ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
June DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six free songs songs by Ouimette. This is going to be awesome! I'm all giddy
Garwood  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 free Steve Ouimette.

Whooooooooooooooo

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Mimming  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the fuck cant they make it so the Steve Ouimette songs are paid for the same price as usual songs? I love this guys guitar riffs, and I want him to make a living off making songs for us, then he would be able to do alot more like a song a week or something. His songs have ALWAYS been higher quality and higher fun than almost every other song released. I want this guy paid his dues so he can make me a shitload more fun to play
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimming wrote:
Why the fuck cant they make it so the Steve Ouimette songs are paid for the same price as usual songs? I love this guys guitar riffs, and I want him to make a living off making songs for us, then he would be able to do alot more like a song a week or something. His songs have ALWAYS been higher quality and higher fun than almost every other song released. I want this guy paid his dues so he can make me a shitload more fun to play

You seem to think artists get royalties from DLC/Disc sales. I don't think that's exactly true.
nicko68  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ninty won't allow free DLC, can't you charge a small price for them, like 50 (would be nice, but doubtful) or 100 points?
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the return of Steve Ouimette, bout time he got a comeback

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicko68 wrote:
If Ninty won't allow free DLC, can't you charge a small price for them, like 50 (would be nice, but doubtful) or 100 points?

They've said previously when this first happened with WT DLC that they aren't allowed to do that so I guess that rule still hasn't changed.

http://hub.guitarhero.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=172584#p172584

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
release the free stuff for all consoles or nothing free at all. This is so stupid.

So it's unfair for about 15-20% of DLC buyers to not get free content, But it is fair if 100% of DLC buyers don't get any free songs??
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny is I emailed Nintendo about this awhile back...

I wrote:
As you're probably aware, the Guitar Hero series releases downloadable content every week to expand the game. Every so often, usually for some special event, Activision will release free content to the players. However, the Wii has oddly been missing out on this. Is this up to Nintendo? The free content stopped being available upon the release of Guitar Hero 5; Guitar Hero World Tour's music store still contains free content released in the past. I know many people are unhappy about this, especially because there is a free song coming out for Christmas that is supposed to be very challenging. A lot of people are disappointed at this lack of free content, and if you have the information and can disclose it, I would like to know why it's been missing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

their response:

Ninty wrote:
Hello,

I can appreciate your interest in downloadable content for Guitar Hero. However, that game was developed and published by Activision , which means they will be best suited to provide the information or help you require. To get contact information for this company, go to the following web address and click on the company name:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/licensees.jsp

So yeah. Don't think we'll ever get free DLC with a blame-avoiding response like that

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
What's funny is I emailed Nintendo about this awhile back...

I wrote:
As you're probably aware, the Guitar Hero series releases downloadable content every week to expand the game. Every so often, usually for some special event, Activision will release free content to the players. However, the Wii has oddly been missing out on this. Is this up to Nintendo? The free content stopped being available upon the release of Guitar Hero 5; Guitar Hero World Tour's music store still contains free content released in the past. I know many people are unhappy about this, especially because there is a free song coming out for Christmas that is supposed to be very challenging. A lot of people are disappointed at this lack of free content, and if you have the information and can disclose it, I would like to know why it's been missing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

their response:

Ninty wrote:
Hello,

I can appreciate your interest in downloadable content for Guitar Hero. However, that game was developed and published by Activision , which means they will be best suited to provide the information or help you require. To get contact information for this company, go to the following web address and click on the company name:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/licensees.jsp

So yeah. Don't think we'll ever get free DLC with a blame-avoiding response like that

thats such a lame response. they are the one to blame, not Activision nor Neversoft.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if Activision thinks its unfair to charge for free songs. It's way more unfair to not make them available at all. I'm really pissed that neither Nintendo nor Activision can try to make any kind of compromise. The free songs are usually some of the best and Wii users get screwed for no reason at all.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
I don't care if Activision thinks its unfair to charge for free songs. It's way more unfair to not make them available at all. I'm really pissed that neither Nintendo nor Activision can try to make any kind of compromise. The free songs are usually some of the best and Wii users get screwed for no reason at all.

dueling banjos somewhat says hello

I really agree with llama, make 'em 200 points, I don't care, as long as it gets out there

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: June DLC Announcement Reply with quote

Me, in the thread that got made in Misc. GH Discussion about this DLC wrote:
PaulRobinson wrote:
Beginning June 8, gamers can download the exclusive National Anthem Track Pack for free on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
Fuck, not this shit again, dammit.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't Wii owners ever get some Omelette Man love?
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more ouimette!!!!!

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: