SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Tidus: Are you sure it was off-key singing and not broken talkies? But yep, Munich will come before you know it!

*cleans throat* Who's the one who frequents the other side of the boards in order to to know that? In Peace Sells, Dave sings sharper in comparison to the instrument key, but if you can catch the notes by ear, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Anyway, the new TV looks awesome! And you got quite a lot of guitar/bass FCs. Still a bit guilty of not being able to really watch (had to be AFK for some time), but I'll be sure to try my best next time.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying again:

Werelord: Random co-op FC FTW. Glad you were there last week

Tidus: Well, this is a first if I've to hear of a RB vocal chart to be bullshit for a reason other than broken talkies. At least now I know what's going on; if I ever get any RB game (which again is a freakin' rarity right now) I might check out that chart and see how it is.

Anyway, bumping up with the P.O.D. pack! And as a first, my stream is already underway, so meet me there :P

---

Update: September 3rd 2010

Video Features:

Van Halen: Dance the Night Away
DLC (P.O.D.): Boom | Southtown | Youth of the Nation (YT | DM)

Friday again, means update time!
And of course, we gotta include something of vocal skill amongst that with so little of it. Shame that I couldn't remember my performance of "Dance the Night Away" for film being *this* flimsy, but whatever, it's something.

A high-tier song is made to contrast the raps present in the P.O.D. pack this week. Seriously, I don't know what to make of it, so let's bring up how I felt about the songs really quickly:

Boom - Four pitched phrases, and I only messed up on one of those in one take, embarassingly enough. What takes more guts though was trying to perform as well as you could in some ridiculous hour in the morning not long after grabbing them. *shrug*

Southtown - All talkies = no comment!

Youth of the Nation - A handful of fourth-to-last phrase chokes ended up coming under fire for some reason, but that was namely because of my lack of focus at that hour. I just wanted to perform it moreso than worrying about any phrases present, and I guess it manages to work as *the* song to sing in the pack.

Overall, I bet anyone can get these as long as their mic is working. (yeah I know SSL can't even do "No Sleep Til Brooklyn" but it comes down to vocal technique more than anything.) They're probably more fun to drum than anything else, and I quickly learnt that an OMB for any of these songs is impossible for me. ^_^* Whichever, I think this is a weaker pack than the Weezer one, but I guess it depends on where you get your thrill out of it.

And really quickly, I managed to get some random bass FCs during the week too:

All I need to worry about in VH now is "Painkiller", but I may get there yet ^^

And anyway, may I direct you really quickly to my stream? On a rare occasion, I'm actually setting it up right now, so meet me there

[This update has been archived for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...eh, P.O.D. was bound to get overlooked. Lol talkie content, I guess.

¯\(°_o)/¯

But still, after much deliberation and technique refining, I got another bass FC for the pack, and one that has definitely sealed full confirmation of me going for GH Van Halen on bass -

Long chokable song is epic, lol.
I've also updated the checklist with all the bass FCs I've gotten so far. And there's one higher number up, but how do you get to play "Eruption" on bass anyway - through Quickplay?

Anyway, I'm ready to tackle the FGFC whenever I'm set for it. It's not a #1 priority right now, but we shall see

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on all the tough Bass FC's . You are SO getting that FGFC! Owait, I vaguely remember some deal we made... erm, something about you not getting the FGFC so I'll stay alive? Please don't get the FGFC xP
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Eruption, I just did co-op with my brother. But good luck Wooffus on this. It sure would be pretty kickass

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job getting the hard ones out of the way! And don't worry about Eruption it doesn't count for a bass FGFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time:

WarlordTM: What deal? I don't remember anything like that, not even mentioned in the TEF chat.

FingerQuick: Thanks very much! It's a shame that there's no local people cool enough to co-op with me on short notice, but it did seem like an idea. Spaz had a solution though, so no worries ^_^

Werelord: Thanks again, but I still want it for the lulz

And so I point you towards my update for the day. The VH bass stuff is coming along, and on vox... let me point you to the hardest song that I might've sung for some time. >__> Under my thumb, there's a hyperlink that takes you around... to the first post.

---

Update: September 6th 2010

Video Features:

BH Import: Pictures of You | Walking on Sunshine
DLC: California Queen (YT | DM)
Metallica: The Unforgiven

Back to Monday again and what I have to report back from the weekend.
This day marks another one of those *special* updates, because it's also Werelord's birthday; feel free to stop by his acc. thread and wish him a many happy returns. ^_^ Hence, Wolfmother ftw on the DLC front.
I don't know about the significance of "Pictures of You" in this update. It's still good to do, so chill too after the madness that I've endured for most of the past week.
"Walking on Sunshine" DOES have a lot of significance though - StormEagle and his band recently added this to their song roster (yay!!), I was also requested to sing it on Friday's stream, and parzrevenge and his team were so close to a FBFC on this one over the weekend. (Those were great to watch btw!)
And finally, "The Unforgiven", probably one of those that brings out one of the darker sides that went around me for a good portion of the week. And it had to accumulate with a whole bunch of new stream user encounters that thought no one on GH vocals deserved any credit (except Bong of Destiny, thanks for being this week's surprise visitor ). But yeah.

Anyway, moving ahead; thanks for being visitors to Friday's stream! I'll sum up everything that happened, right here and now:

1. Off to GH5 first. With the P.O.D. pack being released this week, the setlist had to open with a run on "Youth of the Nation".
  2. WarlordTM, the first visitor that came around, is apparently working on a "Superstition" OMBFC at this point; as something to egg him on, I did a -several (lol) run on vocals.
  3. A discussion was then brought into who had the more awkward pipes to deal with in a video game - Stevie Wonder, David Lee Roth, or Mick Jagger. For me, there was only one way to try and find out for sure with the latter's - a sightread (93%, 5*) run on "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction".
  4. Kire was keen to see the progress on a GHTunes cover of "No Boundaries" by Michael Angelo Baito that I had worked on for a majority of the day. Only the bass was finished at that point, the other instruments only partial. But it'll be set for next week at any rate.
  5. Wanting to make a swift return to the vocals, I thought it would be fun to do the song that was a lot of fun to do when doing so last Sunday - "Another Way to Die" (single), which apparently the chat gave a lot of stick over the charting for some reason.
  6. Pleased that he started playing it in a real band, StormEagle then asked for a run on "Walking on Sunshine". Damnit, ending choke!!
  7. I was thirsty for co-op... but in comparison to last week, it all went wrong. It all linked me back to the same person - an expert guitarist that named itself after Muse, and they couldn't play "Sowing Season", and they couldn't even survive my choice, which was the far-easier-for-them "C-Lebrity" (Queen). Hence, a huge hatred streak by that point.
  8. Reluctantly, I've had to give up and play bass on Kire's custom, "Until Tomorrow". But the first time around, it froze mid-song again. Star power glitch again!! So I've had to reboot it and try again, which made for a fun bass chart.
  9. Kire was then up for some co-op, and some decent co-op to boot. Here's what we did together, me on vocals, himself on guitar:
    - "Fat Lip" (Sum 41)
    - "Peace Sells" (Megadeth)
    - "Down With the Sickness" (Disturbed) - complete with co-op FC!

- "Scream" (Avenged Sevenfold)
    - "Heartbreaker" (WT Import, and yay first time I FC'd it in GH5!
    - "Afterlife" (Avenged Sevenfold)
    - "Cult of Personality" (SH Import)
    - "Who I Am" (New Blues Masters)
    - "Bloodmeat" (Knuckle Sandwich)
    - "Down With Disease" (Phish)
  10. With it being five weeks in a row that someone had to sleep early, I settled down with a little piano jam with the chat again.
  11. Then it was onto the guitar. Immediately I got asked to play "Through the Fire and Flames" in GHSH; I thought I'd suck moreso without my old TV, but with a little Hyperspeed cheat assistance, I got my highest score yet! 330k lol, but still... :P
  12. The first thing I did when I re-booted GH5 right after was purchased "Duelling Banjos" (single) from the store, and sightread 4*'d it on guitar. Fun song!!
  13. Still frustrated about the co-op earlier, I then tried a new run on "C-Lebrity" as the guitarist. I almost FC'd it, and I have the capacity to do so. Siiiiigh... kids.
  14. Final guitar songs played that night were "California Queen" (Wolfmother, marking Were's birthday that Monday), "Life in the Fast Lane" (Eagles) and "Hangar 18" (Megadeth).

Again, thanks all for coming

Moving ahead, it was back to trying to do some DLC on vocals over the past 36 hours. And while I couldn't do much (and I'll state why further down), this is what I DID manage to get:

"Gimme All Your Lovin'" (Southern Rock) - Very easy to break down and learn, but a picky bitch to try and execute. For a cover version, this is something that I wasn't very impressed with in regards to tuning. Quite undertierred if you ask me.
"Very Ape" (Nirvana 2) - At 1:57, is this the shortest DLC song out there? Cue me in. Still very weird to pull off - Kurt Cobain's vocals in this song sounded very off if you ask me.
"Pilgrim" (Wolfmother) - There we go, Wolfmother pack complete. And I think this was the easiest of the songs - long drawn out notes, nothing too weird on a notation basis. Horrible path though. XD

And then, there came a track that stumped me in both learning AND trying to pull off so much that I *had* to make a video for future reference. Yes, in terms of GH5 DLC, this *might* be harder than "Rag Doll"!

Same kind of issues that "I'm Free" had, but the warbling was a little lesser. What was the real killer though was the ending and the fickle brekadown of it all. And I can't even hit the high notes in the original octave either, which makes it even more awkward to try and do!!
But I'm glad I got that on film, so you might see it on your Internet browser in the near future.

So of course, due to the DLC FC quantity dissapointment, I then moved onto some more VH bass. I looked around for any more potentially annoying charts, and dealt with those two:

"Somebody Get Me a Doctor" has annoying slides that made it a little awkward to keep combo at first, especially the one leading into the guitar solo. But once I got there, I managed it. Less cornier on plastic instruments than it is singing, trust me!
And "So This is Love" did a number on my fingers with the green-blue hammer-ons on particular. That made for a longer FC than I was expecting though, but I felt relieved to finally get by.

And of course, there was room for one more:

Anyway, roll on September. Back to church again (I think?), and hopefully we may get a fresh set of DLC soon too. But if not, I'll find ways to fill the time, I'm sure of it.

A little note: due to a fireworks outing with a group of friends on Friday night, and more likely parz streaming for more FBFCs that following weekend, my next stream would be on this Thursday instead. Just a little word of caution.

Thanks again and seeya

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job with everything keep up the DLC/VH Bass Domination. Also thanks for the birthday gift it's awesome. and lol eruption...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loleruption is right. Glad you appreciated the vid, and hope your birthday went well!

By a bizarre twist of fate, a broken tooth last night resulted in me taking an emergency day's holiday. And what would you want me to do on a day off? Hit moar notes?

well, actually you're right. First post! :P

---

Update: September 7th 2010

Video Features:

BH: Beautiful Soul
DLC: Holiday (YT | DM)
Metallica: King Nothing
Van Halen: Hang 'Em High

...no one was expecting an update, today, huh? I'll state how later.
Going to the videos I plan to link here, "Beautiful Soul" marks the last of the non-exportables for BH. I actually quite like this one thank you very much >_>
"Holiday" kind of is the theme here. Today is an *emergency* day off due to a dental issue last night. I've approached the dentist and obtained a filling for a broken tooth, which would most likely be crowned in a month's time. That was really last minute, I'm sure of it......
"King Nothing" is one of the weirder charts in GH:M, in that I can't even nail it in the original octave as shown there. But it's still alright by any means.
And finally, "Hang 'em High". Tried going for a bass FC earlier today, but I HATE BIG ROCK ENDINGS!! Alas, it'll come in due time, but not during dental recovery, I assure you.

So yes, a dental visit meant taking a day off work. What would you want me to do when waiting to go down other than looking at MORE random songs to sing?
And of course, I did indeed manage a couple:

"Stay Away" (Nirvana 2) - Was easy to learn, but some of the "I don't know why" phrases in the 2 breakdowns threw me off the first time around. But at least I got it quickly, and when I did, I substituted "God is gay" for the more self-appropriate "Rock Band is gay".
"Look Good in Leather" (European 5) - Now this on the other hand took way too long to learn AND grind. Firstly, that "listen" phrase before the second verse can go suck a dick (I can only hit it like once every 10 times, ow); secondly, there's a lot to remember in all the verses; and damnit, that ending was also very long to keep focus for. You can say i was relieved when I finally got that one. >_>

And during recovery, I thought I would take it easy with a few more VH bass songs:

"And the Cradle Will Rock" was recommended from Werelord due to "weird fills". I admit I had a few of *those* moments during the solo and ending in particular, but I managed to get there.
"Sick Sick Sick" was approached next for the purpose of finishing the London gig. Why it's there, I haven't a bloody clue.
And finally, "Atomic Punk". That was a close FC; most often I'd miss the slide going into verse 3, and on the one occasion that I got passed it I was lucky I didn't miss since. Epic song tho!

I also tried "Hang 'Em High" and "Ice Cream Man", but I am clearly in no state to mess around with big rock endings right now. >_>

Anyway, with this new six-pack on the horizon, I guess I'm under pressure to get vox FCs as soon as they hit the European Wii store and have them set for Thursday. Time to be a big girl, I guess! O__o

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the GHVH Bass domination. Put those endings to practice, and you can do it!

Also, count me in as member of your defense force, because I foresee something coming on a future Stay Away video Still, something really funny, you drove me into a nice laugh here. xD

Keep on truckin'!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? I'm too attached to the Christian community to even call God "gay"... unless they mean a different kind of gay altogether. But hey, if it ever materialises, I'll remember those awesome words for sure.

But still, it's Thursday morning, there's still no new pack... and I guess all I can do is fill the void somehow. I've sung the nightmares of my lies alright, trust me.
First post O.o

---

Update: September 9th 2010

Video Features:

BH Import: Rio
DLC: The Kids Don't Stand a Chance (YT | DM)
Metallica: Broken, Beat & Scarred
Van Halen: Sick, Sick, Sick

Well, it's Thursday morning, I'm to be streaming tonight, and yet the Rock 1 pack STILL HASN'T ARRIVED in the PAL Wii store. Pardon my French here, but what the fuck gives?!
Anyway, I'm gonna have to wait til Monday to try and get them, and I hope they'd even be there by then.

In the meantime, four new vids. "Rio" was something that I sung on last weekend's stream, so the inclusion there was long overdue.
"The Kids Don't Stand a Chance" wraps up the request for the Vampire Weekend track pack. Thanks Kire!
"Broken, Beat & Scarred" similarly puts the seal on the Death Magnetic tracks in GH:M, or at least for the Wii. Not a bad song tho.
And yes, "Sick, Sick, Sick" is how I physically and mentally feel right now, in more ways than one. Cue another appropriate upload for the spur of the moment. -.-

So yes, to make up for the void, I've had to go tackle some *different* DLC this time. I did at least conquer at least a couple of whole packs in one go, so I guess it's not too problematic. Here we be:

"Negative Creep" (Nirvana 1) - When looking up the vox charts for this pack, I thought they seemed simple enough for me to attempt without even practicing. For the most part I got them on my first try... but this particular song had me to make a first phrase choke because I had no idea how sharp or flat the verses would be. >_>
"You Know You're Right" (Nirvana 1) - When I came across the chart, the first thing I thought was "hey, I was there when Zane Lowe added this to rotation on his radio show!!" So it's fair to say that I was already quite familiar when tackling the song head on.
"Sliver" (Nirvana 1) - I don't know what Kurt had against his grandparents... *shrug*
"Junior's Farm" (Wings) - The only real problem area with this song is the ending and trying to maintain consistency over it. But otherwise, probably the least challenging song from the pack to do.
"Drive" (Acoustic) - I thought those warbles were going to make this song tougher than implied, not to mention the easily-chokable ending. But hey, it's Incubus, which makes it all the more fun.
"The Everlasting Gaze" (Smashing Pumpkins) - The only weird section to look out for is the breakdown leading into the ending. But still, I think this is the only Smashing Pumpkins song that I tackled in the original octave. *shrug*
"Hi Hi Hi" (Wings) - Damnit, this song was surprisingly tough. Those phrases after the three "sweet banana" phrases can all go suck a dick - my consistency in nailing them have never been all that great. >_>
"Jet" (Wings) - Clearly my fave out of the entire pack for me. Challenging without being too picky, and just plain epic all around.
"Dull Life" (YYY/The Faint/Editors) - I think this is my favorite one to sing out of this entire pack, primarily for the same reasons as "Jet" in the Wings pack. The second verse may have been a little tricky, but it's still neat!

And after that, I finally got both of Tuesday's burdens off my chest:

Big rock endings can still go suck a dick, especially that for "Hang 'en High". My consistency at the time I got it was only one in five, but I was glad that I succeeded in the end.
And luckily, the BRE for "Ice Cream Man" had a lot more consistency in practice. And by the time I got there in a real run, I actually succeeded on my first try for tonight. See now all those flavors are guaranteed to satisfyyyyy!

But alright... back to reality now. With no DLC pack and stream coming tonight, you can obviously tell that I'm going to have a huge hate agenda against the world when I get it up. Alas, I'll meet you all there later.

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kire  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job! if the pack gets released here, prepare for me constantly picking epic on your stream hehehee

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's out now, and you can ask for it all you want!! :P

And of course it made me happy enough to dig deep in the pack, so I probably won't be standing alone in making judgment... or would I?

---

Update: September 11th 2010

Video Features:

Van Halen: Little Guitars
DLC (Rock): The Dope Show | I Stand Alone (YT | DM) | Nookie

Well, you can say I'm in for a welcome relief as I go in for this particular update. ^_^
To go up with the other tracks, I thought I'd upload something a little more optimistic and that would be "Little Guitars", which made for a very fun initial FC back there. Shame I can't get the OMBFC if I wanted to due to that damn guitar intro... :P

But yes, as the update implies, the Rock pack FINALLY arrived in the store on Friday morning (thank you Stormi! ^_^). So I ended up playing the heck out of them and getting the vocal FCs as I went along. I'm still processing the others though, but those here are what I got up. I'll send a full analysis of the entire pack once I get the rest of them up and loaded.

Thanks for visiting the stream again on Thursday; I'll see if I can recap what we did.

1. With there being 2 weeks left until GH: Warriors of Rock releases in Europe, I decided to make this and next week's stream open on a little reminisce of DLC of the past and how far I've personally come as a player. Audience participation also helped with the song choices for each month:
    - September 2008 - "The Unforgiven III" (Death Magnetic)
    - October 2008 - "Jessie's Girl" (Classic Rock 1)
    - November 2008 - "Salute Your Solution" (Raconteurs)
    {At this point we discovered that Kire was getting the Band Hero imports but he forgot to tick off "Ocean Avenue"... wut? XD}
    - December 2008 - "One of These Nights" (Eagles)
    - January 2009 - "Low" (Travis Barker)
    - February 2009 - "Commotion" (Southern Rock)
    - March 2009 - "Fat Bottomed Girls" (Queen 1)
    - April 2009 - "Kid Charlemagne" (Steely Dan)
    - May 2009 - "The Touch" (single)
    - June 2009 - "Sample in a Jar" (Phish)
    - July 2009 - "Young Cardinals" (Vagrant Records)
    - August 2009 - "I'll Never Know" (Activision Music)
  2. Wanting to resolve any unresolved coin tosses earlier, I did a run on "Drive" (Acoustic) before my next move.
  3. Live on stream, I then did a completely sightread XGuitar performance on "Camel's Night Out" (single) - never heard it, and never seen the chart. Got 5 stars in spite of it being an intensity 9... wut?
  4. Then started looking around for random people to play with. By some random occasion, I ended up running into K1NGP3DR0 (haha!!) and a random bassist calling themselves "GHOST". We did those tracks together:
    - "Maiden, Mother and Crone"
    - "Medicate"
    - "Sultans of Swing"
  5. After those tracks I broke off and resolved the other tie with a solo vox run on "Bloodmeat" (Knuckle Sandwich).
  6. Then I decided to head back in. I found an X+ drummer ("Hammid") and a medium guitarist ("SDSI") and we did these tracks:
    - "Jailbreak"
    - "Demon(s)"
    - and then we started "Younk Funk" but I say no - I don't sing instrumentals >_>
  7. Back to the DLC again... I emphasized Kire's complete stupidity from earlier with a solo vox run on "Ocean Avenue" (BH Import).
  8. And I returned for co-op one last time. Along with the drumer, I also ran into a hard guitarist (calling themselves "SelmA") and we did a plethora of tracks together:
    - "Done With Everything, Die for Nothing" (wut?)
    - "Streamline Woman"
    - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
    - "Sweating Bullets"
    - "Wannabe in LA" (the drummer didn't want to play this one, which meant the song ended prematurely)
  9. And to cap it off tonight, I sealed it on a -1 vox run on the first GH song I ever played - "Livin' on a Prayer" (WT Import).

Thanks again everybody, y'all were great! ^_^

So I won't leave without some FCs in some shape or form. It's a little more for the Van Halen XBass FGFC, but it's something:

"Dope Nose" was done in 2 tries - the first was an overstrum during the guitar solo.
"Feel Your Love Tonight" was a sightread FC... lolwut? I still don't know the song all that well!!
And "Double Vision" was clearly the most annoying of the set - got caught out by pull-off sequences several times before finally getting the FC.

And on an even more unrelated note, I tried out Guitar Hero Arcade when I was out with a bunch of friends at Blackpool last night. Yes, we stopped by an amusements centre as one of our little pitstops! So I placed a pound in the machine, quickly selected difficulty (Expert) and character (stuck with Casey Lynch because I thought I had 15 seconds to choose EVERYTHING!!), and song, which I ultimately went with "Almost Easy".
By my experience, I don't know about you but the controller felt so much heavier than mine back home; I've had to be strong just to try and support it. In regards to star power there was no whammy and that for some reason it's set off as soon as you get it. The playing itself took some adjusting though - with the sound lagging behind the visuals I've had to strum kinda early in some sequences, which wasn't easy with such a small strum bar in comparison to the rest of the controller (it's only like half the size of my WT-tar's strum bar).
All in all it got me a 4* performanace and a score of about 168k. Was fun to try and do though for about 5 minutes no matter what you guys try and make of it. :p

Anyway, I'll get the rest of the Rock TP songs uploaded soon enough. I won't let you down!

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i've been missing out on here lately.

Looks like you're making progress with VH bass so far, especially how fast you got the harder ones. Hope you can get the FGFC soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Kire got the harder ones faster than me (though Mean Street kinda begs to differ......)
I'll be sure to keep up the progress on that, don't think I'd be done by the time GH:WoR comes out though, but we'll see.

Still, we got ANOTHER update coming not long after that; the rest of the Rock track pack falls on a monday that could very well be painted blue with all this rain we've had; how does it feel... to treat us like you do?

---

Update: September 13th 2010

Video Features:

Metallica: Evil
DLC (Rock): Blue Monday (YT | DM) | Epic | Last Resort)

Well, in we go with another update for the week.
I open first of all on "Evil" because a vid on that was long overdue - something that I enjoy belting out at the top of my lungs. What do we expect here?

And then we move onto finalising the Rock pack, which I think I would've been better hosting everything in one go. >.> But for a monster pack, it seems pretty tame on vocals for the most part with quite a few highlights thrown in. Let me offer my full feelings here and now:

Blue Monday - All that ever was was a challenge for my low notes in general. And I guess as a result, the FC scoring take had me getting my words wrong in a few lines too, so please excuse me there. Still fun to sing due to my 80s bias... haha.

The Dope Show - Very weird to settle down and learn; probably a sign of some *bad* vocals from Marilyn Manson here. But still, IMO I think it had the most awesome choreography out of the entire pack. If it made someone laugh by making Shirley Manson as the vocalist roll around on the floor at the end, then that's just how awesome it is!

Epic - Easiest out of the entire pack; all you gotta do is just learn the very few and stale vocal parts and you should have fun. I know a certain portuguese gentleman that does... :P

I Stand Alone - The most fun for me to learn and execute, even though I thought I would beg to differ at the beginning. I can't believe I messed up on my SP path there, but what's even more amusing is that I can only hit the low part at the beginning of said breakdown once every 5 times or so; real challenge for me there.

Last Resort - The third verse made this a harder FC than it should've been; I dived in without any practice at all and didn't do too shabby for myself, so it's really about maintaining focus during that particular troublesome part. That's like the "water in my brain" part in "Somebody to Love" all over again...!

Nookie - The pitched breakdown was interesting enough to learn, and it took me a few tries to actually get it, but it's not really all that hard at all. Amusing to try and sing tho, even if someone mistook my "like a chump, ey" lines for "like a champagne" when they saw it. XD

All in all, not too shabby for a 6 song pack, though nothing's really all that hard to settle down with. If this is the last pack to be released before GH:WoR comes out, then I don't know about you but it sounds very anticlimatic in comparison to the Dragonforce pack (GH3) and the Activision Music pack and Duelling Banjos single (GH:WT). But with less than 2 weeks left, no one knows what would happen just yet.

Talking of DLC of the past, that was a subject matter that was covered in Thursday's stream, which had me looking back at fun songs from the WT era. With me probably going to take a break on DLC when GH:WoR comes out, it's here that I make a quick reflection on all the DLC that I've tackled that were released up to and including August 2009 and seeing which ones were the hardest ones that I've had to FC. So here's that list:

10. Bodhisattva (Steely Dan)
Measuring this one up to the Rock Band 2 vocal chart, the phrases have an even more ridiculous breakdown than anything that I have even seen in a WT chart, with no more than 2 "Bodhisattva" lines per phrase for some reason. The charting of the lower harmony in comparison is also bound to throw people off too, which for a long time had made for an impossible FC. So while I was lucky enough to FC it twice, it definitely wasn't easy given the two factors above as well as the nature of the band and their large solos. Quite undertierred, if you ask me.

9. Rock n' Roll Band (Boston ~ Classic Rock 1)
Now this is definitely no shoe-in either to try and perform. With no verse or chorus for that matter sounding the same, as well as chokable sections which made it harder for performers to try and get around (namely around the third verse) it made for a very insane FC to try and pull off. So in short - variations, a bitch to perform, wide range, chokable, poor breathroom... and lolboston. Need I say more?

8. Commotion (Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Southern Rock) (chart c/o Elfson)
This one is drastically undertierred - why is something like this a 4 anyway? Anyway, there's a few reasons why I placed it here - it's definitely so much harder to perform due to the length of the phrases, though it's only just not as bad as "Bodhisattva" on that regard; the entire chart's only just out of tune with the rest of the music which made it even more painful to try and pull off; and to cap it off, the steep slides made it even more fiddly to try and pull off than one would anticipate. Thank God it's less than 3 minutes long!!

7. Low [Travis Barker Remix feat. T-Pain] (Flo Rida ~ Travis Barker) (chart c/o Elfson)
You may not expect much from a rap song, but at 101 phrases, this has the highest phrase count that I have ever seen in a WT-era vocal chart! And to see how much concentration it takes to watch for any of the pitch variations throughout, even some subtle ones that somehow end up going slightly sharp or flat unexpectedly, it makes this a more focused FC and one that I have found impossible to perform and FC at the same time. If you ever want to try and nail it yourself, take a pair of iron lungs - you're going to need them.

6. That Was Just Your Life (Metallica ~ Death Magnetic) (chart c/o DisturbedDrumma)
Along with "The End of the Line", this makes for the higher end of the tougher songs in the Death Magnetic album, though that stated song ended up with more of a bullshit charting that doesn't entirely match the music. "That Was Just Your Life", however, this ended up with being a ridiculously painful FC partially due to the lack of fast moving verses, subtle variations in the choruses, and the fact that the vocalist has to wait through 2 minutes of intro just to do something. Surprisingly, the vocalist in the video made it look easy for the most part, but I still assure you that it's more frustrating than you think!

5. Look Good in Leather (Cody ChestnuTT ~ European 5) (chart c/o Elfson)
If it took me 2 hours to take down, then it definitely deserves a high placement on the list - arguably the most difficult European track pack song to take down, even though the original vocalist was actually born in Atlanta. With quite a few bullshit phrases amongst the beastly nature of the song (especially that "listen" line), and that never-ending finale, as well as all the variations that you have to try and memorise just to prosper, performing is a clear afterthought when getting through it. Power to soul music...?

4. Number With No Name (Ben Harper & Relentless 7)
After taking 3 hours to FC "Steal My Kisses" in Band Hero, I was expecting the entire Ben Harper track pack to be similarly frustrating. And of course while none of them came close to being THAT long, this one in particular still ended up being a beast to try and remember every single phrase pitch and execute just as well. Thankfully, its mere Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus structure made it fair enough to break down, but all in the end it comes down to just one factor and one factor only - precision. Stuff doing it in the original octave either - just do it in what's most comfortable for you.

3. C-Lebrity (Queen + Paul Rodgers ~ Queen 1)
Say what you like about this collaboration, but I actually found it more difficult to pull off than any of the Freddie Mercury fronted Queen songs in the series to date - yes, even "Stone Cold Crazy" is pale in comparison to this (don't hit me, lol!). There's a lot of natural/sharp variations throughout, which makes it trickier to keep on top of it; plus, Paul Rodgers's crazy slides pretty much added to the difficulty, especially that STEEP second-to-last phrase. It's not too bad to perform though, but if you do then be prepared to put a lot of hours into it.

2. Salute Your Solution (Raconteurs)
Lee (boss1592) and I have debated about the difficulty of both this track and my number 1 for some time. What we both noticed though was that not one phrase seemed to be the same, or at least in the verses (I think the breakdown begs to differ). While I found it extremely hard to settle down and confine the song to memory, I personally feel it's not as rough to execute as some of the other songs on the list; the only real awkwardly charted area had to be the ending, which at least some of those parts could've been possible talkies. But at least I understand how they ended up being pitched.

1. Ticks (Brad Paisley ~ Country)
Just like the above track, it's one that Lee and I have debated over its difficulty. While he thinks the only 2 problem phrases are in the ending, I however think that it made for a more frustrating FC - long intro, giant slides that have had to force me to take safer approaches, a selection of fiddly short phrases especially in the bridges and choruses, and one that just takes a lot of memory in general to try and execute. It's clearly no karaoke affair if it still has a rare honor of reducing me to tears out of sheer frustration, and for those purposes I'd love to see other vocalists try it!

The GH5 breakdown will end up coming next week, when hopefully I will be close to done with the tracks of that era.

And so once again I take a little breather prior to the weekend. What will be sent my way prior to then? I don't have a clue yet, but all we gotta do is just hold patience and see what happens

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 36 of 49

Jump to: