ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What level of skill is "good" to you?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R0ck3rnst  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: What level of skill is "good" to you? Reply with quote

This actually has crossed my mind the other day. Now, a little background. I'm the best in my school, only with 17fc's, hopefully hitting 20 soon. I consider myself decent, but when it comes to the school, I consider myself rape. I like when people say, "You suck." When my comeback is, "Yeah here's the freaking guitar, lets see you get a 90% or over." Yes I know, kinda cocky, but that's me.

So, what catches your eye as "good"? Does the level of progression have any effect on you? Or if your better than them, are they "not good"? Or the other way around, if they are better then you are they "good"?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about this as well. I have 48 FC's atm and if I come across someone that can 5* songs against me on pfo, I consider them pretty good.

[X] 24 million
[X]Fc FCPREMIX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjSuqwfLJM
[X] 65 Fc's
[ ] Raining Blood FC (-5... miss in verse and fc'd flood)
[ ] 800k on TTFAF (792k now....11 chokes)
[ ] Get in top 15 again (18th)
soad1009  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that anyone that can play the game on hard is "good." Other than that i don't really put that much thought into it. If someone is better, or worse than me really doesn't matter. Everyone has vairying skill levels. Play for fun, or take em to Co-op and crush on em.

Beat TTFAF [ ]

Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who can play hard/expert is good in my book. I'm not in any position to judge too much beyond that.
nicko68  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, anyone who can play hard or above is "good".

You have to remember things are skewed here. A lot of people "in the real world" are playing easy or medium.
Dommin  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Life good=being able to FC a song on Hard.
Score Hero good=being able to FC a song on Expert.

Lurk moar.
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My philosophy:

1. Play on Medium? You're average
2. Can 5* /FC alot or all of Medium? You're above average
3.Play on Hard? You're good
4. 5* or FC alot of Hard? Your really good.
5. Play on Expert? You're freaking great
6. 5* Expert? You're what SH considers a "GH Guitar God" which is "pretty damn far above the average"... as far as SH is concerned.
7. FC most/all of expert? You are one of the few Legendary Players who continually wow us common folk. (I should clarify there are more and more people pulling this stuff off nowadays.)

As far as the entire GH playing world is concerned... Most fall between catagories 1 and 3. And from that standpoint, They are "good" players in their own right.

For ScoreHero, 98% of us fall between 4 and 6. The other 2% fall into 7.

[/lecture]

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I've seen topics like this before. What is "good"?

Well most people will tell you ScoreHero is a bad place to ask this question. Our definition of good is pretty skewed at times. A lot of people here tend to carry an elitist attitude as far as skill at the game (or at least those that participate in the forums), its kind of a shame tbh.

I suppose my particular situation is highly unusual as far as how I view my own skill at the game. Am I the best in town? No, PriestMLH lives in Evansville. Am I the best at my college? No, MPChedda goes to my college. Am I the best in my dorm? Probably, but thats not exactly an accomplishment in an all-girl hall.

My point is, it depends on who you are and where you are. Considering where I live and who I PFO with, I could easily say "Man I suck at this game." But with 69 and 23 FCs atm, I really probably don't suck that bad compared with your average player.

I've noticed its our favorite thing on ScoreHero to say to ourselves "I bet most people play on Medium, lol." This may or may not be true, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a higher amount of people are playing on Hard and maybe Expert, what with the increasing popularity of GH3. There ARE good players that exist outside of ScoreHero, as hard as it is to believe. ;)

I consider people who can play on Expert "good." (This doesn't mean I think that people who choose to play on Hard are bad, not at all, but I'm saying if you can pass most songs on Expert, you're pretty damn good).

Anyway, its different for everyone, but thats my 2 cents anyway. :P

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
This may or may not be true, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a higher amount of people are playing on Hard

My rank on GH3 hard here: 167th.
My rank on GH3 hard at the official site: 4,756th.

Though I'd bet that there are people who did not submit all their scores here, I find it really hard to believe that 4,600 players simply did not submit scores here. So yeah, I'm inclined to agree that there are many good players outside of the site.

Also, even in my small town of 250, I know of at least two players besides myself (non-SHers, to my knowledge) who play expert, and there are likely others who play hard. Some people came over to my place, played a little bit, and I thought they decimated hard at the time. >.>
Thrice  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion on this is I consider anyone who has FC'd maybe 1/4 of any game to be good.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you beat expert you're good.. I believe that should be the bottom line. At that point you've demonstrated all the basic and advance skills. Saying I have this many FC's just becomes a pissing match.
Raining Blood (3.4)
Cliffs of Dover (4.0)
One (4.7)

Trent is the man.
http://www.rockband.com/blog/entry/276614
DarcnesS  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be completely honest here.

My definition of good is as follows:

If player plays on expert- top 50 overall is what I consider good.

If player plays on hard- top 25 overall is what I consider good.

I have a ways to go before being good imo.
taint666  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as ravagetalon previously said... most players that dont know about scorehero play on easy or medium and think hard and expert require ''h4x'' to even pass

if you are simply going by scorehero... good is being either top 500 on a platform on hard.... or top 1000 overall expert

good, however, for common players is doing well on medium, and even beating a few songs on hard, and possibly attempting some expert if they are feeling saucy
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i ate a key lime pie today
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i felt like a traitor
DarkDucky  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for ME, good is getting higher than 1000th on a song on expert.

But when I look at other people, best example is if I'm planning on playing against them, then if they play on expert, they're good. Even if they haven't beaten it, or can't really 5* much (except maybe the first few tiers), then they're good compared to the average population.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
This may or may not be true, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a higher amount of people are playing on Hard

My rank on GH3 hard here: 167th.
My rank on GH3 hard at the official site: 4,756th.

Though I'd bet that there are people who did not submit all their scores here, I find it really hard to believe that 4,600 players simply did not submit scores here. So yeah, I'm inclined to agree that there are many good players outside of the site.

Also, even in my small town of 250, I know of at least two players besides myself (non-SHers, to my knowledge) who play expert, and there are likely others who play hard. Some people came over to my place, played a little bit, and I thought they decimated hard at the time. >.>

the official site bases rank on total points earned. if someone has passed all songs on all difficulties, they will outrank someone with all 5* on X only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: