ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Free Rocktober Pack out Now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:
I'm not sure if everyone read the press release, but it's only free for one week. Then I assume everyone else gets it.

Activision wrote:
Additionally, the Rocktober track pack will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 for 440 Microsoft Points or as singles for 160 Microsoft Points each.

Uhh.. nope. What the hell?! First it's free for only a week and then you have the cheek to ONLY sell this on 360?! OK, Activision, just how much did M$ pay you? I would've so bought the Muse track.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:
I'm not sure if everyone read the press release, but it's only free for one week. Then I assume everyone else gets it.

Everyone else...on Xbox. Not a single mention of PS3/Wii owners.

Although IIRC three of the Rolling Stones live songs were 360-exclusive until January 2010 (at least in Europe). And don't forget All You Need Is Love on TBRB. So there's hope yet.

Last edited by DVDSmith on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kire  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii getting ripped off...

seriously we can get the telephantasm as singles already, what are you gonna do, have 2 uploaded versions of telephantasm or give us some payed dlc that was once free on the other consoles? seriously wtf

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
Wii getting ripped off...

seriously we can get the telephantasm as singles already, what are you gonna do, have 2 uploaded versions of telephantasm or give us some payed dlc that was once free on the other consoles? seriously wtf

That's a very good point. The press release says '18 new tracks for GH WoR' when in fact only six are new and the rest are Telephantasm being released as singles.

Which leaves Wii with a grand total of three new tracks for the month of October. Rocktober indeed.

Edit: Press release also states that the Rocktober track pack will be 480 MSP after one week. So technically, it's not Nintendo screwing with us, it's just Activision.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, there's no wonder why people are telling you to jump ship if you're continually unhappy with it. Sure, we may have got the short end of the stick for this month, but remember that it's not just us - even the PS3 crowd have got it thin too. Just appreciate what you've got and move on.

Besides, even if the pack ever came to the Wii, I would've only wanted that Disturbed track. You know my feelings for the other two bands way too well -.-

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im ok with the exclusive for a week, but after that, you better release it for everyone else goddamnit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not have this thread turn into a console war.

It is what it is. I know it sucks but there's nothing that can be gained by shitting all over the DLC thread.

I still have to chuckle to myself though how people were asking HMX folks constantly about where the Muse is and over here we get FREE Muse. Hoping for a Muse pack but this is great too.

Rocky Horror is super LOL. Now if only we can get something from Repo! The Genetic Opera. Good month despite Telephantasm counting as another week of DLC. It okay, as I still have at least 250 songs of my old songs I need to play through for stars. :p

Ah well, I'll have some extra cash to see what RB3 has for me.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
NMC2008  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big deal for me as I just got a Wii(not for GH lol) and I am playing WOR, DR2 and Castlevania, and then I get DJ HERO 2 next week, so I won't miss DLC for October, but of course, that's just me, but I will make time for the Rocky Horror DLC.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Lets not have this thread turn into a console war.

It is what it is. I know it sucks but there's nothing that can be gained by shitting all over the DLC thread.

I still have to chuckle to myself though how people were asking HMX folks constantly about where the Muse is and over here we get FREE Muse. Hoping for a Muse pack but this is great too.

Rocky Horror is super LOL. Now if only we can get something from Repo! The Genetic Opera. Good month despite Telephantasm counting as another week of DLC. It okay, as I still have at least 250 songs of my old songs I need to play through for stars. :p

Ah well, I'll have some extra cash to see what RB3 has for me.

God... please... no. Someone recently made me sit through that. We weren't on speaking terms for a good while. And I consider myself a fan of musicals. It was like... they couldn't quite do the musical aspect of it right... they couldn't quite do the acting right... and they couldn't quite get the dark sinister part right... then the sum of all those parts was horrible. Just my opinion though I suppose.

In any case, if that's what comes out I'll just pass it up. I won't baw about it. Like these people bawwing that MCR is in... a free track pack? Really? You're complaining about that? lol You don't have to pay for it. Stop bitching.

In addition: I find it lulzy how spoiled we've become with DLC. Remember when these games were PS2 exclusives? Remember when we paid $60 for 30 songs on GH:80's? Remember when GH1 was all covers in the main setlist? Its going to be OK, kids. Please don't cry too much.

We'll be lucky to get another main release ever again with as much heart as WOR has.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Activision/whoever chooses the DLC, free Muse is great, and I love the new MCR song, but why can't we have full-fledged packs from these artists? Please? I'll even pay for them! Don't you like money?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or isn't it available for EU yet?
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not able to download it. Keep getting errors. Anyone else getting this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Repo! The Genetic Opera.

God... please... no. Someone recently made me sit through that. We weren't on speaking terms for a good while. And I consider myself a fan of musicals. It was like... they couldn't quite do the musical aspect of it right... they couldn't quite do the acting right... and they couldn't quite get the dark sinister part right... then the sum of all those parts was horrible. Just my opinion though I suppose.

Haha for me it was so outrageous I had to laugh (not to mention the movie was incredibly low budget and then got totally ripped off by Repo Men). I watched a Shadow Cast of it at the Alamo Drafthouse, so everyone was drunk and making fun of the movie while we watched it. It was HILARIOUS. There's no way we'd ever get DLC though, but it would be funny if we did.

Edit: Pack worked just fine for me.

Edit 2: Also I just now realized that with Hot Patootie we are geting some Meat Loaf. All I can say is "about time." My husband is the biggest Meat Loaf fanatic I know, and we'll probably have fun singing that haha.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded and played through the pack on guitar. Have to say, its pretty fun.

Na Na Na is kinda chordy, but its fun, and the solo is very awesome and so much fun.

Resistance has the piano charted to guitar, but its fun and I love the song.

Infection is pretty much what you'd expect from Disturbed, fun guitar chart and fun solo. But the 3 note chord changes in the chorus are annoying, however since its only like a second or 2 in each chorus I can't gripe too much on them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe how incredibly awesome RHPS Pack is going to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: