ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
-- The New Master FC Breakdown - WILL BE FINISHED! --
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I came to a realization while driving to work today about this thread.

It is doomed to fail no matter how large it becomes. We are doing this wrong.

There is way way way way too much content and we are getting bogged down into minute details so it will never really be "accurate". This needs to be more segmented in order to even possibly succeed.

The way I see it, we need separate breakdowns for each individual game to be completed first, with the DLC set for each game added into it.

We will need separate lists for
1) GH1 - 49
2) GH2 - 99 (360 version with all DLC plus trogdor NTSC and PAL counted separately due to stupidity)
3) GH80s - 30
4) GH3 - 138 (all dlc included)
5) GHA - 41
6) GHWT - 244
7) GHM - 49
8) GHSH - 48
9) GHVH - 47
10) GH5 - 247 (all DLC including freebird wii and not counting the repeat identical charts released as DLC)
11) BH - 65
12) WoR - 157 (plus whatever DLC comes out in the next two months)

these twelve lists by themselves can be argued forever and infinity, but once we come to a "final" version of each list, then we have to consider 12 songs at a time. the easiest song on each list. then say "which of these 12 is the easiest to FC?" then add that to the top of the list, replace the 12 with the next easiest from whatever game, then move on that way until we've gotten through all 1200+ songs

THAT will be a list worth looking at.

I do not think it is worth it to go the other way (hardest to easiest) because the hardest songs are the ones that end up with the most debate, which will stop the list from having any sort of interest later on.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with SpoonMan.

I think a good idea is to have individual people come up with their own individual portions of each list so we have about 5 different independent views on each section made by players at the correct level to be evaluating said section. So we divide each game up into 4 parts and you pick one of said 4 parts to make breakdowns for in any game you're familiar enough to evaluate (hint: should have played all the songs at the very least, videos don't quite cut it). You should pick the section in which you begin to have difficulty FC'ing the songs but they're still doable for you in mid-short term (a couple weeks type deal). If this is a real community effort it could be a great project for scorehero.

I'm fairly familiar (or about to be) with all the charts save a few console exclusives so I'll volunteer to be opinion 1/5 on the harder side of the list for all the games (I know there are more likely to be people in the harder side than the middle/lower ends but hey, what can I do ). I'll begin if at least a few people are interested in the idea. I'd really like to make an accurate FC breakdown especially now as there is to be a finite number of songs very soon.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll third that motion, I would be willing to evaluate the 2nd hardest section of each game (out of 4 sections), as that is where my skill set falls.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in. i havent played any of the old school games in a looong time though, so my take on those probably shouldnt be weighted to heavily if they seem strange
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm nowhere near good enough to be involved in the actual decision making portion of it BUT i would be more than happy to organize everything and run it if you guys want. If you're cool with starting over then get this thread locked and I will post the first thread in the project later today: GH1

I don't agree with breaking the games into "the hard section" and "the middle section" etc. I do agree with breaking them up. for example, GH1 has 49 songs so i would say to break it into 5 groups of 10/10/10/10/9 songs apiece. The songs within each group honestly don't matter. it's just so that people don't get overwhelmed by too much information to process.

people rank each group 1-10, then we have our order between the groups. then the easiest ones in each group get put against each other and we pick the easiest, then replace that with the next one on the list.

it is entirely possible that one group gets the top 10 easiest songs and another gets the top 10 hardest, and that's fine. the only point of the splitting up is to limit the discussion to "out of just these songs, which is easiest?"

Once GH1 is done, then GH2 starts, etc etc etc etc until we've ranked every game individually including DLC.

actually now that i think about it there's no reason i can't run 12 threads at once to get it rolling faster, though that may lower participation drastically. thoughts on this?

either way once we have every game's breakdown set, then the "main" thread will start and it will just be "out of these twelve songs which is easiest?" that will continue until there's no more songs to pick from in band hero... then out of these 11 songs... etc etc until we only have the songs we're already arguing about left to pick from. the very top of the list will always be in question, but then at least the whole 1000+ songs in the rest of the list will be as "correct" as they can be.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to do your idea I suggest we have 8 or so people of varying skill levels evaluating this OUTSIDE scorehero, and once we finish the breakdown for each respective game we post it in the thread to get community opinions on the (somewhat) finished product. Otherwise it's just too time consuming.

So for this idea so far we have:

High level:

Me
Scarecrow

Middle level:

Dave0113

Lower level:

Spoonman (trust me, you're definitely going to be far better than any of the rest of us at determining the bottom of the list).

So we need 4 more volunteers, and mid-lower level especially pl0x. Then we get in a chatroom, and do the entire GH1 initial draft in 2-3 hours and post it in the main thread, repeat for each game. Otherwise it'll take years (literally).
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to help but don't have my PS2 guitar hero games with me, but once we get on GH3 and up I can help in the mid lower levels probably, I can usually FC about half of the songs in a game (WT, GH5, WoR, VH) so I could help

SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace5993 wrote:
Otherwise it'll take years (literally).

yeah that was kinda the idea..... i mean what else are we gonna do around here with no new games coming out?

and I really haven't played too much expert in the last.... really long time (lol).I'd rather not have a small amount of people make a list and then open the list up for discussion. the discussion should be the creation of the list. otherwise it's exactly the same as the way this thread was started.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
ace5993 wrote:
Otherwise it'll take years (literally).

yeah that was kinda the idea..... i mean what else are we gonna do around here with no new games coming out?

and I really haven't played too much expert in the last.... really long time (lol).I'd rather not have a small amount of people make a list and then open the list up for discussion. the discussion should be the creation of the list. otherwise it's exactly the same as the way this thread was started.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with this process taking a while. As long as we do it right, we will have a list that is as objective as possible. Also, I personally think that 12 threads running simultaneously will be detrimental to progress, I think 2 is the maximum we should have running at any given time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm going to open up the first thread right now. Let's see how it goes.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going with Ace's suggestion, I'd take the middle with Dave.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did was attempt to rank everything in each group, but I changed the color of selections which I think are too far away from my skill level (be it too easy or too hard). Basically I'm saying that anything that I changed to either red or green can be ignored, because my ranking for those songs is unreliable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my head is still spinning trying to figure out this madness of a ranking system you have created, but if you've got it all figured out then by all means go for it

honestly i think ace's chatroom idea is better because otherwise this is gonna take a LONG time
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only point of my sparta system is to limit the number of songs considered at any one time. the reason for this is because if you're looking at a list of 1000 songs, who can make any rational discussion out of that?
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Naruto42  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counting dlc separately will force us to choose between 16 songs for the final topic and there are just millions of dlc, so i think we could do extra topics as "dlc breakdown" when dlc topics are done, which each time one dlc per game, and then the 211 original breakdown when gh2 and gh3 topics are finished, and a gha-ghwt-ghsh-gh5 topic and finally ghvh-bh-ghwor.

This way, the final topic would be a debate between one song of each extra topic, so only 4 songs, making it easier and clear.

And an accurate 211 original breakdown would be great

Last edited by Naruto42 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Naruto92250 Wii Friend Code: 7287116137472646
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: