SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How long can you hold your breath?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelchr wrote:

No comment on your middle school "activities", however I'm pretty sure your body wouldn't allow you to pass out. I'm pretty sure you brain would go into "over ride" and it would make you breath, whether you wanted to or not

You can pass out from not breathing, but you will involuntarily begin breathing again upon doing so.

47 seconds. Out of shape, I know.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
wheelchr  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
1:00 Sorry I'm not super-human like everyone else on the Internet claims to be...

There is absolutely no reason that any of us would lie. Especially over something as dumb as holding your breath...
GenericName wrote:
You people are crazy, I only got 30 seconds.
Maybe that's why I suck at running, lol.

Yeah, maybe... lol
directshot999 wrote:
41 seconds, and I run track .
Oh well, my heart rate of 51 still astounds people...

41 seconds, really?
But the 51 heart rate is crazy! Something about that doesn't sound like it is healthy... lol
googleimage wrote:
Federal officials are currently investigating a suffocation epidemic surrounding the popular gaming website ScoreHero.com. Insiders believe that the 14 members who suffered fatalities due to oxygen shortage were all frequent users of their General Chat board.
When forum administrator JCirri was asked by police for a statement, he replied "An anti-suffocation solution is in development, but don't hold your breath."

Made me laugh, thank you.
sorasgoof wrote:
47 seconds. Out of shape, I know.

Its not too bad.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart rates are very subjective. For example, my sitting heart rate is about 60. After sprinting for a minute, it jumps all the way to about 220. Then after a minute of resting, it comes back down to normal.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
wheelchr  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Heart rates are very subjective. For example, my sitting heart rate is about 60. After sprinting for a minute, it jumps all the way to about 220. Then after a minute of resting, it comes back down to normal.

Yeah, but you also have a hole in your heart... not sure what that has to do with anything but w/e. How long can you hold your breath OYE?
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:25 and i'm a smoker lol. good time for me though

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelchr wrote:
Fhdra wrote:
1:00 Sorry I'm not super-human like everyone else on the Internet claims to be...

There is absolutely no reason that any of us would lie. Especially over something as dumb as holding your breath...

Edited because I don't wanna cause a shitstorm...

OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelchr wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:

Yeah, but you also have a hole in your heart... not sure what that has to do with anything but w/e. How long can you hold your breath OYE?

About a minute-thirty.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around 50 seconds is the longest I've gone, IIRC.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+: I do hot yoga about twice a week. It really helps with breathing (and other stuff) in general. Also, I've never touched tobacco in my life.
-: I'm 31 years old, 5'5" and 225.

Result: 01:17.6.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
41 seconds, and I run track .

Oh well, my heart rate of 51 still astounds people...
42 SECONDS BIATCH!

Yeah, pretty bad considering I play basketball...
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I routinely do this during class to pass the time...yep my lifes that pitiful haha.
In general i stop a little past 2:30 but one time i had a helluva great run where i made it to 3:12 before needing another breath. My proudest moment of my freshman year of college

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's some discrepancy between people who hyperventilate before holding their breath and those who don't. If you hyperventilate, your blood CO2 level drops like a stone, and it's a high blood CO2 concentration that stimulates your urge to breathe. Take a few (~8-10) quick but deep breaths before you hold your breath and your time will go up by quite a lot.

1:03 without hyperventilation for me, 1:22 with. But I'm not that physically fit.

Disclaimer: I do not necessarily condone or advise recreational hyperventilation, and if you stroke out or something, it's not my fault.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
I think there's some discrepancy between people who hyperventilate before holding their breath and those who don't. If you hyperventilate, your blood CO2 level drops like a stone, and it's a high blood CO2 concentration that stimulates your urge to breathe. Take a few (~8-10) quick but deep breaths before you hold your breath and your time will go up by quite a lot.

1:03 without hyperventilation for me, 1:22 with. But I'm not that physically fit.

Disclaimer: I do not necessarily condone or advise recreational hyperventilation, and if you stroke out or something, it's not my fault.

Wow, this actually works! I got 1:31 with doing it, and without, I struggled to make a minute.
MOPP  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1:20 and I'm a smoker, and fairly unhealthy. Actually quite impressed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 1:10...Better than I thought it would be but I could probably go for longer since I only stopped due to it becoming uncomfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: