasoline" chart on Youtube, and I do see why you think it's overrated for its tier. It does look fun to sing, and I'm glad you had fun too.
As for my thoughts on "In the Meantime", like I said in my own thread, even I'm not all that consistent at it now; still gives me some cockslapping on reduxing. But I'm glad you managed to clear it, so kudos once again!

Keep it up Tidus, I know you'll keep delivering

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GirlsNightOut wrote:
I've also been hit by almost 3 feet of snow in the past 5 days! It's sooo pretty outside now, and I'm really enjoying this while I can.

Snow? Oh my god. It fell like CRAZY over the past three days. My school was closed (but my college wouldn't have had classes today anyway)...and I admit, I wasted my freetime when I could be using it to study. I'm a complete slacker

At least my sister comes home tomorrow, so that's nice. I know you (tidus) said it never snows in Brazil, though...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! You know the drill.

Boss - Really proud the these ones. They were intense for different reasons. Thanks man!

Lili - Pretty much half of Band Hero setlist or so is harder than, say, "Under Pressure". Lots of tricky stuff, short phrases, sections with rare chances to breathe, odd warbles, etc. But eh, you do know that those two songs are tricky! Good to know, eh? I wished I could FC at least the bass of 2MtM, but that may not be possible.

Chaosfreak - Whatever, I'm still a n00b on the other GH5 monsters I had you jealous? I'm sorry. But the fact that the Carnival gets more respect outside Brazil than inside (well, it's been an impression that I've gotten some time ago) still amazes me.

Sarah - WOWZA!!! Again, really, you caught me by surprise again. Well, this happened to me twice before, but it won't happen to me anymore! There it is a shameless allusion to a song I FC'd today by a band you like.

Seriously though, everything is going well with me. I've been lacking a bit socially because the saturday nights were boring enough to make me give up on going outside. But the Carnival is a nice chance to turn the table. I wished I could talk something about my own study thingy, but I'm into something called vacation. But it'll end right after the Carnival week. Best of luck on your own business! Despite you'll check here more, I'm pretty sure you won't get carried away. Study hungers for time!

As for the snow thingy, which I'll *NEVER* see where I live, it's cool that you're having fun with it. Anxious much for this weekend, huh?

Wooffus - Haha, we could always compare our consistency with that song in any case. But I still stand correct that you'd take much less time if we were equal in terms of affinity with the engine. I'm out of your league, remember? Anyway, my deliver will make it up for the lack of stuff yesterday.

Well, that's pretty much my deliver for today. Yay for 2 coveted BH FC's and reaching 70 GH5 FC's. BH amplies the advantage though, but that was a great match! Let's see what happens tomorrow though! Pics of FC's now!

First tackle of the day went on "Bring Me to Life", for some mysterious reason. Worked a while on the rapping, 3rd time or so hammering it, I hit it. It was kinda tense, but the rest of the thing is melodical and easy, so yay!

Now that I got some rapping skills from "What I Got", and nabbed some quick stuff, why not trying "Wannabe" next? The fact is: the FC came after a massive struggle caused by 2 factors: hanging on with a Spice Girls song for too long isn't a good thing on the little world I live in; also, I had 4 chokes on the 90th phrase. You don't want to be me. Anyway, that small phrase on the bridge was 100% consistent for me. You know where I struggled, huh?

Neither one of the previous FC's took as long as "Lifeline" though. This song was really pissing me off. Probably because it's less melodical, especially the verses. Boo on this song!

Now for GH5. "No One to Depend On (Live)", a really underrated song. That short phrase was nasty. Terrible score, leftover SP, etc.

Thought I'd see how "Why Bother?" was for me. I had a terrible historic with Weezer songs, so might as well revert it and reach 70 GH5 FCs! I used like 3 different octaves, so my throat is hurting a bit right now. Main problem is "Won't you knock on my head?", and the high "Why bother?" on the outro. But the whole song was hard for me. But yay!

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

70!

Why isn't there a Banner for that? (I have to get In the Meantime as well, but those low notes keep ruining my fun...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, "No One to Depend On"; I just uploaded a video of my run on that today
I'm still very happy for you making progress; 70 FCs on GH5 is one heck of an accomplishment, so congrats on reaching that goal!

But seriously, I'm sure you've got the competence to manage the remaining 13 tracks in due time. I know it's mainly stuff that's putting you off now, but seriously, don't underestimate yourself

You've also started to make me realise how much of a pain "Wannabe" might be, guilty pleasure or not; but I'm glad you managed to get that and the other BH FCs for today in too, so kudos once again.
I'm absolutely sure you can even go all the way on that one. And don't deny yourself - your consistency with the iron 3 lately has proven that you very well could manage. You've got my support!

Anyway, keep 'em coming Mr. Green

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 68 of 92

Jump to: