ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Expert Guitar/Bass Full Game FC Breakdown *UPDATE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open mouth, insert foot.
go play dyers eve, ttfaf-sh, and black widow on easy guitar and then tell me those games aren't all harder to FGFC than GH3

EDIT: now see what you made me do... you made me actually make the list!

in order from hardest to easiest, with the hardest song which is the reason for the placement listed

GHWoR (Black Widow- what the fuck chart)
GHSH (TTFAF- sliders and trills and odd strum patterns everywhere)
GHM (Dyers Eve- FAST for easy)
GHWT (Sweet Home Alabama- FUCK YOU OUTRO plus length)
GH5 (Spirit of Radio- main riff is about as fast as the hardest parts of RaBl)
GH3 (RaBl- probably the only well-known "difficult" easy mode chart)
GH2 (Free Bird- length and solo I/J having absolutely no rhyme or reason to where the notes are)
GH1 (BatM- solo is just barely hard enough to put this above the rest of the group below)
BH, GHVH, GHA, GH80s all equal at the bottom with zero songs that are even slightly annoying to FC

Also notable for ridiculous difficulty (for easy mode) is Any Way You Want It in GH3 DLC.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no possible spot for GHVH than the very bottom of the list. Fact.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:

I have to agree and say this. 4 people have this FGFC (Marbler, oddball, strike, and preston) which means it IS that hard to get. I know it's basically one part in the entire game that makes the game so hard, but the fact remains, that one part makes it the toughest FGFC out there.
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Pas26 wrote:

I have to agree and say this. 4 people have this FGFC (Marbler, oddball, strike, and preston) which means it IS that hard to get. I know it's basically one part in the entire game that makes the game so hard, but the fact remains, that one part makes it the toughest FGFC out there.

Numbers mean nothing dude.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Also, I just assumed that TTFAF GH3 was the hardest easy FC, because it is by far the harest FC on both Medium and Hard. I'm glad I was able to push you [spoonman] to make this list with my ignorance, lol.

I agree with GH:VH as the hardest. Length has nothing to do with difficulty. The fact is that I'm The One is the single hardest FC to get in any of the games. If you can FC everything else in GH:VH in 10 minutes or less, and FC I'm The One outside of the strumming, it still doesn't matter, because if you can't FC the strumming than you can't FC the song, and you can't FC the game. FACT.

Last edited by dave0113 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerfoot32 wrote:
Davers wrote:
Pas26 wrote:

In this case, I believe they do. There is a reason why so few people have this FGFC, it's because ItO is just tough. Numbers say this is the hardest FGFC. I don't care if it's because people can't FC 22nps strumming, it makes the game unFC-able for 99.9% of the GH community. If we aren't taking that into consideration, how is this list being compiled? I was under the impression that this was a list from easiest to hardest FGFC. If this is the case, I think numbers should mean something. That's just me though I guess.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I had a brain fart, disregard this post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M THE ONE IS REALLY NOT THAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO, VH belongs just above World Tour!!!!!
Here's how I make the list:
GHA
GH5
GH80s
GH1
GH2 (PAL obv)
GHM
GHVH
GHWT
GHWoR
GHSH
GH3

Really, it's not that hard. You want hard? Go do that quintuplet strumming in Eruption.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Edit: Also, I just assumed that TTFAF GH3 was the hardest easy FC, because it is by far the harest FC on both Medium and Hard.

Yeah... it's actually not hard at all even by easy mode standards. Best way to get the 1000NS achievement in gh3.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Kerfoot32  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler wrote:
I'M THE ONE IS REALLY NOT THAT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO, VH belongs just above World Tour!!!!!
Here's how I make the list:
GHA
GH5
GH80s
GH1
GH2 (PAL obv)
GHM
GHVH
GHWT
GHWoR
GHSH
GH3

Really, it's not that hard. You want hard? Go do that quintuplet strumming in Eruption.

I agree, but if I don't make VH the hardest everyone will throw a tantrum.

Davers wrote:
Kerfoot32 wrote:
Davers wrote:
Pas26 wrote:

In this case, I believe they do. There is a reason why so few people have this FGFC, it's because ItO is just tough. Numbers say this is the hardest FGFC. I don't care if it's because people can't FC 22nps strumming, it makes the game unFC-able for 99.9% of the GH community. If we aren't taking that into consideration, how is this list being compiled? I was under the impression that this was a list from easiest to hardest FGFC. If this is the case, I think numbers should mean something. That's just me though I guess.

Numbers mean NOTHING. If the number of people who have FCd something represent the difficulty of said FC, then Jordan must be an easier FC than Last Resort. Is that what you're trying to say?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKerfoot32
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Numbers mean NOTHING. If the number of people who have FCd something represent the difficulty of said FC, then Jordan must be an easier FC than Last Resort. Is that what you're trying to say?

I'm saying that for a FGFC, the number of people with said FGFC should tell you how hard it is. I'm pretty sure the majority of our top players have GHVH (so unavailability is out of the question), and yet only 4 have been able to achieve this prestigious FGFC. I'm saying that needs to be taken into consideration. I'm very much under the impression that GH3 is not at all the hardest FGFC. It's hard, but not the hardest. I'd say

GH3
GHSH
GHVH

Again, how is this list being compiled if numbers don't matter? I'm completely baffled at how you are coming about making this list without taking any type of numbers into consideration. I'm not saying that they make the list, but they definitely need to be considered all the same. Not trying to start anything, just curious at how you are looking at it. (I haven't read the entire thread, so you might have already stated this answer somewhere else).
Marbler  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can safely assume that I'm the One is the hardest song in GHVH (I'd say Eruption, but let's rule that out for now), and TTFaF is the hardest song in GH3.
I'm the One has a single hard part in it, the strumming. The outro is easy, and if you can learn the strumming and you don't learn the outro, you're retarded.

Through The Fire and Flames has Bridge 1, Bridge 2 (looks to Guku), What the..!?, Twin Solo, and to top it all off with choke points, the red snake. Up until just recently I hadn't found a method that works for the red snake. That's 6 minutes into the song. I'm the One's choke point is at the end of it's less-than-4 minute entirety.
Eruption? One.
Spanish Fly? Raining Blood.
Hear About it Later? Don't Hold Back.

GH3 is harder than VH by far.

Smash Hits has its TTFaF. 'Nuff said. Interlude 1A is still fucked, Sam's Solo is now hard, Shred to Glory B, Twin Solo A, Twin Solo B, Chorus 3A with its modified snake, Beyond the Flames B for Christ's Sake, then you have the strumming engine to deal with the whole time since this was about the time that Vance decided to start charting strums right. No other songs to back it up except Play With Me, though, so it remains above GH3.

World Tour has Satch Boogie (Solo D, and Solo F itself is almost as long as Spanish Fly), Hot for Teacher (amazing strumming at the end, I don't know how many times I choked there), Love Removal Machine (what the fuck sliders? Why?), Pull Me Under (SOOOO LONG!!!!!!!!), and I think there was one other tough one, and you have to deal with sliders the entire time. SLIDERS ARE SO TERRIBLY BROKEN IN THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I'd place Van Halen. I've described this one already, but for the sake of the description, I'm the One has a single hard part in it, the strumming. The outro is easy, and if you can learn the strumming and you don't learn the outro, you're retarded. I'm the One's choke point is at the end of it's less-than-4 minute entirety. Spanish Fly is hard, but come on. It's not even a minute long. Eruption is hard, yes, but you have 3 hard parts. Strumming, then trills, then triplets, and the triplets aren't that fast. Hear About it Later has fast strumming, but that's it, and Hot for Teacher literally just has the intro. Nothing else about that song is hard anymore since they changed it from World Tour.

Metallica has One. If it wasn't sliders, it wouldn't be too hard, but it is, so you're fucked. Good news is that if you can learn to do 20 nps descending trips, you can do the hard songs in this game, because there isn't much besides that.

Here comes GHWoR. There isn't really any argument about this one, because it's harder than the other 5 by far, but easier than these 5 by far. The hard songs are Black Widow of La Porte, Chemical Warfare, Fury of the Storm, Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, If you Want Peace... Prepare for War, Nemesis (one section), Sudden Death, This Day we Fight, Ties that Bind, and (You Can Still) Rock in America (also just one section). The impossible songs are Black Widow of La Porte, Chemical Warfare, and Fury of the Storm.

GH2 has Jordan, Trogdor, Institutionalized, Misirlou, Six, Hangar 18, Beast and the Harlot, and if you wanted to count it, Free Bird. Get used to strumming. Do note that Trogdor on NTSC is considered to be the hardest song ever, due to the fact that only one person has claimed to have FC'ed it, so this is only on PAL that I'm talking about.

GH1 doesn't have enough hard songs to make it as hard as GH2 or the others, but you have to deal with the HOPO engine, unless you want to strum everything (the common remedy to the situation). This makes for hard FCs for things like Fire it Up and Bark at the Moon which would otherwise be pretty easy.

You don't have too many songs in 80s that are hard. Because, it's Midnite; Ballroom Blitz; and I guess if you wanted to count it, Electric Eye. I might be missing a couple, but I remember that this was pretty easy outside of those two songs. BiM just has one hard solo that's only 8 measures long, and BB just has the strumming. Very hard as it may be, but just that nonetheless.

GH5 has 21st Century Schizoid Man and Scatterbrain (Live), which neither of those are really that hard as it is.

What is there to say about GHA? Nothing, that's what. Get Train Kept 'A Rollin' and you have the whole game.

There, I put the games in order, and even put a reason as to why.

EDIT: The reason I placed GH:WoR differently in this one than my last post is because my opinion has changed for that game since then. I saw that the songs really aren't that hard.
Also, tl;dr, in the format you guys have it, the games in the order I have here go like this:
GHA
GH5
GH80's
GH1
GH2
GHWoR
GHM
GHVH
GHWT
GHSH
GH3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
eddaket  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marbler, the issue with ItO is purely strum speed. TTFAF on GH3 is learnable. Everything in it is learnable. If you sat down in front of Bridge 1 for a day, you would probably get really good at it or possible FC it close to every time. You just need to learn it.

Strum speed is *really* hard to learn. It's not something that if you sat in front of the section for a day, you'd learn how to hit. It's physical restrictions. If you sit there and strum as fast as you can and can only strum 20NPS, you are shit out of luck. You can't learn how to strum faster. Strumming faster is just something that "comes" to you. If you take a section like Bridge 1 and can't do it because it's too fast, you can change your method and play to your strengths. As far as I know, there's only one method to strumming. Sure there are ways to grip that are better than others, but the fact still remains. If you can't strum that fast, you *can't* FC it. Strumming and fretting are two different skillsets. I've -3ed Satch Solo D, but I can honestly say I have never even come close to FCing 2A in ItO. It's different skillsets, so it's impossible to say which is harder.
Marbler  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
It's not something that if you sat in front of the section for a day, you'd learn how to hit. It's physical restrictions. If you sit there and strum as fast as you can and can only strum 20NPS, you are shit out of luck. You can't learn how to strum faster.

I couldn't do Ties that Bind whatsoever because I could in no way do the 17 nps or whatever that it sits at. In one day I managed to go from not being able to do the speed at all to only having to deal with the fret changes and stamina.

When I started Solo 2A of I'm the One, my fastest strumming was TDWDtG speed. 20 NPS. In a total of 3 days, I managed to go from that to I'm the One speed. Sure, it wasn't a day, but the fact is that I learned it. I learned how to increase my vibrate strumming speed. (Now I just need to learn to control my vibrate strumming speed so I can do TDWDtG again.)

Fast strumming is learnable, it just takes more time.
Peachfanclub  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I found a breakdown of this so that I don't have to make a new post.

GH1 is complicated enough without the standard HOPO ability. I'd say it makes Bark at the Moon, Get Ready 2 Rokk, Texas Flood, Decontrol, and Fire It Up harder than they all should be.

GH2 is a slight improvement, but then we come across two songs that break the game's engine, three songs with long fast strumming sections, a HOPO glitch for most players, and a beast of a song that probably would fit well in GH3.

GH80s is the same deal as GH2, although it resolves the HOPO glitch and shortens the setlist.

GH3 launches the more lenient timing window, removing the strum limit. This allows songs like The Devil Went Down to Georgia FCable, but the number of ridiculous songs seems to drastically increase (ctoutghfcoaugfh)

In GHA, which works under the improved engine, the only thing stopping us from a FGFC is a s**t ton of Aerosmith, which is actually pretty feasible.

GHWT is where the ridiculousness starts. There are 86 songs, many of which take up the new purple notes. If not for the sliders, it would be as much a walk in the park as GHA, but they actually make my favorite hard songs near impossible.

GHM is the same story as GHA, but under the WT engine, and Kirk Hammett is just one frickin' beast. Many of their songs, when imported, are given an intensity 7+ rating, and I still can't figure out how to tap my right middle finger and then my right index finger really quickly over and over.

GHSH has maybe four hard songs in the whole game. The rest of them are easy simply because we've heard them before. Play With Me is still a b***h, and TTFAF is still impossible.

GHVH is from my experience the same story as GHSH. Maybe four or five hard songs in the whole game, but they're near impossible. Many of us going for FSFC are likely to leave I'm the One for #660, or at least #47 in the game. I hate sliders, Eddie.

Has anyone given any indication of how hard a Band Hero FGFC would be? Other than Undead, who hints that I Want You to Want Me may be the one to go after.

Eleven words about GH5: Uh-oh. Don't blame me. Blame the saxes. Avant your face. That is all. Also, Du Hast is a lot of fun.

I hear a lot of s**t about GH:WoR, but about 30 of the songs are actually a lot of fun to play, especially the hard songs. There's no strum limit, no HOPO glitch, lenient engine, but I take it that Activision had plans to leave all of their remaining hard songs for last. Out of 93 songs, I'd likely have trouble with about 43.

BH
GHA
GH80s
GH5
GH2
GH1
GHWT
GHVH
GHSH
GH3
GHM
GH:WoR
8/7/18 - Fury of the Storm FC

On Jan 24, 2016, AdamHero wrote:
peach you are good at guitar hero
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Peachfanclub PSN Name: Peachfanclub Wii Friend Code: 0475108893170582
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: