Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
OH HELL NO (interstitial ads)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt6662  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just closing the tab isn't enough to end the session and forcing a logout. You have to either close the browser completely or wait 15-20 minutes like JC said and have the session timeout.

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that makes perfect sense now. we'll learn to deal with it. i'd just rather the ads not have sound but i guess that's not an option anymore.

i really wish i could help SH out monetarily. stupid real life priorities.....
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe each side has its own "Browsing Session", so if you switch, it will happen to you if it hasn't before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Also for reference this is the first opportunity I've had to accept a targeted ad campaign for the site in over a year, and given that the site has been losing money for a quite a while now I thought this would be acceptable with the frequency cap requirement.

I appreciate everyone who does not adblock SH, but understand adding an exception for this particular ad if it's truly too bothersome.

I wasn't aware that SH was in the red. I won't be blocking the ad, then. I'll just deal with it.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LocalH wrote:
JCirri wrote:
Also for reference this is the first opportunity I've had to accept a targeted ad campaign for the site in over a year, and given that the site has been losing money for a quite a while now I thought this would be acceptable with the frequency cap requirement.

I appreciate everyone who does not adblock SH, but understand adding an exception for this particular ad if it's truly too bothersome.

I wasn't aware that SH was in the red. I won't be blocking the ad, then. I'll just deal with it.

this made me think that SH needs a donation link or a mass email concerning this. i will gladly help in 2 weeks when my wife start working again. if my favorite site ever goes bankrupt and goes down, it'll be apocalypse.

dont be shy to tell People what's going on with SH JCirri, we all want it running forever.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
if my favorite site ever goes bankrupt and goes down, it'll be apocalypse.

This. Seriously, aside from Facebook, SH is the only site I have open at all times. I would HATE to see it go down, if it's close to it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

This. Seriously, aside from Facebook, SH is the only site I have open at all times. I would HATE to see it go down, if it's close to it.

Thirded. SH is my life.

Actually, General Chat is my life, but whatever.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
odub712  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Cabanon wrote:

Thirded. SH is my life.

Actually, General Chat is my life, but whatever.

I agree with the above sentiments. One of the other boards I frequent (for one of my favorite bands, Widespread Panic), has a post quarterly that is stickied for a week or so just saying the server bill is due and any donations would be much appreciated. The last time they did it, enough people donated to keep it running ad-free for the next 3 quarters. I would definitely throw down what I could to help keep Scorehero afloat.

Thanks again mods/admins and all the supporters of this site.
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned to predict exactly when the add will strike and I can position my mouse pointer exactly where the X lays just before the laptop finishes falling. This is fun. I approve JC.

Edit: Also, I just remembered that I actually have money on my debit card, so I donated $25. I challenge someone to donate more than that before 12:00am est.
matt6662  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
I've learned to predict exactly when the add will strike and I can position my mouse pointer exactly where the X lays just before the laptop finishes falling. This is fun. I approve JC.

Edit: Also, I just remembered that I actually have money on my debit card, so I donated $25. I challenge someone to donate more than that before 12:00am est.

I don't have a debit card or I would

Matt wrote:
I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this kind of ad? It's not quite as bad as the Toshiba one, but it shows up on almost EVERY DAMN page on the red side. Blue side doesn't get it though.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen that ad, Hobo111, and that's most certainly a mistake with a wrong-sized unit in the rotation. I'll send a report and hopefully the ad agency can take care of that.

I also really appreciate the support through donations and/or not blocking ads here. Every bit helps, especially since we're now depending on Rhythm Authors funds to keep SH running (and still by slim margins).

There may come a time when I call for a donation drive similar to that of 2007 before the server upgrade (can't believe that was 4 years ago). I'd first want to be able to promise more for the long-term future of the site, which I'm working towards while balancing other tasks - I'll hopefully have more information on that by end of the year.

Most importantly, I give huge thanks to all that have and continue to positively contribute to this site and community.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we can hit up HMX for some more cash like last time too....

can't wait for more news.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had it happen to me 3 page loads in a row...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: