ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So, this game is dead to a lot of people. Why do you still play?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
Xbox live sure is full of retarded 14 year olds.

And yet the only matches I get on GH3 are retarded 14 year olds, telling me to play MW3 and shit. Now, I just play GH3 just if anyone else wants to play me.

I still play GH5 tons. I've never had WoR, so I wouldn't know if it was better. I still play it just because it's fun and I love the game. Plus, as a musician, I use the GHTunes just to play my own songs I have made. Why not?
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my story. I played a demo of GH3 and I wanted the game. I eventually got GHWT. I started on medium, thinking it wouldn't be challenging. I didn't like it, so I bumped down to easy. I eventually got the hang of it, so I moved to medium. Then I was playing hard. After played expert charts on practice mode, I got a hang of that too.

I will never get tired of GH or RB. I just love it.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to keep my FC count growing up.

no seriously, because i love music and that's the best way i can keep listening to it and stay connected to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because oddly enough (and really going out on one here)...I find it fun?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Because oddly enough (and really going out on one here)...I find it fun?

Ah... such a British sentence. You wrote it just before I did
11:13 RheaultWnage_: it's -37°C where you live atm alex? :P
11:13 alexhaz64: -45 now/quite the cold front
11:14 Jleggy12: and that's in Kelvin :o
11:14 RheaultWnage_: damn thats pretty cold/-40 K xD/I think -45 is about the coldest I've ever felt
11:14 Jleggy12: round about -300 C :P
11:14 RheaultWnage_: maybe colder than what I've felt
11:14 alexhaz64: -38 >.>
11:15 RheaultWnage_: OH YOURE TALKING ABOUT THE NOTES LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: Jleggy12
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have come no where close to completing everything I want to accomplish. I didn't even do that with GH3 before the game explosion that soon occured. I haven't even beat all songs on expert in all games, much less get all the FC's I can, along with hard, medium, and easy. There's the handhelds, RB, real guitar (Rocksmith). If I didn't have consistently breaking drums and have to buy new equipment so often (expensive) I'd play for a loong time.
jimnablazed  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got bored of it tbh.

Maybe if a new one comes out Ill reconsider playing gh again but for now I have no motivation at all.

Nice to see some regulars here though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play because it's still a hell of an entertaining good time. That and I'm trying to get back to where I was in my prime...all I need is one good FC..maybe ANL..but I'm rambling. The music still draws me in all the way, but the challenge is still ever present for me.

But of course, from a "selecting songs that jibe with the spirit of the occasion" standpoint. But that'd be too easy, and does not scratch my abritrary "supremely idiotic query that perhaps only ScoreHero may know the answer to" itch.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fr0z3nD3m1s3 wrote:
McSkinny wrote:

And yet the only matches I get on GH3 are retarded 14 year olds, telling me to play MW3 and shit. Now, I just play GH3 just if anyone else wants to play me.

Hence why I don't play PFO's much anymore, and I get hate messages sometimes. Oh well...

The other games (Halo, Modern Warfare, etc.) are very fun, but GH never gets old, to be honest.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Davers's statement:

Davers wrote:
Same reason why some people still play atari, NES, or SNES games - they get joy and fun out of it. The fact that I played on Hard mode so long, jumping and pretty much only playing Expert now is still a whole new world for me Plus I like listening to music, so it's a win-win situation.

Also, this community has a lot to do with it. I like most of you guys and coming to SH has helped fueled my passion to stay in the game.

...subtract about 30% of his ability, add the fact that I've got terrible luck with guitars and not as much GH time as I'd like (which adds to the longevity of this series) and you've got my statement.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McSkinny wrote:
Davers wrote:
One thing that irks the crap out of me is when people tell me "GH is dead, get with the days and play Modern Warfare. Online multiplayer battles is where it's all at and that's what real gamers play."

I don't understand these so called "gamers" of today.

What's sad is I stopped playing online simply because I got tired of playing with a bunch of children. But my friends also say the same thing. Most of them are so hardcore with MW3 they should just marry it. Yeah, I said it.

Not that all online players are kids, but wow, there sure are a lot of them. Hard to believe that so many parents buy their kids these "violent" (lol) games and online subscriptions (well, if they have an Xbox). Really is amazing at just how spoiled the newer generation is. I can't ever imagine my parents dishing out that kind of money for a system, games, and whatever else. But I guess this is a different discussion for a another time.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Also, this community has a lot to do with it. I like most of you guys and coming to SH has helped fueled my passion to stay in the game.
I can say with 100% certainty that without ScoreHero, I would have played GH2 for a couple weeks and never played again. The reason I play the game is the music, but I have to have some kind of goal, and if I didnt have the leaderboards here, I would never have the motivation to play.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Davers wrote:
I can say with 100% certainty that without ScoreHero, I would have played GH2 for a couple weeks and never played again. The reason I play the game is the music, but I have to have some kind of goal, and if I didnt have the leaderboards here, I would never have the motivation to play.

Pretty much this. I originally stuck to the in-game accomplishments (beating every song/unlocking everything, getting five stars on everything) but then I discovered FCs, and SH, and all of a sudden there was a whole new element to this game. Paths? Scores? Rankings? I was hooked :p Don't play nearly as much as I used to (first two years of college probably suffered from the amount of GH I played, really), but I still play when I get the chance, and I don't think that'll ever change. Whether I'm playing for fun or playing to improve my scores or get new FCs, I'll never run out of things to do in these games. The only way I would ever quit permanently is if I got first place on every song, difficulty, and instrument (or worse, SH ceases to exist). Even then I would still play every once in a while casually. These games are just too much fun, and they've played too big a role in my life for me to give up completely.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
or worse, SH ceases to exist
That will never happen. I would continue it if for some reason JC ever chose not to and no one else above me wanted to.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
alexhaz64 wrote:
or worse, SH ceases to exist
That will never happen. I would continue it if for some reason JC ever chose not to and no one else above me wanted to.

You have no idea how much that makes me happy.

SH is pretty much the reason why I didn't stop playing when WT came out. And it's still the reason why I've gotten so far. I owe my thanks to everyone who made SH to it is today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: