Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FC #54 in GH3: My Curse
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: FC #54 in GH3: My Curse Reply with quote

Update: February 15th, 2024

Got my 54th FC in GH3: My Curse! I didn't initially think this would be my next FC, but the more I played it, the more I realized the song is mainly a test in stamina, especially for someone like me who barely alt strums. I down strummed pretty much all parts except the chorus, making the outro exceptionally painful and nerve-wracking. Score is shit but whatever.

Update: January 22nd, 2024

Picked up the game for the first time since my last update about three days ago. Decided I had a few unfinished FCs I could grind out. Focused on Black Magic Woman this time around. Kept messing up on the orange notes during the solo (obviously), so tonight I kept practicing that section in practice mode and didn't FC it once. Said screw it and decided to play the song one final time tonight, and the rest is history:

It's funny how easy I've been picking up these FCs during my short, intermittent returns to the game. Teenage me would play constantly and could never accomplish these FCs...maybe I was an idiot. Or maybe playing too much just makes you overthink things. Regardless, I turned 30 in December and my goal is now 60 FCs by the time I turn 40, lmfao.

Update: October 18th, 2022

A new update over 10 years later! I know this site is kinda dead, but I finally got access to this account again and wanted to update my accomplishments thread in proper fashion. Since 2012, I've graduated college, worked for a couple years, got married, graduated law school, had my first kid, passed the bar exam, etc. And in that time, I've barely had time to play video games. However, in July 2021 and October 2022 I dug up my old GH3 disc to take care of unfinished business.

First, in July 2021, right after my bar exam, I was randomly playing Suck My Kiss and FCed it completely unexpectedly, cementing my 50th FC in the game. Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the SP paths, so my score was terrible.

Next, just a few days ago, an old high school friend was visiting my house, and we started playing the game. And again, I unexpectedly FCed Kool Thing for the first time. FC #51.

It's interesting that these FCs came so easy when I tried so hard to get them in my younger years and consistently failed. I think being calmer and having no expectations actually helped me concentrate better and finally get these overdue FCs done. Next on my radar, if I find time to play again, is Rock You Like a Hurricane.

Update: May 8th, 2012
Painkiller Outro FC:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJGUBS8DYkQ

Update: April 20th, 2012

TIES THAT BIND DRUM FC:

Update: April 3rd, 2012

PSYCHOSOCIAL DRUM FC:

Update: March 19th, 2012

Hey guys. I've been primarily playing drums these past 2 months (although I only get to play about once a week). I've gotten some okay FCs such as Bodies and 2112 Part 5. My latest achievement was today when I got -3 on Psychosocial. Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsO3dj84Q3M

I might go for the FC, and I'm attempting to FC Holy Wars and Nemesis as well.

Update: February 4th, 2012

So, I got a new Guitar Hero drumset a little while back, and I've decided that I'm going to go for some drum FCs. I started playing World Tour last night and got close to B.Y.O.B. I'm also very close to FCing Sudden Death. I can't play Expert+ since I don't have double bass pedals, but I still find Expert to be a little challenging.

B.Y.O.B. run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYmJqQBIxQ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: HALLOWEEN

Hey guys, I have no more working controllers, I am entrenched in loads of schoolwork, and I officially don't care about video games anymore. Cya...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest FCs:

THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES FIVE STARS!!!

When I first played GH3, I thought Expert was impossible. When I started Expert, I thought passing TTFAF was impossible. When I passed TTFAF on December 14th, 2009, I thought 5 starring it was impossible. Now I 5 starred it finally, and what's next? An FC perhaps? Nah... :D

Hi, I figured I'd post this...I am only really doing Guitar Hero 3 stuff cause I really only keep track of that...

Songs FCed: 42/70

Closer
Metal Heavy Lady
When You Were Young
Generation Rock
Sabotage
Mississippi Queen
Radio Song
My Name is Jonas
Slow Ride
Reptilia
Bulls on Parade
Ruby
Lay Down
Talk Diry To Me
Miss Murder
Sunshine of Your Love
Can't Be Saved
Story of My Life
Anarchy in the U.K
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
School's Out
Prayer of the Refugee
She Bangs the Drums
Paranoid
Even Flow
Cherub Rock
Barracuda
The Metal
Avalancha
3's and 7's
Helicopter
Welcome to the Jungle
The Seeker
Go That Far
Rock and Roll All Nite
Monsters
I'm in the Band
Stricken
Cliffs of Dover
Black Sunshine
Down 'N Dirty
Knights of Cydonia

Songs Nearly FCed:
Suck My Kiss (-1?)
Hier Kommt Alex (-1 Choke)
Minus Celsius (-1)
Same Old Song and Dance (-1 or 2)
La Grange (1 miss)

Song's 5 starred: 70/70

TTFAF current score:

Other Songs I got 500k on:

Cherub Rock
Stricken
One
Knights of Cydonia
The Way it Ends

600k songs:

The Number of the Beast
Through the Fire and Flames

Goals:
5 star TTFAF
5 star The Way it Ends
Get 500k on One
Get 10th on a song for Wii
Post a Score for Every Song (70/70)
Get 1st on When You Were Young for Wii
Get in top 150 on Wii
Get in top 1000 overall
Get 60 FCs
700K on TTFAF

FC Goals:

La Grange
Before I Forget
Holiday in Cambodia
Minus Celsius
Raining Blood
Nothing For Me Here
Hier Kommt Alex
Cult of Personality

That's about it for now...not that great [/img]

Last edited by Fhdra on Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 am; edited 36 times in total
RoryandCam  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice fc's , i have quite a few of them myself , do you have access to dlc? there are a few easy fc's on marketplace
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoryandCam wrote:
nice fc's , i have quite a few of them myself , do you have access to dlc? there are a few easy fc's on marketplace

No, unfortunately Wii does not have DLC on GH3. My friend has GH3 for PS3 though and next time I'm over his house I'm planning on playing a few of the songs and posting sightread scores on ScoreHero...

SAW4135  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, not to shabby

If you can get a -3 on Helicopter, I'm pretty sure you can handle strumming I think you can 5* The Way It Ends, just work on the strumming sections so you can keep combo through most of them. If you can get 500k on TTFAF, you can definitely get that 5*

Good luck with your future GH:3 endeavors!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goo ttfaf 5*!!! you can do it your 10000000x better at struumming at me and im 2k off the 5*

you can do it!!!

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Benster26  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF

You have got 21 fcs, but you have got 500k on ttfaf?

That i struly insane, I had 40 fcs when I got to that landmark. If you five star it before thirty I will say 'Good Job' (anti-climax I know!!!)

Keep it up, whats next?

Back on the 11th!
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAW4135 wrote:
Hey, not to shabby

If you can get a -3 on Helicopter, I'm pretty sure you can handle strumming I think you can 5* The Way It Ends, just work on the strumming sections so you can keep combo through most of them. If you can get 500k on TTFAF, you can definitely get that 5*

Good luck with your future GH:3 endeavors!

Just 5 starred They Way It Ends!!!

SAW4135  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was fast

Gogogo TTFAF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I was at, like, 35 when I 5-starred TTFAF.

Cmon, beat us to the lowest total of FCs to 5-Star TTFAF!

And congratz on the TWIE 5-Star!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, it's been a month since I updated. Nothing special, I'm just a below average player, nothing like the other people posting here...

Anyways, for a long hard month I've been trying to 5 star TTFAF...for a while it was frustrating. I kept get like 450-470k on each run. I was getting pissed. Until yesterday I miraculously improved, only by 7k, but it's an improvement.

So, I'm looking to FC some more stuff, and I've been getting high scores on easy songs. When You Were Young is my primary target for a first place...if I get a 287,206 it puts me in first for Wii, and if I get 287,214 (which IS possible, I just never told anyone I got an extra tick on the 2nd to last activation) it puts me in first overall.

So...yep

dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I suggest using PathHero to try and find a good 5 star path for TTFAF. A 5 star run will require you to know what sections you can hit and to use star power during them. You also might want to practice the sections that are star power, so that you can consistently get all but 2 or 3 star power phrases in the song. Good luck, you'll get it soon I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a small update but I JUST FCED STRICKEN!!!

List of things I can't do:

5 Star TTFAF
FC Even Flow
FC La Grange

...AND I FC STRICKEN?! HOLY CRAP!

In all reality it was way easier than I expected, I only started to try yesterday...maybe because I'm good at tapping and chords?

But really, FC 28, and I can't do any of the easy stuff...

Benster26  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice stricken fc, did you tap the solo?

If not then the fcs beomes ten times more impressive, I have no idea how it is even possible one handing. I have to tap it!

Maybe a co-op fc?

Go on... you can get ttfaf, dont worry about learning stupid sections (synth, gs) just concentrate on strumming. That is how I got it.

So what is the time difference between us two, I am in the UK and your in pst time right?

We could play sunday maybe?

Keep up the good work.

Also Even Flow is a bitch to fc, expect many post solo chokes.

Back on the 11th!
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
Very nice stricken fc, did you tap the solo?

If not then the fcs beomes ten times more impressive, I have no idea how it is even possible one handing. I have to tap it!

Maybe a co-op fc?

Go on... you can get ttfaf, dont worry about learning stupid sections (synth, gs) just concentrate on strumming. That is how I got it.

So what is the time difference between us two, I am in the UK and your in pst time right?

We could play sunday maybe?

Keep up the good work.

Also Even Flow is a bitch to fc, expect many post solo chokes.

Sunday may work, and I'm EST, which makes it a bit easier I hope, it would have to be afternoon for me though, since I'm gonna be somewhere in the morning. My friend code is 0174-1921-0481, PM me and we'll figure out what songs to do...

Also, I tapped it yes :P But I've gotten -5 on the solo one handed

dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT?!?!?!? A Stricken FC and you can't do Even Flow?

Stricken is definitely an impressive FC, if you can get that you can get at least 45-50 FC's. Have you given TTFAF any more work?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: