SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not much to say, except that i'm happy for you. ^_^

Sure has been well earned and done, especially after the infuriating moments you might have had, because that's all over now. =)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club, buddy

i've made the "FSFC club induction" speech a few times now, and each time i have been filled to the brim with pride, and none more-so than you. PS2 or not, it takes patience, endurance, mental strength and obviously, a lot of skill, to get to the top of the vocals ladder, and claim the biggest accomplishment in the business, a FSFC. and yours is one i have thoroughly enjoyed watching. in the last few months you have really come into your own, and you've impressed all of us.

and even aside from the FSFC, you are, have been, and im sure will always be, one of the nicest people in the community, always being supportive, be it to newcomers or veterans, your always there with a congratulations, no matter what the accomplishment.

so I couldn't be more filled with pride, to present you with this

regardless of what system its on, you have earned it as much as any one else.

congratulations, Tidus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
kire  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too good

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I don't usually browse accomplishments too often but this is just too much that I have to comment! Congrats Tidus, it's always been a joy to follow your progress over the years. If anyone deserves such a feat, its you!

<3

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone...I really don't know what to say, really...for now, replies.

RTS - Tasty cookies! Thanks! About my next goals, there'll be a big post later that will tell everything.

Arvain - Hmm? Drums? LOL, what were you expecting that red to be? Blood? What Wooffus said, it comes from the window, and the curtain is red. I wished I could belt those specific lines, to really pour out my feelings about grinding. That'd look beautiful, but the PS2 engine is too glitchy for that.

Wooffus - Thanks for get that clear. Also, that'd give an awesome break from grinding, depending on how the leagues go. I'm honored, and I'm always honored to have you looking up for me, by the way. Check the big post below for the next goals.

Irving - Just keep going, who knows, maybe you can adapt to the GH5 engine, pull a Wooffus and destroy those songs. For now, keep up the good GHM job!

B-Fuzz and Werelord - I can borrow you my GH5/BH skills, only if the GH5 league takes the axe

Dr00bles - Yes, I really was. But fortunately, I got the resort I needed to stop doing so, and I was just hesitating because of environment problems. Anyway, it was always a honor having your support, and that's what is the most important.

Hydrapower - Hey there, be welcome into my thread!

Moose, Kire and WhYYZ - Thanks, guys!

Chaos - Glad you didn't talk about those moments. But I won't have to repeat them hopefully...

Boss - This might have been one of the best posts I've got here. I'm really glad I managed, by some way, do all of the networking I did until now, AND climb to the top. I was really feeling "uncompleted", but I'm happy I got this done.

Hailz - Luckily you picked THE moment. Even if just occasionally, you've been looking up for me since I was taking shit on the GHM times, and I'm honored.

A huge wall of text is a-comin' on the next post, regardless of having or not double-posted. It's just too important to come on the same post, below the replies.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for a specific post saying everything. It's a wall of text, I know, but...anyway, my full plans depend on the leagues. A GH game league on Vocals should survive through all of the preliminary process for it. Without GH Vox leagues, no more competitive GH Vox until GH6. That aside, my The Beatles: Rock Band copy is making its way, and I'll grind for the FGFC. Also, stay ready for more weekly videos from "The Memorial of a Tired Vocalist" project. A tough task is have enough options to extend this project until the GH6 release, which is my long-term goal. We'll see...

While I'm at it, might as well do a lookback on the games, and give them my impressions.

That FGFC with that..."epic" feeling - This one was one hell of a table-turning. This one required me to go to the PS2 (REMEMBER THAT I CHOSE PS2 FOR BEING A SYSTEM THAT I ALREADY HAVE, GODDAMMIT), due to all of the shit I took to get on just part of the songs. Think I'm lying? Veteran GH Vocalists like Hailey and Brian are witnesses of how much hair I lost (lol, not really, but you got the idea). But still, this is the best setlist of this era of GH, with one of my all-time favorite bands. It was a major honor to have this game under my belt, no matter which system. So, this award goes for Guitar Hero: Metallica.

Most "badass" FGFC (and fastest too!) - Albeit on PS2 engine, I still suffered from the very jumpy comet, and a not-so-good throat on the harder songs. The only con is the simple fact that I had complaints for supposedly "stealing someone's thunder". I was just doing my freaking work in the best freaking way possible! No, seriously, this game had 4 hard songs at best, but the speed by itself made it all "badass". Game? Guitar Hero: Van Halen.

Most aggravating FGFC - Trust me, I'm not being insane on this one. That serves to teach that you can't judge the book by its cover, especially because it seemed to be the 2nd 360 FGFC. After I nailed some of tough songs, such as the Poison, The Sword and Aerosmith representations, it was believed that the FGFC was near, even with me spreading the word that there were songs that have been kicking my ass left, right and centre. Near my fucking ass. Songs such as the Queen and Heart representations weren't quite the hardest ones on the series, but the pleasure to work on them went down quite fast. I would give the "award" to the posterior installment, but thanks to the growing frustration at times; the lower 360 FC rate here than on GH5 (73/83 is greater than 40/47); the fact that I was forced to "cop out" to finish this specific game; and *especially* all of that pressure that was greatly determinant for the 1st major hiatus from GH Vocals in 2010 (the February one), it goes to Guitar Hero: Smash Hits. Want an easy way to piss me off? Just try and bug me into doing those 7 songs, and see what happens.

Most "overdue" FGFC (also the one that made me go "Hmph") - There were roughly 10 reasons why I had to cop out, exactly the remaining songs. Even though it does have the best engine to date IMO (it isn't as hard as the WT spinoffs on 360, but not wussy like the PS2 versions and of course, the RB games), some of those charts weren't clicking on me, and never did. I got some toughies, such as some of the songs on the 60's and 70's of the breakdown, but I lacked any chance wih the bigger toughies, so I did an experiment and realized that the PS2 is again, more lenient. Game is Guitar Hero 5.

Toughest FGFC (even with some PS2 help) - Slight lag, on an engine that was already good. Short phrases everywhere. Some crazy wankeries. Regardless of attempts in comparing my situation with the ones of players who were like 5 notes or less away from the FGFC, that whole sermon about misbelief on my unability and shit, even if there wasn't a single easy song remaining...I had no haste on this one. I still had to wait for the time when I had decent conditions to play, because I was being tormented by the fact that some men were working on a reform at the neighbor's house, and the base of that work was right at the garage, just a wall away from the rom I play at. So, the game is Band Hero.

Best FGFC - For the simple fact that it was done entirely on the much tighter 360 engine. That just felt so damn good, especially the monsters of that game. Even though it's the starter's best bet for the 1st FGFC on GH Vocals. The award goes to Guitar Hero World Tour.

Now, I can also speak of the FCs individually. As I got some on 360, others on PS2, maybe I should talk about them separatedly.

First GH Vocals FC: Everlong, my favorite GHWT song. Sightread, unlike the grindfest my 1st FC on the terrible RB2 chart of the same song. Wow, I remember how I was repeating how

Best 360 FCs

GHWT: Never Too Late and One Way Or Another. Definitely the two hardest FC's I went for on WT. Also, Misery Business could be included, just for the simple fact that I wasn't even dreaming of mastering a song that I hate, REALLY hate.
GHM: The Black River. Other songs were just easy or medium-easy level, not too much to say about my terrible stand on this game.
GHSH: Play With Me (just for doing that on the headset) and Back in the Saddle. Despite I don't find the latter much of a batshit crazy song...I got quite a bunch of songs considered hard, but nothing of the harder songs. Anyway, gotta stop speaking of this aggravating game. Sorry.
GH5: Despite the lack of slain monsters, I can see some pride on my GH5 FCs. Sultans of Swing (for my fair consistency on it), Sweating Bullets and What I Got. Also, 2 Minutes to Midnight, an infernal grindfest, no matter what people say about comparison to the harder Intensity 9 songs.
BH: American Pie and Turn Off the Light. I achieved quite a lot of awesome FCs, but that's just too much, and I'm very proud of those 2 particular FCs.

Best 360 FCs on the series: See BH.

Most consistent "tough" FC: without a trace of doubt, The Wind Cries Mary. I can pretty much mess around while still FCing that song

About the PS2...

Despite the pain on some BH and GHM songs, ABC and Stone Cold Crazy were the biggest ass-kickers to overcome on the good, old PS2. For the former, neighborhood pressure jumpy comet and difficulty of the chart itself, the hardest on the series, in my opinion. For the latter, some of the fastest pitch changes, jumpy comet again, and the fact that I was adapting myself to the PS2 engine.

"But...what about the shoutouts?" I've been networking for pretty much 2 years and half on SH, and made much more than just SH friends. I got so many people on the rhythm gaming communities supporting me to keep track of, that I think I'll make a big shoutout to everyone at once, to make this equal, instead of writing about one by one. You're all important to me, no matter what.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
lilirock  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus!! OMG can't believe I'm like 2 days late to see this (seen an update on facebook or twitter >_>)

Congrats on the GH Vox full-series FC!! Wow, that's really incredible :O I'm away way too much from SH, I missed like 3 or 4 of your FGFCs, and now this! Well at least I'm not weeks late Thinking than when we "met" you didn't even play vox at all (I don't think so XD) You improved soooooo much soooooo quickly! See, you can achieve ANYTHING when you put your mind into it Awesome job again, I'm proud of you!! <3

Also hopefully the leagues you picked will work out!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSFC?! How did I miss this? You've seriously done nothing but improve since you started attacking vox, and I am thoroughly impressed that you have managed to FC every song by now, including that pesky Band Hero :P

Major congratulations to you tidus, and I loved your retrospect post about each FGFC

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW! É NÓIS!

Congratulations on FGFCing all of'em!

BTW, havew you got a guitar/drum yet?

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(oh ok, red curtains i was afraid the sky through your window was red o_O)

Also, wOOt for your fsfc (again ) and YAY for you getting the most important point : best fgfc : WT !!! (lol WT fanboy spotted hahaha xD)

I hope you'll do well on gh5 vox leagues (since only that is left -.-), good luck with that ! And good luck with tbrb ;)

Quote:
I think I'll make a big shoutout to everyone at once, to make this equal, instead of writing about one by one. You're all important to me, no matter what.

*becomes emotional* hey actually i've known you for quite a long time o_O since we were haunting lili's thread (back in... early 2008 i think, when i didn't have my thread =O)
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Tidus... all I can say is...

I told ya so

Great job bro <3

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muchas gracias for the words, everyone!

Lili - Indeed, I started almost a year after we started friendship here. Of course I need to put my mind into it, but I had to count on some luck too For now, both leagues worked out, let's see if they survive 'til the playoffs.

Dramacomic - No worries, it's all good. I've seen how you attacked all of those songs on PS2, maybe you could do the same if you still have the good old black box with you.

Jelly - Can't afford anything by now, but I'm happy with Vocals and other non-rhythm games

Arvain - I do know about your love-and-hate dilemma with WT, so thank you very much Seriously though, despite I didn't want to have a reason to pick BH for the leagues, I'm sorry about you and Lammy, and others who wanted to compete on that game.

If it was a bit easier, and if I didn't have historics that make people cry, especially with Fascination (where I stared at that TV screen for around 2 nonstop hours trying, all in vain, to reach and resolve a single stupid warbling section that alone conquered my hatred for that song), Bad Reputation (you know the drill on PMS forums), and even American Pie (had to afford around 5 hours overall in grinding, plus missing dinner time on the 1st day), I would have supported BH, instead of GH5, which isn't that much of a good game for Vocals, but is in fact the more consistent game for me.

Lefty - Thanks bro <3

New video is up on the RB side, for reasons that you'll see there. For now, I'll let the FSFC alone take the topic for a while, and the next week will cover GH again. Stay tuned!

JOE2210  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3
You are the winner =)

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe!

Well, well, well...an old friend of mine has her birthday on a Tuesday, and Tuesday is the day when I make videos? Perfecto!

Despite she isn't directly active on SH like 2 years ago, sentimentalgeek does contribute to the Vox community, especially with Band Hero videos. So, at a moment, I wasn't quite happy, and thought I could get another video for this occasion, but I realized that the GH5 disk is scratched to death, and crashes at some of the songs, including the one I wanted to do. So I'm stuck to a previously recorded run of...

"In My Place" XVox FC

Enjoy! I'll probably get a new copy of GH5 in order to get more videos from that game.

Speaking of GH5, on an unfortunately note, everything but Guitar on the GH side got the axing on the SH leagues signups, so that means that I really won't play GH Vocals competitively anymore until I acquire GH6. There's no reason to grind anymore, I won't redo all of those PS2 FCs on 360, and vice-versa too because that's a fucking chore.

Here, just videos. On the RB side, there's the RB2 Vox league (ugh squeezing), IF it survives the final round, and I'm also aiming for the TB:RB FGFC, which will be a bit tricky with the confusing engine. See ya!

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Speaking of GH5, on an unfortunately note, everything but Guitar on the GH side got the axing on the SH leagues signups.

That just goes to show how most people are either A, primarily guitar players, or B, GH vox haters. I'm gonna go with the first one.

Good vid performance, of course. And who the FUCK do you think it could be scratching your disks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 83 of 92

Jump to: