ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Summer Olympics 2012 - Opening Ceremony tonight!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Summer Olympics 2012 - Opening Ceremony tonight!! Reply with quote

Can't believe no one has made a post about this yet! I am so stoked right now! I love the summer Olympics. Always have since I was a child. I remember watching them probably before a lot of you were even born. The last summer Olympics was very exciting to watch in terms of swimming and track. This year, I don't have my expectations as high for Phelps but I still expect to see him perform pretty fantastically. Track and Field is what I enjoy most though. Other events I'll be watching is Diving, Volleyball, maybe some Tennis, Parallel Bars, Balance Beam, Pommel Horse, and then some different track and field like shotput, pole vaulting, etc. TOO EXCITED!!

I took off the next two weeks at work just to watch this. I'm joining my friends on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Buffalo Wild Wings (cheap wing days) so I can chat, eat, and still watch the Olympics there. lol Anyone else getting pumped for opening day this coming Friday?!

Last edited by Davers on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, but probably won't be watching much since I'll be off the grid for half of those days.
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm probably psyched the most about the running events

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited! Besides the usual track events, I used to swim in high school, so I'll be looking forward to that. I also really enjoyed watching volleyball and water polo last olympics. Also, although it isn't one of their best, props to them for choosing a Muse song as their official song for the olympics.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the events, to the spectacle, to the much needed regeneration of one of the shittier areas of London, to the sheer festival of sport.

Dreading the logistics for the people who just happen to be living in the area at the time. My nearest Tube station - Custom House, or Custom House For ExCeL West, to give it its full title - is exit-only throughout the games. The next nearest one to walk to, Canning Town, is where the Jubilee (which goes from the main Olympic Park in Stratford to most of everywhere in Central London) and the DLR (which goes from central London out to most of the event locations in the east) meet, and as such it's going to be carnage.

And my work has decided that it's a good idea to open until 10pm every evening of the Games. My usual journey to work is DLR from Custom House (can't) to Canning Town (will be complete lunacy), then Jubilee (rammed) to Green Park (the main station for all the events in the Hyde Park area, and thus chaos), then Victoria to Warren Street. Yeah.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it much more than usual, especially track (Bolt) and tennis (being at the All England Club will be amazing).
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I won't start work for another week and a half, I'll be sitting down at 3pm to watch the Opening Ceremonies like I have for the last 3 Olympics. Then I'll most likely catch the soccer, basketball, and track & field events.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the USA, Opening Ceremony is tonight on NBC VERY EXCITED! I'm central time, so they are airing it at 6:30pm. Pacific and Eastern time it will be aired at 7:30pm for anyone interested. Right now I'm watching some men's soccer. Not a soccer fan, but it's the Olympics, so I'm watching it. lol
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i really don't give a shit about in the Olympics is the opening ceremony. Over hyped as shit.

As for the Olympics themselves, i love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Olympics: an impressive unification of the countries of Earth that in no way, shape, or form could be done today if it didn't already exist.

You're damn right I love these games, for more than sport.
Silly  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner this bollocks is over and Pointless is back on my television screen in the afternoon, the better.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Kinitawowi  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed half of the ceremony due to being at work and most of the rest due to a delay on the Jubilee Line. Got home just in time to see Myanmar arriving in the stadium.

Yeah.

My Crapchievements Thread GOAL: The Log [Beast And The Harlot 4.7*]
"Our Father, who art in Heaven... please, stay there." - Saint Etienne, New Thing
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kinitawowi64
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty indifferent to the Olympics but cool that Mike Oldfield got to play during the opening ceremony.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Pointless

Between this and Countdown, you guys get the best game shows. D:
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Davers  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, even though the opening ceremony wasn't as great as Beijing (what ever will be?!), I still thought this was pretty good. I really enjoyed watching the entire thing, especially since my mom joined me for the whole duration. She got really bored during the Parade of Athletes (as did I), but she really wanted to see the torch being lit and see Paul McCartney. Overall, I don't think this was a terrible ceremony at all like everyone is saying. Lots of hard work and dedication put into this, and I give props to everyone that did their part.

Now on to the REALLY exciting and more important part - the games! Let them begin!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: