SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying again:

expertwin: I'll take your thoughts on board, but as tidus said, I'd rather have ads than a load of strikes. ._.

tidus: Eh, it's alright if you didn't catch much. I know youv'e been through a lot too, as pretty much seen over the past few months. We'll get through it together

irving12345: You want tips on YMCA? There's actually a thread about that and Paralyzer in the guitar section of TS&G; you could probably look there for pointers. It's tiring and tricky, but not impossible. o_o

So thanks the three of you. For this update tho, I salute a legend. Little did I know that I would also *lose* a legend not long after getting the FCs. How would I? The first post cries Mary, I believe.

---

Update: December 14th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Burnin' for You | Waidmanns Heil (YT | DM)
DLC: Commotion
WT: Go Your Own Way

Video time again!
So, I guess this time one of the requests was long overdue. I had someone on YT ask for a run on "Waidmanns Heil" and so I thought I'd give it a go, but beware of my very awkward German tongue (remember; my Italian one is much worse). The WT representation came from a lot of overplaying on the radio during the weekend, a chance to show something tricky (though in GH:WoR it actually didn't seem so bad) and something that probably didn't need any more cowbell. Yeah.

And as promised, I knuckled down on Monday and went gung ho into the Jimi Hendrix DLC! After the ghastly experiences I had with "Purple Haze" when going for the FGFC, I thought they were going to scare me to heck and back. Surprisingly, they actually didn't turn out to be all that bad. o_O
Anyway, my thoughts are abound:

"Angel" - Probably the easiest and most melodic one of the entire pack. Has a good "Wind Cries Mary" vibe about it, and a simple structure to boot.
"Fire" - Kinda undercharted IMO. Listening aside, I would've expected a huge amount of pitched phrases to try and learn but with most of them being talkies, it kind of ended up being a little disappointing. No worries.
"Foxey Lady" - Can't remember too much about this one, aside from it being the first of the pack to pack a decent challenge. That, and I completely messed up the last freeform when I got it. >_>
"Freedom" - Trickiest song in the entire pack partially due to short phrases and some warbling. I actually found it quite fun to try and learn, no question about it.
"If 6 Was 9" - Pretty much the most bullshit chart in the pack, with some notes ending up being incorrectly charted, particularly in the choruses and second verse. But let's just say that after the second chorus, the FC is practically yours.
"Little Wing" - Not a lot to learn, though what there is could throw you off if you're not on track. Kind of a trickier Jimi (in the reggae pack) if you ask me, hence that makes this just slightly anti-climatic. o_O

And I guess that's the WT-exclusive DLC taken care of! I guess what's remaining on the WT side could be seen as a cakewalk unless I see any further problems. Hey, with "Commotion" being a pain in the ass through Band Hero, you never know.

I would want to have strength to continue with Band Hero guitar, but with the recent news of a pet death in the household - Pepsi, the elder of my two cats - I don't think I have the incentive to continue just yet. I would try and go for smaller things before I try again, but it all depends on what I can pull off between now and the weekend, if anything.

For now, I'll see you later sometime.

[This update is archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on finally getting rid of the Hendrix songs! Looking at your DLC list on the front you've practically FCed ALL of the DLC! That shows insane vocal skills (and an insane amount of money to spend). Now get going and finish off that DLC!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to finish it off, Were. It'll be set by the New Year, let me assure you :3

Anyway, moving on. It's been a week since my last update, and as much of a break I wanted to take due to what happened last week, I surely couldn't miss my first anniversary here :3 A small handful of BH XGtr FCs, plus some vox vids, shows that I may have been very ape while I've been gone. Or something.
First post

---

Update: December 21st 2010

Video Features:

WoR: How You Remind Me | What Do I Get?
DLC: Very Ape (YT | DM)
WT Import: Re-Education (Through Labor)

Yeah, I guess it's been a week since I last updated. A lot indeed went on from my non-SH life, for better (Eagle Tower ftw) or for worse (still missing you Pepsi... ). But I'll try and squeeze in at least 2 more updates before Christmas including this one, because I know they still seemed to be somewhat of the more "special" variety.

So here's to 2 more GH:WoR FCs, an import, and one of expertwin's many ridonkulous requests, although this was one of the more fun Nirvana songs to me in spite of it being so short. The rest will steadily come along as they see fit, no doubt about it.

I managed to fit in a handful more BH XGuitar FCs, though nothing all *too* exciting given that I didn't want any more added strain this week. Here's what I got:

"Bring Me to Life" - My dad ruined a brilliant sightread FC by stepping in front of me during the "frozen inside without your touch" line. But the chordy nature still was a fiddly one to get used to, and yet I still say it was taken down quickly.
"If You Could Only See" - Verse 1 is the real problem area, and I guess the solo almost caught me out too after I finally nailed it. Kinda good and relaxing tho.
"Santa Monica" - Trickier solo meant for a weirder FC. I thought I was going to fluke it altogether, but oh well.
"When I'm Gone" - I say that this was my best one of the night given some of the fast extended sustains and some of the weirder flurishes in the solo. Felt good nevertheless, but who doesn't like 3 Doors Down anyway?

And with this post, I can say that I have spent a full year on ScoreHero!
I have practically come from a single FGFC on GHSH all the way through to almost clearing everything on vocals; goes to show that I seemed kind of dominant a lot throughout the year, to be sure.
Even with it starting to get quiet on that side, who knows, I may be able to get there on other instruments too. BH XGuitar is taking shape, I have 2 bass FGFCs under my belt, and I FINALLY made the jump up to Expert Drums during the spring (even though there are still some songs I can't pass there). I don't know what to expect from myself during the new year, as 2010 already seemed to be an incredible one for me, but we'll see what happens.

I shall return nearer to Christmas Day with an extra special festive gift. Yes, the Kiss-mas pack is getting the shaft due to the Wii glitch; I'll cover it as soon as it's fixed.
Until then, have fun

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
lilirock  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy one year anniversary Wooffus!!

I know I've been REALLY quiet for a couple months.. well since long ago anyway, but I've still been lurking and checking out on your progress and always impressive accomplishment I'm excited to see your BH XGtr FC quest, that's really awesome, and you already have a lot!! I actually asked for Band Hero from Christmas >_> I want a FGFC too ;)

Keep it up and happy holidays!!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about the Kiss-mas pack anyway? :p Regardless, happy SH Birthday! I look forward to seeing what you can squeeze out of this year and what you'll do in the next!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry about Pepsi. But happy 1st SH anniversary! Hoping for more anniversaries, if your interest keeps living on and on...

I can see how awesome this year was for you, gaming-wise, and that's great. You've been even waging FGFC campaigns out of your main area on GH!

Anyway, the DLC FCing is close to complete (even with the KISS-Mas issue), so is BH Guitar. Keep truckin'!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy one year anniversarry

I know i've said this lots of times, but thinking about then and now is always a fun concept, because then you must not have expected to obtain what you have now.

Don't worry, i'm not dead, I just haven't got around to popping on this forum much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replying to all:

lilirock: Long time no see too! I guess I was more of a lurker over the past 2 months either way as well, so I guess we both have our moments. And yes, for a guitarist like you I'm sure you'll get BH no problem; dare you to try and do "American Pie" piano-style tho

Werelord: SH birthday... lol, yeah I guess I could's seen it in that amusing light :P I'll see what I can do, to be sure. Should probably calm down at some point tho o_O

tidus: As far as I'm concerned, my interest will live as long as there's stuff left to do. Over the course of the next year I am still keen to evaluate any further DLC packs, though anything outside of then remains to be seen. I'll keep truckin' alright

chaosfreak07: I know, we are people at the end of the day. I can't believe that one minute I'd be straining to adapt to a new engine, the next I guess I got a sharp mind to try and get around any issues. You never know what will happen

And on that note, twas the night before Christmas (at least not on my country anymore), and all through the house... not an artist was playing, not even Modest Mouse.
The Wii was left firm in my cabinet with care, knowing that Gene Simmons... would soon be there.

Yep, somehow I got the Kiss pack to work, though downloaded to a different SD card. xP You can see my full thoughts on the first post!

--

Update: December 24th 2010 (Christmas Eve!!)

Video Features:

WT: Beat It | Scream Aim Fire
DLC (Kiss-Mas): Calling Dr. Love | Detroit Rock City (YT | DM)

Well, Christmas Eve night already.
So I guess tonight's update is part DLC, and part on-disc stuff. One song was done for someone's birthday yesterday *party*, and the other song... well, I hosted TTFAF last year at that time, so it's fair that we get something similarly as epic for vocalists. Michael Jackson time xP

And yes... I actually played the Kiss DLC tracks and lived to tell the tale!
Yep, the original "extra-special" vid will be postponed til next week for that reason. I'm sure it'll play a good part in sealing 2010, no matter what. xP
So I thought I would try a method by downloading the tracks onto a blank card and playing them on there. And if I needed to do other songs, I just change to my regular card. I'm sure there'll be a better fix down the line, but it's there for when I need it now.
Anyway, I guess I can make a synopsis on the two non-GHSH tracks there? Yep, definitely won't say a word about "Rock and Roll All Nite" as there's no change from the GHSH chart.

Calling Dr. Love - I guess the nature of this track makes it sound like a lesser-insane Van Halen track somehow. Nothing too hard to try and adapt to, but let me put it here - once again, Time Warp flashback - Beenox charted the harmonies way too high!! I can't hear any chipmunk vocals in the original recording, so why did it have to be charted that way?

Detroit Rock City - A little fiddly and challenging to learn, but it's one of those that are all once you know it it might be elementary. Some of those pitched talkies and harmony figurations may make this a trickier one to remember, but I guess it depends on the person. A good highlight for everyone in the pack nevertheless.

As much as I appreciate Kiss, I'm not really sure if it would've fit the tone of Christmas much, but for a pack it seemed kind of fun to knuckle down. I would say that "Detroit Rock City" would make one of the more fun full-band songs released this year, but if they fix that for the Wii sometime soon I'll be happy to do it with people other than myself alone. Outside from there, it's not bad at all; kind of wish I knew what the Beenox guys were drinking when making the pun.
For now, happy Christmas everyone! I'll hopefully be back here a little later with more stuff done, and I'm still determined to get the last few DLC tracks done before the year is out

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Kiss DLC, but Gene Simmons sounds like a tough singer to match.

Either way, Merry Christmas. Hope you had fun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy SH anniversary and merry (late) Christmas. Sorry about not posting early again but since you know my Wii was in the shop and when I got it back I couldn't stop playing lol

Anyway DLC almost done and BH Guitar coming close to an end as well is a good way to end the year don't you think? :p glad to see that you got the kiss-mass pack to work.

werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry (late) Christmas Wooffus! And nice job on the Kissmas pack.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna make some quick replies out of this lot, lol nearly 3 in the morning >_>

chaosfreak/Werelord: Thanks very much you two, and a happy new year to boot

irving: Well, I don't think that BH guitar will happen at the end of the year; I just want to take as much time as I could out from that. But I'm sure I will keep going with that ^_^

One thing that might very well happen is the DLC conquest, when I end up looming ever so closer. And there are chants for us, baby we were born to run!! >_>
First post I guess...!

---

Update: December 29th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Jet City Woman | Uprising (YT | DM)
DLC: Horse to Water
WT Import: Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast

Well, I guess with a festive holiday it's even more difficult than ever to try and free up any set of time for play, especially if you got people that may look over your shoulder any moment, like my own brother when he stumbled in me attempting one of my last FCs, expecting to see me in front of Donkey Kong Country Returns or something. >_>
But whichever, it comes down to these two last days. If I can get them, then that would be all fine, but it all depends on how it all goes down.
As for vids, I continue with the YT request spree and go with a bit of Muse, then dig in for a little more in the archives. Not too keen on "Uprising" as a track though but it probably ain't that bad is it?

Anyway, had a go at a handful of songs and grabbed a bunch of FCs. Couldn't go any further due to the aforementioned incident, but yeah:

"Debaser" (Pixies) - Lol all-talkies.
"Monkey Gone to Heaven" (Pixies) - You know, if I do do a vid for this on YT (lol received a request to do the entire pack xP), this one's definitely gonna be an OMB vid. I think I can do it
"My Lucky Day" - (Bruce Springsteen) Not sure why this is a 1 - the ending kinda kicked my ass a little bit, but still alright tho.
"Burden in My Hand" - (Telephantasm) Kind of meanders a little bit for a 3, but still fun to belt out.
"The Sad Punk" (Pixies) - First verse caught me out once, but obviously had the most fun to do out of the entire pack and I bet you all know why.
"Blackout" (Linkin Park) - Sung talkies? I don't know really, but at least that made the chart more tolerable than possible tho.
"Degenerated" (European 2) - Can't remember a damn thing about this one. But I do know it went down quickly and didn't seem as hard as the rest of its European TP 2 bretheren.
"No Rain" - Another example of a bad early WT chart. No room to shift makes this hard to keep combo on certain phrases even tho if I can get some individually, and for me that obviously includes the ending. Some long phrases had to be sacrificed just so I can set myself up for the picky phrases that follow.
"Born to Run" (Bruce Springsteen) - Verses that are tricky to remember, sung talkies in the break, plus an off-beat "cause they were tramps like us" line near the end that would leave you struggling if you don't do it right makes this one picky bitch of an FC. But it took me a good half hour anyway, and saw it as a worthwhile challenge.
Not to mention, THIS happened while going for it:

Quadruple zeros ftw. ;)

And with that I am down to the last seven. I'm sure I will work hard in getting them in, I assure you. In the meantime, I'll seeya

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
irving12345  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So seven songs left looks like you've got this conquered great job wooffus I still admire your awesome skills as a vocalis

So youre taking a break from BH guitar till next year I suppose? Good luck with the rest of the songs

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it feels great to see im not the only DLC whore in this place. with only 7 to go (and all the future DLC to come) you can defenetly conquer it ! good luck !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't have all DLC FCd by 2011, you will still be beast by getting it done. Good luck, Bev.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 45 of 49

Jump to: