SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, got a bit quiet.
But at least I have something else now; a little dance step closer to the FGFC, thanks in part to my red shoes dancing the blues. >_>
First post ;)

---

Update: January 24th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Hard to See (YT | DM)
DLC: Here It Goes Again (YT | DM)
WT Import: Livin' on a Prayer | Soul Doubt

Well, I know it's Monday and we went a whole week without updates, but like I said, they're gonna be kind of slacked a little bit now. xP It was even evident on my Friday stream; I initially wanted to cut back on those two, but there was still demand on there.
And what did I do? Have a play on Donkey Kong Country Returns and offer my thoughts on the levels I played.

Anyway, the videos recently. There were 2 birthday shoutouts last week - one for SuperSonicLink, and the other for dogfoodnyc. So there I had a little madness with them bot, and threw in a little WT coverage in the process.

So on the BH XGuitar process, it's slow coverage mind you; only got these two recently.

"Let's Dance" - Doesn't deserve the 2 it was tagged with; the solo at the end was a little challenging, and it was still one that I was glad to obtain right in the end.
"Rock Star" - Sightread FC. xP

I had tried for "Rio" for some time beforehand, but frustrations that I won't mention here caused me to prematurely stop grinding for it. Maybe once I get a better mind set, I should be able to try again.

On that note, I'll see you all again later. Stream is as normal this coming Friday

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll get your first FGFC that isn't for Vox or Bass soon.

EDIT: Like I said earlier, soon you will also end up getting your first X+ OMBFC. (Also I refuse to call them OWBFC's or OGBFC's as it's "man" in "human," like it says in inv4der's sig.)

EDIT 2: Sorry about bugging you about the Black Keys on that stream. I just really want you to listen to the Black Keys.

EDIT 3: Can you start your streams at like 3:30 GMT -5 (you can use a time zone converter)? I need time to prepare.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, it's ok about the Black Keys; it was heat of the moment stuff :P but it'll happen some night or other.

Anyway, a X+ drum FC is definitely not happening yet and neither is a 8:30PM my-time start for stream, I would never start any later than 3PM EST anyway, due to situations here at home.

But oh well, a double dose of 30 Seconds to Mars is on the front page, as well as an FC that had to be obtained only one way... and never another. I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha... ._.
Anyway, first post and I'll see you on stream!

---

Update: January 28th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Children of the Grave
DLC: Attack (YT | DM)
WT: The Kill (YT | DM) | Mountain Song

Ok, another set of vids for another weekend.
expertwin's requests keep flying around endlessly, and two more songs from his demand for moar 30stm ended up coming through on my YT channel this week. I don't care if it's emo - it fits my voice quite well, thank you.
And for the lulz... lol ozzy and lolJA. I guess I'm not quite up to mind right now xP

Alas... no new guitar FCs this week.
But I was thrown into a mammoth task on itself. I had stated for months that this particular brand of vox FC was proven impossible, especially with how bad the chart translated from one game to another.
Yet in the end... I somehow got it:

And it's been video'd too! I should hopefully be able to have it up whenever possible

And so, be prepared for stream tonight. Remember, we're back on our regular schedule, so meet you there!

Last edited by Wooffus on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Naw, it's ok about the Black Keys; it was heat of the moment stuff :P but it'll happen some night or other.

Anyway, a X+ drum FC is definitely not happening yet and neither is a 8:30PM my-time start for stream, I would never start any later than 3PM EST anyway, due to situations here at home.

But oh well, a double dose of 30 Seconds to Mars is on the front page, as well as an FC that had to be obtained only one way... and never another. I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha... ._.
Anyway, first post and I'll see you on stream!

Again great job on finally getting that song.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol thanks, painful song was indeed painful x) so I can be glad to somehow finally conquer it there.

Alas, could only get so far on the guitar front but will still need to slack off a little there due to leagues. Still, all shennanigans from the past week including the stream's log and Kire's Heartbreaker XGtr FC are all on the first post.
I guess all that's being done are going to burn up to the seams... like gasoline

---

Update: February 6th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: It's Only Another Parsec...
WT Import: Love Spreads | One Way or Another (YT | DM)
DLC: From Yesterday (YT | DM)

Another weekend, another irregular weekend, but something nevertheless.
Admittedly, my moods wee brought ridiculously far down on Friday, which meant I was in no position to stream anything. But I did manage to get some vids together somehow.
I reflect on the dare to get OWOA in the GH5-era engine, and at the same time I finish off the 30 Seconds to Mars pack request, so thanks again for that. xP

And yes, as promised I have last week's stream log here:

1. Upon booting up the game, it went straight through the randomiser and it just so happened the first song that ended up getting picked was "Blue Orchid" (GH5 Import).
  2. Not long after a very random Team Rocket reference (wtf Stormi?), the randomiser was fed through again while waiting for others. Cue a run on "Aqualung" with slight ending lyric differences... and a phone call in the middle.
  3. Requests were then starting to be taken, many of these from the European viewers:
    - "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (90s Rock)
    - "Wings of a Butterfly" (Jan MP)
    - "Love Song" (WoR TP)
  4. Going dy again, the randomiser then picked "Bag It Up" (Dig Out Your Soul), and peoples' general distate for Oasis soon escalated into a discussion on whether Justin Bieber is considered worse than them (and I'm sure you know my feelings -_-).
  5. Many requests then followed after that:
    - "Welcome to the Black Parade" (My Chemical Romance, and I bet kire wants me to sing it every time now xP)
    - "(No More) Paddy's Lament" (Flogging Molly; am I ever going to FC this in this engine? ._.)
    - "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly)
    - "Bad Moon Rising" (Creedance Clearwater Revival)
    - "Southtown" (P.O.D.)
    - "Youth of the Nation" (P.O.D. again)
    - "Fat Lip" (Sum 41)
    - "Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd... complete with epic last phrase choke X_X)
    - "Tuesday's Gone" (GH:M import)
  6. Kire then was up for playing, so while waiting around I took the randomiser one last spin, landing on "Adam's Song" (Blink 182).
  7. Then came the co-op time between us both. Here's what we ended up doing together:
    - "Spoonman" (Telephantasm, and lol, apparently kire's SR on guita was a little bizarre)
    - "Heartbreaker" (WT Import... with co-op FC; kire's first FC on guitar!!)

- "Re-Education Through Labor" (WT Import, co-op FC #2)

- "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" (BH Import)
    - "We've Got a Situation Here" (Jan MP, and both our runs were pretty lulzy xP
    - "Tones of Home"
    - "Poison" (WoR TP, co-op FC #3)

- "Do It Again" (WT Import; damnit verse 3 choke on Kire's part o_O)
    - "Black Cat" (BH Import; awww, Kire got a -1)
    - "Nothing to Say" (WoR TP; lol it gets used a lot)
    - "Bloodmeat" (Knuckle Sandwich)
    - "Afterlife" (Avenged Sevenfold, and apparently this one ended prematurely due to Kire leaving.. o_O)
  8. It was back to the randomiser again to try and start things up again, and it ended up going through it twice, coming out with:
    - "Well Thought Out Twinkles" (Silversun Pickups)
    - "The Thing That Should Not Be" (GHM Import)
    - Then people started asking for the 'easiest pitched song'; I still believed it was 2112 part 1, but people were more clamoring over "Beautiful Mourning" (GHM Import), so I went there.
    - The time then came to go and close it down, hence a run on "Buried Myself Alive" (Jan MP) from the randomiser... lolwut, it's alright but not really sure if I wanted to end there.
    - Then to truly end it, I then went for "Closer" (Jan MP) and claimed the top of the leaderboard position. Bring on the leagues!

Thanks for the attendance, was neat for what came around

So, anything that I ended up doing throughout the week? Well, 2 more BH XGuitar FCs went down:

"Gasoline" - One of the three annoying ones went down. Thank goodness the verses AND the ending finally cooperated together to provide that run.
"Steal My Kisses" - Kinda easy, but also kinda long too, so who knows. Didn't want to end the FGFC on this anyway, lol ben harper xP

I even tried "Rio" again; even on one run I got past verse 3B, only to choke in the ending >_> Don't worry, I think I'll get it soon, though it may take a bit longer due to me spending more time on Leagues this month.

Even more hilarious... "Monkey Gone to Heaven" OMBFC? Not happening. Why? Red roll in Chorus 3. Too tight for me to hit at all. Oh well, it was a weird gesture. x_X

So yeah, I'm set for the DLC this month, even though I have a gut feeling that I'm really not going to enjoy being underwhelmed as a vocalist and having my fingers broken elsewhere. But still, I have a gut feeling that the Firewind track would at least be cool, so no big deal

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you might want to cut back on Nothing To Say. There's already a video on YT and DM, and I think you ended up using it on streams a lot of times ever since it was released as DLC. Also the FGFC is almost in your hands ;).

voidedalive2x wrote:
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, it's actually fun for a whle band xP That's why I like playing it so much!

But this is most likely the time when with one series being axed, I steadily trickle down to a halt. But you know, like living dead, we ain't gonna die.... yet!
First post, and I'll see you on stream in 15 min

---

Update: February 11th 2011

Video Features:

WoR: Scumbag Blues
WT Import: Shiver
DLC (February Mega-Pack - Part I): Black Sunday | Living Dead Beat (YT | DM)

Well, I guess everyone heard the news earlier this week.
And of course, for most of the time I ended up falling into one ridiculous panic. "Is there still DLC? Yes, thank god there's DLC..." "...wait, no more DLC coming?! Help, nothing new anymore..." "I should go for any pre-existing goals... "...but still, I'm out of touch with music, I'm gonna stick in the past..." and it keeps going on and on like this.
So I guess for this weekend, this is when I cover the recently released DLC as normal, and at the same time throw in some of my favorites along them. Of course expect them to be decently tierred on vocals, so who knows.

In regards to my time here, I'll write a better eulogy when my head is running clear. But I'm saying here and now that I won't be leaving SH for some time, as there's still a sweet community here and great links with people in spite of this grim outlook. Course, my time on the GH side is cut limited now but there are a few links that are definitely keeping me here, the key ones being brought up here -

* The Vocals TS&G sub-forum, where I'll be on hand to be involved in any discussions there that arise. We may see a challenger next week, next month, next year... hell, maybe even in 20 years time, but I'll still be on hand to get involved whenever I can.
* The progress of others. Sure, mine's about to come to a grinding halt, but I'm pretty sure there'll be many others hoping to claim new goals. By examples, I still believe Arvain can get the HOMBFSFC, I believe dr00bles can re-claim the vox FSFC now that he's returned (go see his run on "Uprising" ), and I believe we may even see a drum FSFC somewhere. I guess we just need a second person to FC "Space Truckin'" or George to finally get "War Ensemble", but we'll see what happens.
* The last bits of non-vox progress that I can squeeze out, most notably my progress on Band Hero XGuitar, which I'm very close to sealing btw. I'm pretty sure this would be terminated faster than the other two at any rate.

Talking of which:

Finally, the last two PITAs are down!

"Rio" - Yep, I did the staccato parts on Sax Solo B with two hands, treating the guitar like a proper sax in a way. On many runs beforehand, it was the one part I was more likely to trip up on this song, and once I finally got that AND verse 3B together for a second time (lol ending choke the first time last week), it's fair to say that it would finally all come crashing down.
"In a Big Country" - The chord sections are still a pain, and the result of many of my chokes. So I guess eventually, boss's awkward tip of of "less fingers, more wrists" had to come in play. And somehow, it seemed to work out:

- - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - -
34 23 12 34 23 12 23 | 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 | 34 23 12 34 23 12 23 | 23 12 12 23 12 12 12

The sliding down the fret method here appears to be a crude one, but it's one that somehow got the job done. This is coming from someone that had to use 2 hands for "YMCA" in the end when most can manage just fine with 1.

Alas, 2 songs short of a FGFC now, and I'm all set to finish it off!

Anyway, I'll see you on my stream. It would also most likely be my last one in this current format, but we've no idea what will happen from here on out. Let's see what we can make of it

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
lilirock  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 63 out of 65 expert guitar FCs??! :O! I've missed out way too much here Awesome job! You know you're closer than I've ever been to a FGFC on guitar! You can definitely get the last ones, nothing can stop you I'm sure! I actually got Band Hero for Christmas, but didn't really start playing it yet.. I might do that soon

Keep it up

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your stream. Still, great job on the BH FGFC Progress.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got all the time in the world for that now Lili Heya!
And I'm sure there's no stopping you from probably getting a FGFC youself somewhere one of these days, even if it's probably something like Aerosmith. I've seen you grow a lot and I'm sure you've got the confidence to do well

And I guess... it actually happened. We've taken whatever possible, and I guess what stands in the middle is someone that could very well be loved after it... or so we hear.
First post

---

Update: 12th February 2011

Video Features:

WT: Escuela de Calor
DLC (February Mega-Pack - Part II): Crazy Horse | Tourniquet (YT | DM) | Was It Worth It?

The second update featuring this month's DLC. And I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for hosting ANY Marilyn Manson song on YT now, but I can't resist it after how much of a kick in the teeth that particular track was. Still made for a very interesting chart nevertheless.

But that's not the main point of this thread. It was a goal that I had strived for since somehow getting that OMBFC on "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", and had been going for it in parts over the past 2 and a half months or so. And today, I have finally succeeded!!

"Take What You Take" - Had several occasions in which Chous 3 caught me off-guard. But once I got the rhythm for the transition into there from the bridge, I guess the FC was pretty much required now.
"She Will Be Loved" - idk how I chose to end on Maroon 5, but it was there, and it's pretty, and made a sweet conclusion to this goal.

So yes, BAND HERO XGUITAR FGFC!! I'll bring down the bass/guitar combo banner soon enough and link it, like all the other banners that are still waiting to get put in here xP

With that goal off the list, I guess I'll be looking at any minor tasks if possible now. Due to this climate, no longer will the cries of "you suck" try to put a dent in me, as they already suck for even saying that someone else sucks. (you try saying that 6 times fast!)

I'll be back tomorrow though for another link into the Feb MP.

And just for the record, there is no stream log because I didn't play GH at all last night! Oh well, it was still epic nevertheless, so thanks to all attendees

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
You got all the time in the world for that now Lili Heya!
And I'm sure there's no stopping you from probably getting a FGFC youself somewhere one of these days, even if it's probably something like Aerosmith. I've seen you grow a lot and I'm sure you've got the confidence to do well

And I guess... it actually happened. We've taken whatever possible, and I guess what stands in the middle is someone that could very well be loved after it... or so we hear.
First post

Great job .

EDIT: Manson isn't THAT bad. Why do they get a lot of hate?

voidedalive2x wrote:
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF

I didn't know you were a guitar hero as well!

Congrats - a XGuitar FGFC on any game is truly an amazing feat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on BH guitar! You now have more FGFCs on that game then me! Truly amazing triple FGFC. Wanna own drums now too?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyyyy, looks like someone in here really deserved that gtr fgfc after all the effort put in it ! Very nice !! No matter how much easier this game is compared to the others, it still has a bunch of very annoying songs to get !

Badass !

Also, now every new drum fc on this game = omb fc even more badass ! Go get at least half game on drums, how far are you from that ?
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really amazing! Felicitaciones on your 1st tri-instrument FGFC! Time to rejoice, take a breather, 'cause I guess that was one hell of a ride, and you deserved what you got!

And out of curiosity, if there wasn't a stream log because you played "the other game" (xD), can there be a stream log on your blue side thread?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: