ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - FC Breakdown Project - Thread 4 *COMPLETE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. But in this case where people are asking how Reptilia can be considered easy, I have to chime in.

All these people, including yourself, are doing exactly what you said in taking personal strength and weaknesses into account on how difficult the songs are to them now. To me, that's too biased. The statistics are an average of peoples strengths and weaknesses and don't take into account personal biases for all the songs. If you really want to create an accurate breakdown from easiest to hardest FC it has to be based on will the average person find this or that harder.

And this particular case, Repitilia is obviously an easier song for the average person.

There are holes, i admit, with the statistics (HiC for example) which is where the more heated debates will come in and will be the meat and potatoes of this thread as to why it's relevant over the FC statistics.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
trevster10  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I do. But in this case where people are asking how Reptilia can be considered easy, I have to chime in.

All these people, including yourself, are doing exactly what you said in taking personal strength and weaknesses into account on how difficult the songs are to them now. To me, that's too biased. The statistics are an average of peoples strengths and weaknesses and don't take into account personal biases for all the songs. If you really want to create an accurate breakdown from easiest to hardest FC it has to be based on will the average person find this or that harder.

And this particular case, Repitilia is obviously an easier song for the average person.

There are holes, i admit, with the statistics (HiC for example) which is where the more heated debates will come in and will be the meat and potatoes of this thread as to why it's relevant over the FC statistics.

I can agree with this.

I just want to make sure everyone isn't going "Oh. That one has a higher percentage rate, it's probably the next easiest." If everyone does that, then we aren't really getting anywhere.

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis doesn't even have to involve personal bias!

The two main hard parts in Reptilia are both objectively and subjectively harder than pretty much everything in Anarchy and Miss Murder!

Reptilia's pre-chorus chord changes have their competitor with Miss Murder's Chorus chord-changes, but those are edged by the add difficulty of switching from doing chords to single notes, and from switching chords all over the place, while Miss Murder's chords generally have a fret you can hold down most of the time, and are arguably comparatively simple. Anarchy has some odd chord-changes, but they aren't objectively difficult enough to be considered.

Reptilia's chorus note-changing again has it's best competitor with Miss Murder's post-chorus 1 strumming (and the outro strumming, I suppose). Here, the only thing that Miss Murder can possible up Reptilia on is the fact that PC1 strumming can sound rather off-time which can trip up newcomers. Anarchy has the quick hammer-ons as well, which are far more numerous than anything in Reptilia or Miss murder and are faster than nearly all sections except the sweeps in Reptilia's solo (confirm this?), but the way they're placed around the RY chords means you can just 11 slide or play 12 to hit them, while Reptilia requires you to go all over the frets, just like with the pre-chorus chords.

No, I cannot see any objective reason why Reptilia is the easier song for the average person.

(Oh, and Spoon, I'm still standing by my vote that Anarchy is the easiest choice, in case you're confused about that.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptilia. It REALLY isn't that hard. There's no way that Reptilia's prechorus chord changes with single notes can be considered harder than Miss Murder's or AitUK's chord changes lol, plus Interlude 2 strumming in Miss Murder was incredibly hard when I tried to FC it because of the stupid hammerons

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'd like to do something.

Look at the votes :

Reptilia: 9
01) Shaffx95
02) ElementOfZero
03) VeryMetalChewie
04) ready2rock
05) Bulblax
06) greenbaymackey
07) Noite
08) Vigarde
09) yksi-kaksi-kolme

Anarchy In The UK: 6
01) darkshad0w
02) THABEAST721
03) voidedalive2x
04) trevster10
05) Naruto42
06) PiemanLK

Miss Murder: 2
01) briland
02) werelord

Sunshine Of Your Love: 2
01) SpoonMan
02) JosephL

She Bangs The Drums: 2
01) ThunderAlex
02) Jleggy12

I think only Reptilia or Anarchy can win this round.
So I'd like everyone who voted for another song to choose the easiest between Reptilia and Anarchy. I really think it can be useful.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
briland  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, i'll agree with that. As I found it quite a toss up between reptillia and miss murder anyways. I personally can't understand how Anarchy is easier than the other three songs that have been voted for anyways.

Change my vote to reptilia.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's out of Reptilia & Anarchy in the UK now...I think it would be Reptilia from me since I remember Anarchy in the UK being FC'ed quite late on when I was going for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 for Reptilia and 6 for Anarchy... The margin is there now.

Should we vote on the next question or wait for SpoonMan ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto42 wrote:
Should we vote on the next question or wait for SpoonMan ?

I'm waiting for Spoony so I don't confuse him.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptilia is easiest.

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Goho  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptilia for sure,
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

Okay, looking over Anarchy's chart, I'll concede that it's not up for debate yet.

However, I still find Reptilia's two hard parts harder than pretty much everything in Miss Murder (EXCEPT interlude 2, but not enough), so my vote gets switched to Miss murder.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptilia. Definitely.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchy In The UK: 5
01) darkshad0w
02) THABEAST721
03) trevster10
04) Naruto42
05) PiemanLK

Miss Murder: 2
01) werelord
02) voidedalive2x

Reptilia: 14
01) Shaffx95
02) ElementOfZero
03) VeryMetalChewie
04) ready2rock
05) Bulblax
06) greenbaymackey
07) Noite
08) Vigarde
09) yksi-kaksi-kolme
10) briland
11) FL4RE
12) Jellu
13) Goho
14) PuppetMaster9

Sunshine Of Your Love: 2
01) SpoonMan
02) JosephL

She Bangs The Drums: 2
01) ThunderAlex
02) Jleggy12

glad to see you've been busy while I was drunk. there's no way reptilia is easier than sunshine.... but you guys voted and there it goes. next vote starting now.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
trevster10  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarchy in the U.K., for reasons previously stated on Page 74.

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 76 of 168

Jump to: