ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
-- The New Master FC Breakdown - WILL BE FINISHED! --
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you really got me is harder than Dyer's Eve, War Ensemble, and HFT?

*twitches*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*I think you should switch Dyers eve & War ensemble

*Put in Setting fire to Sleeping giants above All Nightmare long (GHM) and (YCS)RIA below Disposable Heroes (yes I think SFTSG is much harder now)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
*Put in Setting fire to Sleeping giants above All Nightmare long (GHM)

Sorry no, I suck REALLY bad at SFTSG but in no way is it harder than a 9 minute song with arythmic strumming and 2 moderately difficult solos
Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
*Put in Setting fire to Sleeping giants above All Nightmare long (GHM)

Sorry no, I suck REALLY bad at SFTSG but in no way is it harder than a 9 minute song with arythmic strumming and 2 moderately difficult solos

Sorry but I agree with FL4RE. I'm not even close to SFTSG and I've FCd ANL! Yeah I know it's long song with lots of hard sections but there's nothing too bad in ANL.

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Fug  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with BOD on this one. SFTSG's fast part isn't all that much harder than the first solo (?) of ANL (the one with the R/O strum mess and descending slider note bullshit) and ANL is like, 3 times as long. ANL is definitely harder imo.

elScarecrow wrote:
you really got me is harder than Dyer's Eve, War Ensemble, and HFT?

*twitches*

HFT (both versions) > YRGM > WE = DE

On that note, I would move HFT (WT) up above PWM GHSH. There's no way the Zakk Wylde battle (career) is harder than HFT and HFT gave me much more trouble than PWM did.

EDIT: and move 21CSM up a little too. 21CSM > HFT GHWT > PWM GHSH

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Jellu  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
I'm with BOD on this one. SFTSG's fast part isn't all that much harder than the first solo (?) of ANL (the one with the R/O strum mess and descending slider note bullshit) and ANL is like, 3 times as long. ANL is definitely harder imo.

idk why that R/O strumming is so hard to most of people I guess I FCd it (or got -1) with RANDOM RUN. Then just little practice and I get consistent with it. But the transition to purples is pretty damn hard... I can't hit it consistently but ofter enough. The trill is not that fast it's easy to one-hand. For some odd reason the ending of purples was the hardest part for me but I luckily hit it with real run and got FC. IMO it's easier than Evil but that's because I can't get even close hitting Tapping Solo I'm not saying ANL should be moved up cause I guess nobody else thinks it's that easy

FCs: 45 | 63 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 205/211 | Total 646/660
Fug  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the R/O strumming isn't the hard part imo. It's the transition to the sliders like you said. I just mentioned the R/O part to help identify the section. :P

And Evil is easy.

Anchor everything. The last yellow just kinda hits itself so don't stress over hitting it. Funnest section in the game. :3

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
i suck at SFTSG and Evil but am good at ANL

yeah it sounds like you just got lucky with it. the hardest part of ANL is like 4 minutes in, and theres another like full minute of missable guitar solo after it. and then like 4 more minutes of hoping that you dont miss in the abundant fast strumming/other parts

SFTSG has 1 hard part like 2 minutes in. afterwards literally the whole rest of the song is even strumming at ~165 bpm (2 hopos, a few gaps... still)

how is this even being debated?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:

I'd have to totally disagree... How the hell are two easy-to-figure-out slider sections harder than a 6-some minute long song with constant strumming, 19 NPS triplets, and a solo that just doesn't let up in general? Even War Ensemble is harder than YRGM, while also not being equal to Dyers' Eve, just because the whole song is an endurance test compared to two short, not-too-fast slider sections (and I would argue that just the strummy solos alone in WE are harder than YRGM's sliders just because the Metallica engine is so picky with strumming)

Also ANL is way harder than SFTSG; SFTSG is easy to ghost note your way through where as ANL just constantly pounds on you with speed-changing strumming, the stop-and-go strumming in Solo 1B, and a not-exactly-easy solo plus more speed-changing strumming after that... how the hell can SFTSG even be argued as being harder than ANL

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YRGM should be around Scream Aim Fire, IMO. both HFT > WE > DE.
Fug  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Fug wrote:

I'd have to totally disagree... How the hell are two easy-to-figure-out slider sections harder than a 6-some minute long song with constant strumming, 19 NPS triplets, and a solo that just doesn't let up in general? Even War Ensemble is harder than YRGM, while also not being equal to Dyers' Eve, just because the whole song is an endurance test compared to two short, not-too-fast slider sections (and I would argue that just the strummy solos alone in WE are harder than YRGM's sliders just because the Metallica engine is so picky with strumming)

Verse 2 is very easy to figure out, but solo A is a mega-bitch. Much harder than any single section in either WE or DE imo. DE's solo looks intimidating, but has no difficult patterns in it. Solo A/B have nothing tough in them, solo C is all about not ghost noting the sliders, and solo D is very simple if you learn to alt tap the triplets. There's no tough transitions in it and with properly used tapping, there's no really quick fretting required. In terms of WE, the solos are fairly easy (the only "hard" part, imo, is the strumming in solo 2 since it has the stupidly placed HOPOs, which can lead to undeserved overstrumming), and the strumming throughout the song can be made easier just by abusing the timing window and hitting everything early (mainly the gallops in the verses). YRGM solo A, on the other hand, I just cannot get a grip on. I've posted my method for it and it shouldn't be as hard as it is, but the combination of the speed of the trips, the transition between ascending and descending, and the fact that it's slider notes, imo, make it tougher than the arm rape that is WE and DE. This is likely more of a personal problem than anything else, but can we at least agree on this:
elScarecrow wrote:
both HFT > WE > DE

EDIT: Fuck, I thought you made the last symbol an equals sign. WE and DE are so close in difficulty that it doesn't matter, I guess. I'll call WE harder. :P

SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
Jellu wrote:

I read "I suck at fisting and evil but am good at anal."

wtf is wrong with me?
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
Jellu wrote:

wtf is wrong with me?

WIN
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
Jellu wrote:

wtf is wrong with me?

WIN

That's what charlie sheen said (the new "that's what she said").

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
elScarecrow wrote:
Jellu wrote:

wtf is wrong with me?

lol that's hilarious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: