ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 Leagues - Leagues Complete
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayhero wrote:
I would just like to know your reasoning in keeping GHIII Coop out. It would easily have the most participants in it.

this, maybe not the most participants, but most for a co-op league. plus theres some pretty epic co-op rivals going around right now. got my team, pleasant burning position, for good or for awesome who are deffinately a good co-op squeezing team, undead and joelc of course always have their team, and a new team "saltyhorsegerbils" is making a scene, that would be an epic final four showdown if u ask me.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
TehJlo  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for GH3X Guitar. Only recently have I seriously started playing again, and this'll give me a great excuse to practice. Let's do this!

FS5*[X]
Get more FCs: [working on it]
Getting Guitar Hero games other than 3 so I don't have to totally mooch: [working on it...]

dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my S.E.B.N. GH3 H & X Tournament over in the rivalries forum, I instituted what I call a "Hall Of Shame" to try and discourage people from dropping out. You might want to consider trying something like this that doesn't prevent a user from further participation at scorehero, but does discourage the user from dropping out.

Another idea is to temporarily "perma-rocker" a user who drops out of a league, which is better than creating a new "league drop out" forum rank because that might actually become sought after, thus having a negative affect on participation.

Another possible idea is to create reminders about leagues in several places, such as a front page announcement towards the end of each week, or automated PM's towards the end of each week to each user who has yet to submit a score. Taking this one step further (and into the website discussion forum), is creating a Scorehero Alert System, in which user's can enter in their e-mail or cell phone number to receive important imformation about not just leagues, but all of the happenstances (Dr. Horrible anyone?) occurring around scorehero.

Having said that, life happens, so drop-outs are inevitable. Maybe it might be prudent to up the signup requirements for each league. This will result in less leagues running, but it will also result in a greater chance of success for each league.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
Jayhero wrote:
I would just like to know your reasoning in keeping GHIII Coop out. It would easily have the most participants in it.

this, maybe not the most participants, but most for a co-op league. plus theres some pretty epic co-op rivals going around right now. got my team, pleasant burning position, for good or for awesome who are deffinately a good co-op squeezing team, undead and joelc of course always have their team, and a new team "saltyhorsegerbils" is making a scene, that would be an epic final four showdown if u ask me.

IIRC the winners last season didn't even have to play in either the finals or the semi finals and there was loads of other teams dropping out as well. And even if there are four teams going strong right now, that's not even close to enough for a league. It's still possible for it to be added to voting if there seems to be interest though.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe, who knows. _.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
NicoHero  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone !
I'm sorry i'm new on this site, i want to play tournaments and stuff, but I don't really know how it works.
Can someone tell me how it works (signing up in the league, what are the goals and the rules, etc ... )
Sorry if it has already been asked ...
thank's !
boss1592  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

awesome, cant wait, this is gonna be awesome. im gonna sign up for vox of some sort, and hopefully full band. going to be pure, highly condensed, win
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NicoHero wrote:
Hello everyone !
I'm sorry i'm new on this site, i want to play tournaments and stuff, but I don't really know how it works.
Can someone tell me how it works (signing up in the league, what are the goals and the rules, etc ... )
Sorry if it has already been asked ...
thank's !

You sign up by choosing a game and difficulty, and then each game etc. has it's own league. For each league, four songs are announced and you have exactly one week from the time of the announcement to get the highest score possible. The songs for each game are separated into four groups, depending on the difficulty. One group being very difficult songs, another being the easiest songs, and then the other two groups are in between. One song from each group is chosen each week at random.

Before the deadline, you submit whatever scores you got for each song. You may not use scores obtained before the announcement. You get a certain number of points awarded to you depending on how well each of your scores place in your league. At the end of four weeks of four songs, players are put in brackets for playoffs. The seeds for the bracket are determined by the number of points awarded to each player. Playoffs have four more songs chosen from the highest difficulty group, and the bracket style tournament is played out until it reaches a winner.

Rules are basically don't cheat. You're on the honor system for the first four weeks, but cheaters can be caught and will be booted from the league if not worse. During playoffs you must have proof. If your league is split into divisions (tiers of players around a similar skill level), you shouldn't sandbag, or play worse than you would have normally so you will be placed in a lower division that you can easily win in.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
Jayhero wrote:

The basic fact is that we cannot handle every league request. However if you really think there is a lot of people interested in this league then get a bunch of people in here talking about it and maybe it will make its way onto the preliminary signup list.

The dropout rate for duos/bands is even higher than single player (for obvious reasons) so we really need to have a lot of interest to consider this, so even if a bunch of teams drop out then there can still be competition in the playoffs.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
xbillax  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? Leagues? This shall be interesting, expect to see me in GH2X atleast
GH5 00/85 - GHVH 00/47 - GHWoR 00/93 - GHL 00/42
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

old school is awesome!!! im so signing up for that.

however, week three ill only be able to play one day as im going on a cruise on the 4th-11th. awe well, i guess i wont be doing good in that week

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
BigE33  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god, im all over this
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I won't be able to do this, because I'll still be gone during the month of June. This saddens me, I was hoping to show off my drum skills :/

Robbert  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I want to join up, but we might go away for a few days in either the week of the 27th of June or the 4th of July. :\ If we go, it'll probably just be a midweek, giving me two days to pull off the songs for that week.

As long as one week not participating (maybe) and participating in the rest is no issue, I'm game.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
NicoHero  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boosmars ! ;)
Just a question, for signing up, I just have to put here on this topic what game and which difficulty I want to play in ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: