Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: On Tour Modern Hits Euro version is all wrong
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: GH: On Tour Modern Hits Euro version is all wrong Reply with quote

The order of the songs is completely wrong and there are actually MISSING songs on the list as well.

This is the actual track list in order, with the breaks where the game puts them in quickplay:

THE ONES IN BOLD ARE NOT TRACKED AT ALL ON SCOREHERO

When You're Gone
Dimension
Golden Skans
In The Shadows

Violet Hill
Que No
On Call
Bohemian Like You

Where Are We Runnin'?
'54, '74, '90, 2010
Our Velocity
Napoleon Says

Chelsea Dagger
Sweet Sacrifice
The Bitter End
Reptilia

Half-Truism
The Fallen
Via Le Mani Dagli Occhi
This Ain't A Scene...

Everybody Get Dangerous
Ruby
Miss Murder
Still Waiting

Always Where I Need To Be
All My Life
The Metal
Scream Aim Fire

so yeah.... five more DS songs missing from scorehero's scoretracking in addition to the five on the original GHOT.

Any chance of getting these fixed before the rewrite? and maybe getting those other five (Monsoon, Monster, Rock The Night, Ca Me Vexe, Avalancha. all on the original GHOT) added just in kind of a separate section like as if they were "DLC" or a "demo" game to keep them separate since you can't reorganize the original GHOT like you have the other two?

EDIT: just thought i'd note there are four songs that are actually in the list on scorehero and are NOT in the EU version of the game at all
-Do The Panic
-Lassoo
-Call To Arms
-Falling Down
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the details, I'll see if I can find time this weekend to update the songs and orderings here. It's not a quick fix because all tier ranks will need to be recalculated but it should certainly be fixed.

Adding a tier that doesn't contribute to overall totals for the missing non-US region songs on GHOT is probably a good solution to at least have a place to submit those scores. I'll make that change as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking love you. Thanks.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how in hell something like this can be read that fast by mods while some bugs reported weeks & weeks ago arent even responded. (no jealousy, just asking)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's called winning.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
it's called winning.

Having tiger's blood doesn't hurt either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very, very much JCirri

JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Cabanon, I did see that a while back and was planning to respond after taking a deeper look at the issue. I admittedly forgot about it and no one else nudged me since then, but I will try to take care of that and the issues in this thread today. I also saw your other thread about total song counts, but not sure if I'll be able to get to that too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Sorry Cabanon, I did see that a while back and was planning to respond after taking a deeper look at the issue. I admittedly forgot about it and no one else nudged me since then, but I will try to take care of that and the issues in this thread today. I also saw your other thread about total song counts, but not sure if I'll be able to get to that too.

no problem, i was just wondering if anyone else could fix that kind of problem other than you ? does anyone know the full Scorehero's script/code ? that can fix or change these kind of problems or you simply dont want anyone to mess with it (aka your hundreds and hundreds of hours spent on it)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it's a complicated mess due to the way things have grown over the years. For example there are 3 sets of song/score tables and tangled up code that ties them together. There are some things others can fix such as rankings being numbered incorrectly, but anything that involves digging into the source code is me.

It really needs the rewrite to clean up and standardize everything with better documentation so that a team can handle maintenance, but in its current state it's not really suitable for more than one person to mess with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you're showing 7 tiers of songs when there are only 6 venues (to my knowledge). You said it was based on breaks in quickplay but I have them grouped by venue everywhere else and plan to keep it that way.

I found a listing on Wikipedia here. Can you confirm if that's correct and perhaps give the order of songs within each of the venues?

I've also found our UK listing is wrong (as was posted here which matches the current wikipedia list) and will fix both of them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't actually play career at all since the songs are unlocked by default.... and I actually don't plan on it. If that's the ordering in career then whatever. I was more concerned with songs being listed as in the game that aren't and the fact that there were songs not tracked by SH at all.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, in that case I'll assume that Wikipedia is correct as all the songs match, and take a guess on the order within each tier based on your quickplay list.

If anyone else has the full career list let me know. The orderings within tiers can be easily adjusted later with no impact on the ranks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the fact that you're posting here means you're actively working on this fix now? If so, please don't forget about the songs for the original GHOT also.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: